Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    How was Breck alpine terrain today? (Lake Chutes, Snow White, Whale's Tail, Upper 7, etc.) Wind beat? Or wind filled?
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    How was Breck alpine terrain today? (Lake Chutes, Snow White, Whale's Tail, Upper 7, etc.) Wind beat? Or wind filled?
    When I left at 12 Imperial still wasn't open

Just on the gondola now coming down from Breck. Skied very well, awesome day. Wind filled in pockets in 7 and Horseshoe. Lake Chutes was very nice with dense snow. Skied crazy Ivan's (think thats the name for the line skier's left of the chute enterence and drops you out above the diamond). Good hucking snow, fun day.

This is what Vail looked like yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    It was very, very good. Very little of the high alpine terrain slid, so the dense, slightly wind-buffed powder made for smooth, high speed turns. All landings were very soft. I too was wondering how the snow had held up, but was pleasantly surprised. It was great randomly meeting up with KansasBoarder and Adimmen for a Lake Chutes lap. It was about noon or so before patrol was able to get Imperial open.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    It was very, very good. Very little of the high alpine terrain slid, so the dense, slightly wind-buffed powder made for smooth, high speed turns. All landings were very soft. I too was wondering how the snow had held up, but was pleasantly surprised. It was great randomly meeting up with KansasBoarder and Adimmen for a Lake Chutes lap. It was about noon or so before patrol was able to get Imperial open.
    Nice, bummer I missed it. If I had known they wouldn't get it open until noon, I probably could have made it up there. I just assumed they would get it open earlier and if it was good, it would be tracked before I could get there in the early afternoon. Big mistake.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

I was thinking about some Breck alpine for tomorrow - going to be super-crowded? Frontage Road was full at Vail today...

I did get first tracks down Lovers Leap today - excellent! The west side, however, is now devoid of snow. Hope everyone enjoys their EVs tomorrow, 'twas nicely blown-in the trees.
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

^^It's a Saturday at Breck, unfortunately it will be pretty damn crowded.
    Old's Cool.

I don't even grocery shop in Breck on Saturdays..

Don't blame me I voted for JoJo
    Don't Blame me, I voted for JoJo

CMsummit, we need to take some breck laps sometime! We're both there almost every day anyway hahah

I caught the t bar yesterday early, two good laps in horseshoe before it got so crowded I lost patience, then same deal on six chair. Waited for imperial, but not long enough, went down for lunch and then back out to the south side of ten w skinnies. Sunny and warm stashes. My spatulas are getting a tune, gawd they would not slide on that cold snow. Actually clicked out and walked rather than try to traverse. Also managed to wrap myself around a tree, massive bruise on my quad...sheesh, think I'll go ski w kids today. And! Some other chick was wearing my jacket! Time for new clothes.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Great day in EV. Didnt hit anything huge - too sketchy of a windslab to be poking around on top of the usuals, but got in a few 25-35'ers, and found a super sweet new pillow zone.

Small new snow crown above abes right, looked remotely triggered by people dropping left off the top, scary! Could have gone big. Old mans crown from the incident while CAIC was out there is HUGE! 8-10' looking at it from Joint Point. The cornice has grown from about 5' to 15' this last week.

Found a GNARLY 60-80' pillow freefall line, but couldnt see the LZ from the top. Thought about getting the rope out. Gonna try to circle around and check it out today. Maybe Sunday? First time I've been puckered in a long time. Very stoked on that feeling!

Guy in our crew lost a ski (praxis) tomahawking down some pillows skiers left Watertower. Spent about a half hour digging around before giving up. Might've gotten stuck in a pillow. Major suckage. Didn't get back to the car till 5. On the upside I got to give some smokin hot Argentinians a ride to Frisco.

I may come to Breck tomorrow to ski....you gonna be around Chad? I've got a party over here @ 4 so I'd have to leave at like 2 but if Katie decides not to ski, then I'll probably make the drive.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anyone else headed to the Banff Mountain Film Fest in Breck tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I may come to Breck tomorrow to ski....you gonna be around Chad? I've got a party over here @ 4 so I'd have to leave at like 2 but if Katie decides not to ski, then I'll probably make the drive.
    Yep, I'll be skiing inbounds with the wifey at Breck tomorrow. Give me a shout.

Holy friggin' wind today. Skinned up Mayflower Gulch to ski some mellow terrain and couldn't believe how windy it was just above treeeline. Easily 60 mph sustained wind along a low elevation ridge just above treeline. Absolutely brutal weather, but the snow was pretty good even if it was a little wind-affected.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    CMsummit, we need to take some breck laps sometime! We're both there almost every day anyway hahah
    Most definitely. Shoot me a PM sometime and I'll do the same.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 02-25-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Old's Cool.

Katie decided to ski Chad so I'm out. I swear I'm coming over to your neck of hte woods soon.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Ev

The crew is out for tomorrow. Need a partner, anyone up for a run or two?

Quote Originally Posted by ALP snow View Post
    The crew is out for tomorrow. Need a partner, anyone up for a run or two?
    Blurred, Mogadishu, Gosey, and I are hitting the park at Keystone tomorrow. Look us up, yo! Chauncey Billups in the hizzouse.

Watching skijoring with a bloody mary at 45 degrees in the bright sun with the wind wisping the snow off the ridges and avoiding skiing Vail on a weekend with 20,000 of my best friends did not suck.

No major instabilities observed.

I'm reporting that Vail skied excellent today. Some new snow. Hucked cliffs all day. Super soft landings everywhere. More snow coming tonight.
    The furthur we go, the stranger it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by mrwaffles989 View Post
    I'm reporting that Vail skied excellent today. Some new snow. Hucked cliffs all day. Super soft landings everywhere. More snow coming tonight.
    Did they have more than the 6" reported? We saw that and took off for Monarch...which was quite delicious and almost completely empty.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Variable. At least 6", but I wanna say some leeward slopes had 10 inches or so. The snow was FKNA deep under the rocks near the bottom of orient express. Vail was definitely not empty though...

I heard another 8"-16" tonight. Let's hope so.

Variable. At least 6", but I wanna say some leeward slopes had 10 inches or so. The snow was FKNA deep under the rocks near the bottom of orient express. Vail was definitely not empty though...

a tad high I think and tomorrow not tonight
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Dude, you should totally hook up Lindahl. He has 3 years in the sidecountry, and 2 years in the backcountry, and like knows all the big words.
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    a tad high I think and tomorrow not tonight
    Eh bummer. I have to work for the next 5 days anyways.

Do any of you beaver creek mags ever skin the resort? I work at Arrowhead and skin up in the mornings a couple of times a week. Let me know if anyone would like to join.

I skin Arrowhead once a week but at night after work...the day varies. What made you make the move from Laramie to Eagle Cty??
    ROLL TIDE ROLL