Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    The 2nd video responses are all too typical:

"This is my husband, It happen so fast. I greatful to Zach for his fast reaction in getting him out. That should have never slide. Makes you think! UNREAL!!!"

"Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't have expected it in the terrain!"

"Good to see he made it out so quickly. Amazing how quickly it happened in an area that one woulnt have been concerned about."

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    How do you like the powder guide vest PowTron?
    SUPER stoked on this thing...it carries weight perfectly, adds some warmth (in place of a vest of fleece underneath), and carries boards and skis really close to the body.

I think it is my new favorite piece of gear.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Some footage from Sunday's international snowblade day at Beaver Creek with cameos from montanaskier + mrs., daheel, yossarian/chris knight, angel might be in there somewhere.

nice edit NPG....crazy fun day.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Did anyone hit Rose Bowl trees at all? (wondering about coverage/conditions in there)

Sorta looks like you went in there, but it looks too flat for that area(?) and could be a couple other places.

Still pretty thin in there, and I noticed a bunch of cracking there on Monday, so you'd probably love it.

J

I took the xgf into Rose Bowl trees briefly on Sunday. (relatively) deep new snow but still not enough to cover dead fall and rocks. Also, xgf a) sucks at skiing in trees, b) sucks at skiing in powder and c) skis really fucking slow on powder days.
    A+B+C = lots of chairlift arguments and a solid reminder why a) ain't datin' that bitch anymore and b) NO GIRLFRIENDS/WIVES/FRIENDS THAT SKI SLOWLY ON A POWDER DAY!!!

That snowmachine video was pretty wild. man your snowpack sucks.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    That snowmachine video was pretty wild. man your snowpack sucks.
    I bet the roof on your house in cordova is more stable than what we have going. It also probably has 3 times the snowpack.

Unrelated...Anyone want to trade comp tickets to Crested Butte for comps at A-basin?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    I took the xgf into Rose Bowl trees briefly on Sunday. (relatively) deep new snow but still not enough to cover dead fall and rocks. Also, xgf a) sucks at skiing in trees, b) sucks at skiing in powder and c) skis really fucking slow on powder days.
    A+B+C = lots of chairlift arguments and a solid reminder why a) ain't datin' that bitch anymore and
    Post of the day, Jaunary 25, 2012 amen.

And those are some steep fucking trees.

No doubt the xgf is pissed she can't hang. Super funny. Makes me appreciate that when getting off the bus at the beav on sunday the gf went one way and I the other. She's a smart one. Just bragging a little

I wish my buddy would get the xgf vibe. He's wasted 3 or 4 consecutive seasons trying to teach a gf how to snowboard while the rest of us are chasing powder. 3 girls now and he still doesn't get it. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I bet the roof on your house in cordova is more stable than what we have going. It also probably has 3 times the snowpack.

Unrelated...Anyone want to trade comp tickets to Crested Butte for comps at A-basin?
    I'd be up for trading a couple. Shoot me a PM.

Anyone skiing copper this weekend? I should be there both days.

Was thinking about bringing the touring setup to go up to Mayflower? But with the snowpack wouldn't do it unless I had a partner then would still be hesitant. Not sure how sketchy those north facing trees would be, don't know the area to well.

I will be moving to Summit from Fraser and will be looking for partners in the near future.
    Ian

[NPG]Edit[/NPG]

Woo hoo! 1:15 - 1:19, my four seconds of fame. CLAIM

Heh, good to see you man.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

1:31-2:00 my 29 seconds, BOOW! You're welcome.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by Grandyoso View Post
    Anyone skiing copper this weekend? I should be there both days.

Was thinking about bringing the touring setup to go up to Mayflower? But with the snowpack wouldn't do it unless I had a partner then would still be hesitant. Not sure how sketchy those north facing trees would be, don't know the area to well.

I will be moving to Summit from Fraser and will be looking for partners in the near future.
    Ian

last time i was up there, which was before the last week and a half of snow, there was, you guessed it, botomless facets in those trees. Don't know if you'd even be able to move in there given the current snowpack. The terrain in those trees is, for the most part, very mellow. If you go, watch out for logs!
    Live To Ski!

Mayflower Gulch

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    last time i was up there, which was before the last week and a half of snow, there was, you guessed it, botomless facets in those trees. Don't know if you'd even be able to move in there given the current snowpack. The terrain in those trees is, for the most part, very mellow. If you go, watch out for logs!
    x2 on Mayflower..was up there last week...garbage snow. I got 2 decent turns off the saddle..then submarined.

Also, due to the limited snow pack there is more multi-use traffic. I love dogs - I have a dog, but it was a circus last week: dogs off leash / no voice command, dog shit on the trail and bagged dog shit on the trail (my favorite).
    “I mean god damn, who could believe that shit.” Greg Noll, Riding Giants

They reopened steep and deep in blue sky today. I was too busy partying for Australia at Belle's camp to get more than one lap in, though. You could traverse over and hit the lower part of iron mask. It was decent heavy snow on top but you could punch through to the facets layer and bog down.

CAIC staff recently triggered one just near there. Here is their report with video:

http://avalanche.state.co.us/obs/obs...p?obs_id=11329

VAIL Powder Buddy 1/27 - 1/28

Hey all,

Due to crazy circumstances I somehow ended up skiing alone on this ski trip. My original crew of three fell off one by one. First friend had an appendix removed, second friend broke her ankle on her 2nd run of the day. Anyone down for a ski buddy/stoke?

You can text me at 301-300-4124 Im staying at the Holiday Inn off 70.

That is what I figured. Thanks for all the info, I heard rumor of the slide but couldn't find it. I guess I might have been to early.

So Copper anyone? Dam or Backcountry Brewery?

Quote Originally Posted by insertyourname00 View Post
    You can text me at 301-300-4124 Im staying at the Holiday Inn off 70.
    This is the best Rontele post of the year.

Hope you get laid!!!! Finally.

I know with all the stress and all, you know, selling the house, the vortex.

No fucking way???!!! Or, well, maybe I'm wrong?

You could have called me buddy, but I think the kink is mo betta at the Holiday Inn of 70.

Tomorrow is going to be a powder day though. Think I'll be checking out some Old Men myself.

That is what I figured. Thanks for all the info, I heard rumor of the slide but couldn't find it. I guess I might have been to early.

So Copper anyone? Dam or Backcountry Brewery?
    go up the ridge that forms the N boundary of mayflower gulch, drop off the back, and it looks like that avalanche is on the n facing.
    Live To Ski!

Thin and less facets are better than more facets and avalanche prone? Left my shit at home...