Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    He saw the 4s and said fuck it.

RIP to a modern day icon

Crazy, genius business man. Basically never quit until the day he died. Something to learn from that.

RIP

R.I.P. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” -Steve Jobs
    " have another hit of sweet california sunshine"

Meh. ++VIbes++ to his family and friends for sure, but really, the guy made devices (and a fortune). Devices that performed the same function as a lot of other devices. A true entrepreneur and I guess an innovator, I can get on board with that, but there are a lot of people that fit those categories.

I don't really think this affects my life one bit and I work in IT. You guys are killing me with your lame ass "star burning bright" sappy ass halmark shit- really how fucking lame can you get? Give it a fucking break, you didn't know the guy.

If you did, ++Vibes++.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Crazy, genius business man. Basically never quit until the day he died. Something to learn from that.
    What, exactly?

edit: Some drunk guy on a boating forum wondering if Steve Jobs had designed boats, what kind of boats would he have designed?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Meh. ++VIbes++ to his family and friends for sure, but really, the guy made devices (and a fortune). Devices that performed the same function as a lot of other devices. A true entrepreneur and I guess an innovator, I can get on board with that, but there are a lot of people that fit those categories.

I don't really think this affects my life one bit and I work in IT. You guys are killing me with your lame ass "star burning bright" sappy ass halmark shit- really how fucking lame can you get? Give it a fucking break, you didn't know the guy.

If you did, ++Vibes++.
    Pixar was his best work. One of the few consistantly A-game forces in hollywood.

No matter what you think of the man, I appreciate this:
    "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."
    -Rest in Peace....Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    No matter what you think of the man, I appreciate this:
    "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."
    -Rest in Peace....Steve Jobs
    Yep. And this:

"Remembering you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked; there is no reason not to follow your heart."

Hm, I never saw the press release for the iDied.

I admire his accomplishments and dedication to innovation but cant say I knew the guy.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Marketing genius? Yes. Technical genius? Apparently. Visionary businessman? Again yes. RIP and my condolences to his family and friends. Someone help me since I have never been a big Apple fanatic (yes I have an Ipod, too), but was there some level of amazing benevolence or did he truly make humanity better? I don't see it. It's cool that he used his platform for inspirational quotes, but the man never did, and never will inspire me. Just not how I am wired, so I don't get the internet wide tributes like we lost one of the truly amazing humans. I would say the same thing regarding Bill Gates. I know that these types have a lot of philanthropic ventures, and not all of them are well publicized, but helping a business take over the industry does not, a great human, make.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    heh, BOOOOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    All y'alls ought to thank XEROX while you're at it.
    Yep, Jobs openly admitted that his visits to Xerox's Palo Alto research facility were the inspiration for a lot of what he put into the Mac - things we take for granted today like the GUI and mouse were ideas picked up at Xerox. Jobs loved to recite the Picasso quote about how all artists borrow, the great artists steal, or something like that.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Pete View Post
    Yep, Jobs openly admitted that his visits to Xerox's Palo Alto research facility were the inspiration for a lot of what he put into the Mac - things we take for granted today like the GUI and mouse were ideas picked up at Xerox. Jobs loved to recite the Picasso quote about how all artists borrow, the great artists steal, or something like that.
    He also said that they were using an ethernet LAN with messaging between machines, but he was so impressed with the potential of the GUI that he didn't fully appreciate the rest of what they were doing.

Gotta admit I laughed a little at that, though it would've been funnier if you had done one of those de-motivational posters

man that pancreatic cancer must be a bitch. can't throw money at it and make it go away.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I admire his accomplishments and dedication to innovation but cant say I knew the guy.
    Noone really did. People are not going to miss the person Steve Jobs. They are going to miss the force behind Apple who has brought it to where it is.

And hes been sick with this for years (2004?) it just got worse recently

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

wow its weird reading about jobs' death, people are comparing him to einstein and edison.. he's practically a saint now. this is the guy that's never publicly pledged or donated a penny of his fortune, cancelled apple's philanthropy program, and created stylish high end computer devices assembled in chinese sweat shops..

amazing businessman, but let's not get carried away.. terrible disease though, hopefully a chunk of that 8 billion will go towards pancreatic cancer research, it's woefully underfunded. it causes more deaths than prostate cancer and almost as many as breast cancer.. but receives a fraction of the funding either of them receives.

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    wow its weird reading about jobs' death, people are comparing him to einstein and edison.. he's practically a saint now. this is the guy that's never publicly pledged or donated a penny of his fortune, cancelled apple's philanthropy program, and created stylish high end computer devices assembled in chinese sweat shops..

amazing businessman, but let's not get carried away.. terrible disease though, hopefully a chunk of that 8 billion will go towards pancreatic cancer research, it's woefully underfunded. it causes more deaths than prostate cancer and almost as many as breast cancer.. but receives a fraction of the funding either of them receives.
    Oh, there won't be any getting around this one. If our society can lionize guys like Richard Nixon and George Steinbrenner when they die, this is going to be off the charts. Most of this seems like a fan boy wank to me though... Guy was obviously super successful and brilliant in some ways, but does re-inventing the MP3 player really qualify one for sainthood these days? For all Jobs' success, he never did anything to help people besides think of expensive toys for them to buy. In contrast, Bill Gates donates billions of dollars of his own money to fund education, medical services and research, all sorts of other shit that is of no benefit to himself and the 'popular' opinion is that people hate the guy. So, while I get that these folks in their mock turtlenecks and jeans really really really love their iStuff, that doesn't make someone a great human being. I expect the most lasting after effect of Jobs' time on earth will be a generation of people with unusual rates of hearing loss and arthritic thumbs.

^^^Nailed it^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Great businessman and marketer, heard stories that he was a dick of a person. That said, didn't want to see him die of cancer. RIP.

That's because it was written in Flash.
    [quote][//quote]

Right-click and choose 'open'.