Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Breck skied well today. Definitely a good 8" in most areas up high. Just the refresher we needed.
    One of my top 5 days at Breck ever. Rode basically untouched snow in the trees all by my self all day.

Honestly curious, do you not ski Breckenridge very often or was that 8" more like 18"?

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    settle in for another long 10-15 day stretch of dry, warm, and mostly sunny weather for Eagle County.
    I guess ullr didn't get the memo. Vail skied really nice today. That 5:30 AM 4" reported, turned out to be quite a bit more by the end of the session. Nice and cold, light fluffy goodness. Lift lines were manageable today too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I guess ullr didn't get the memo. Vail skied really nice today. That 5:30 AM 4" reported, turned out to be quite a bit more by the end of the session. Nice and cold, light fluffy goodness. Lift lines were manageable today too.
    And tomorrow a.m. it will as well! Nice squall pretty late in the back. Should be filled in nicely by wind and that drop. Saw a few boys today absolutely plummeting down Ghengis about 2 pm. Could be my last day for a while, say hi, got a little change left. Black helm gold arctery black pants yellow DPS 'nana's, will be lapping IM soft trees off 22, legs completely cooked, 12 days in a row, 29,000 today....wah

yeah some good blower pow today, saw a guy in my neighborhood this morning using a leaf blower to clear his deck.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    yeah some good blower pow today, saw a guy in my neighborhood this morning using a leaf blower to clear his deck.
    Funny. I don't remember Breck that fluffy, usually pretty wind blasted. Super nice yesterday and going all day. Some spots up to my knees.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

very nice that it's been more moist that it looked like it would be....looks ok thru the weekend and next week too...fingers crossed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I can attest to the Breck conditions. I was shin to knee deep all morning up in imperial bowl. Trees on 7 and 8 were also great. What a blast with zero lift lines as well. I don't think I waited for more than 2 or 3 chairs all day!

Any of you mags part of the huckfest that went down in Lulu's today at Breck? Freaking awesome to see the stoke and energy back - flips, spins, hucks, spills, and free refills all day in Horseshoe. Hell yeah!
    An Evolutionary Rider

www.PeaksforPeace.com

Quote Originally Posted by KansasBoarder View Post
    Any of you mags part of the huckfest that went down in Lulu's today at Breck? Freaking awesome to see the stoke and energy back - flips, spins, hucks, spills, and free refills all day in Horseshoe. Hell yeah!
    I wish. Sounds like a shit ton of fun. The hucking was good even before all the snow. I bet that big'n is now good to go.

Tough call, but headed to Vail today. Haven't been out there in a while and need to get back in touch with how things are shaping up back east. Ask for change if you see us out there.

for the inbound crowd @ Vail be aware that this weekend is the Teva games and there will be a shit ton of people out and at times parts of the mtn could be closed from time to time for certain races.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

All time epic coupla days in EV. In bounds skied really well yesterday, but was refrozen mashed today, except on tame slopes (less direct sun). Took the opportunity to huck my meat into funky snow in Raspys and Dragons. Bumped into a mag, Bulldozer. With the last two weekends, there should be some solid stoke coming outa Colorado by next week.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-13-2012 at 05:58 AM.

So nice to have some decent conditions around the vail area. Should be good tomorrow. See you guys out there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    All time epic coupla days in EV.
    You can't just leave it at that. Need some beta. I haven't been up there since it started snowing again. I was thinking of heading up there soon, if we don't get too much new snow to make things sketchier.

6 skied really well today, good coverage in NW region. saddle from 7 to 6 is still boney when leaving the gate but can be done easily with skis on (will trash your bases). i was impressed with the coverage based upon the recent snowfall. hope these next few storms produce solid totals.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    You can't just leave it at that. Need some beta. I haven't been up there since it started snowing again. I was thinking of heading up there soon, if we don't get too much new snow to make things sketchier.
    Yeah, same here. First days out there in a long time.

Up high, theres a top slab from the new snow that can slide, likely on a sun crust.

Heard Tele is crusty under the new snow, didnt notice that on what we hit, but we did notice that anything steep getting sun has a weak crust on top and dense snow under - gotta be patient with your turns. Stability can be really solid there (like stomping 25' next to triggers). I even backslapped on a firm slab from 20' in one area, only had the 14" of fresh as cushion, thats how hard that shit can be (totally took me by surprise). Felt like I had hucked to hardpack. For the captain safetys, yes, facets are still lurking, so be smart with your exposure to slide terrain, blah blah blah.

Trees are money, you wont touch the sugar. Gullies are filled in enough, but the exits are getting douched to boniness quickly. The deadfall deathpits are rapidly disappearing. You can dig into the sugar with a hard turn at the very bottom, but theres a lot of moisture that has leaked down and frozen it up quite a bit.

Overall, its hard to find skiable evidence of our shitty start out there. A couple laps yesterday were just as amazing as some of the best days last year. Gonna be working on some video stoke this week. Plenty of faceshots and shit eating grins were had. No photogs amongst us, otherwise there'd be a shot or 4 up already.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-13-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Felt like I had hucked to hardpack.
    Yeah, that is how I blew my knee up last weekend. Shit is stiff in spots.

Bump for a rad weekday shred.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	423518_10150601412586306_8310961305_9093297_1695509296_n.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	110135

Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post
    Honestly curious, do you not ski Breckenridge very often or was that 8" more like 18"?
    Where I was riding was more like 18''. Plus no one else was riding there. Plus I haven't hadn't had a real powder day all. fucking. season. (after 70 fucking days!!!!!) So I'm in withdrawl. I put 4 tracks in with out crossing anyone elses. At Breck, that is a god damn good day.

A little framegrab teaser.

I got out to EV today. Hit some good 15' to 20' hucks to deep, stompable snow. There were TONS of crowns on marvins. Most of below the 2nd cliff band slid pretty close to ground and lots of avalanches went naturally or we triggered remotely all over it. Still dangerous in the open.

Also, 11 and 17 were still pretty soft still today. It's great to be skiing pow again.

I found this to be funny, and I'm glad it seems to have turned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CAIC
    Area Description: Hillside below Mesa Cortina sub divion Silverthorne. Appears that a fox triggered the slide. No signs of fox being buried
    Picture in the report.
    http://avalanche.state.co.us/obs/obs...p?obs_id=12201

That is odd.

On Vail pass I saw fox or coyote tracks that intercepted a rabbit, then some scuffle and blood stains on the snow and the rabbit got dragged away...

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I found this to be funny, and I'm glad it seems to have turned out ok.

Picture in the report.
    http://avalanche.state.co.us/obs/obs...p?obs_id=12201
    That's pretty funny. We used to build kickers in those gullys back in the day. We would kick off a few mini avys in there to soften our landings.

Got the day off tomorrow, one of my few and far between opportunities for non-weekend clusterfuck resort skiing. Whats skiing well right now? Basin, Breck, Vail? Where are the cool kids going? I may be game for tagging along, although I do dig on some valuable Joe-time on the skis.