Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Breck is skiing quite well right now, particularly the high alpine.
    Old's Cool.

I'd say Breck. Head to Peak 7/Lake Chutes. heh... cmsummit beat me to it. I'd be there and show ya around, but I've gotta go digging for a pole I lost Wed over at Berthoud.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    That's pretty funny. We used to build kickers in those gullys back in the day. We would kick off a few mini avys in there to soften our landings.
    This is from last year in that area riding some heavy pow when the resorts hadn't had snow in a while:

Silverthorne Hill, Colorado by andylibrande, on Flickr

Excellent. That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info.
    If anyone is up there tmrw, I'll be noodling around in a very green jacket, orange/white pom pom hat and white goggles.

got up for the first time in ~ 2 months (f'ed up my knee).

monday, vail was nice.

tuesday at breckenridge was even better.

perhaps you heard my new war cry echoing from the top of upper 7 as i ripped knee deep turns down the face ...

"BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!"
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I will be up tomorrow early. Orange jacket, brown pants, skiing on big Czar's and having fun. Hit me up.

hit vail today, everything except the frontside was crusty nasty but found some deep stashes. I'd have to +1 on breck skiing awesome as well, lots of gnar lines ready to go in lake chutes, lots o' fun.

biggest number of the year for Vail and a surprise at that (we got 11 one other time).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

11 inches at vail if you know where to look that is.

Vail was very fun today. Definitely found all 11 inches most of the day.

Would love to catch a ride from Morrison to Vail tomorrow if they get a refresher, could be convinced to go elsewhere pretty easy. Or I could drive, piloting a major gas guzzler for the moment, but capable 4wd room for 3 others.

Gonna be out at Vail tomorrow with the crew, huckin some big shit. Stoked for the deepness!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Gonna be out at Vail tomorrow with the crew, huckin some big shit. Stoked for the deepness!
    Hope you like about 15" less than what they reported...

EV and some other zones should have some loading, though. Deeper, but be careful.
    You should have been here yesterday!

be careful B, windslabs all over the place. You couldn't pay me to touch EV for awhile while everything settles down. I know you do, but make wise choices.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Yeah, I haven't really been on anything risky in EV all season (even staying away from many of the usual steep Mush shots), and definitely won't be still. Based on reports from yesterday back there, there's gonna be more than a few faceshots, heard it was DEEP deep.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Snowing pretty hard on the mountain when I left around 1. Could be another solid day again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Hope you like about 15" less than what they reported...

EV and some other zones should have some loading, though. Deeper, but be careful.
    Yeah, I saw 12" of new on Open Snow and my Epic Mix phone app, and then the snow.com showed 2".................WTF.

How much snow did Vail get last night?

Anyone?

^^^ 4-6 was my guess after skiing this morning. Super hard to tell due to the wind.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by gASSyrOBOt View Post
    Yeah, I saw 12" of new on Open Snow and my Epic Mix phone app, and then the snow.com showed 2".................WTF.

How much snow did Vail get last night?

Anyone?

Vail posted this on their facebook page this morning..they reported 12" on the morning report..

Vail Skiers and Riders: In order to accurately reflect the current snow conditions at 10am, Vail is updating the 5am snow report reading to 2 inches after the latest feedback from patrol and mountain ops. The winds have created varied snow conditions over the large expanse of Vail, there are runs with 12+ inches, there are runs with 0-1 inch. If you’re looking for deeper powder, stick to Eastern facing runs and bowls – stay away from exposed ridges where wind blows new snow away. Thanks, and if you see a patroller out there today, thank them for doing the control work to get everything open!

I skied The Beav for a couple of hours before work and was super windy, chairs stopping, etc. Nice turns in windloaded areas, but totally scoured in others, saw a couple of trees down as well as branches and pine needles everywhere.

Vail Skiers and Riders: In order to accurately reflect the current snow conditions at 10am, Vail is updating the 5am snow report reading to 2 inches after the latest feedback from patrol and mountain ops.

Seems a bit disingenuous of VR to me ..If VR was REALLY so concerned about the most accurate reflection of snowfall, why don’t they post accumulation totals from time the lifts stopped turning to the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    ^^^ 4-6 was my guess after skiing this morning. Super hard to tell due to the wind.

thanks..............and 8 character limit reached.

Quote Originally Posted by mrburns View Post
    Vail posted this on their facebook page this morning..they reported 12" on the morning report..

Vail Skiers and Riders: In order to accurately reflect the current snow conditions at 10am, Vail is updating the 5am snow report reading to 2 inches after the latest feedback from patrol and mountain ops. The winds have created varied snow conditions over the large expanse of Vail, there are runs with 12+ inches, there are runs with 0-1 inch. If you’re looking for deeper powder, stick to Eastern facing runs and bowls – stay away from exposed ridges where wind blows new snow away. Thanks, and if you see a patroller out there today, thank them for doing the control work to get everything open!

I skied The Beav for a couple of hours before work and was super windy, chairs stopping, etc. Nice turns in windloaded areas, but totally scoured in others, saw a couple of trees down as well as branches and pine needles everywhere.

Did you ride Grouse at all?
    Beta on Falcon P, Screech, Bald, Osprey??

Matt Jones, of Eagle, said he skied Thursday morning and the Vail Mountain Facebook post was accurate — “some wind-loaded aspects were at least 12 (inches of fresh snow) while other areas were void of snow. The wind blew 50-plus miles per hour last night and really did a number. Snow is dense, but surfy and was super fun.”
    When did you move?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Me too. maybe we'll catch you tomorrow Lindahl

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    When did you move?
    I didn't.....it keeps me undercover yo.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL