Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In Abbotsford, BC next week for 10 days...

I'll be in Abbotsford, BC for 2 weeks, starting on Oct 22 to Nov 2. Any places to stay for 10 days that will not break the bank? Anything to see? (looks kinda industrial)

doing this
    http://www.ufv.ca/Continuing_Studies...e-building.htm

Bring the bike and ride Sumas. Or cross the bridge into Mission and ride Bear. Both great though you'll have to be aware as there is high theft rates in the area.

I think Derek from Freewheel is going to that too. Call up to Jasper and see what he has lined up.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    I think Derek from Freewheel is going to that too. Call up to Jasper and see what he has lined up.
    he is staying with family, so I might bring the truck and camper, and shower at the main campus. might try to line up a cheap(er) B&B

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    he is staying with family, so I might bring the truck and camper, and shower at the main campus. might try to line up a cheap(er) B&B

If you leave your truck at a trail head around there some where if riding trails basically get it prepped for a break in....leave nothing showing and not much point locking the doors, hopefully preventing smashed window(s). Alot of trailhead break in problems out there.

Abbotsford is God's country so there lots of opportunity to take in a sermon or two. You can take in the Lower Mainland Dog Fanciers Show Oct 25 - 28 at the Tradex (Abbotsford Airport).
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

that course sounds like fun. bucket list material for sure! I'd be making a Chromag 29er clone

wow church and dog shows.... maybe a trip up to whistler for the weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    wow church and dog shows.... maybe a trip up to whistler for the weekend....
    Tons of good riding all around the area.

Let me know if you would like to do a trail ride on the Shore.

Do a TR on the course, I'd love to hear how it goes. If I had the extra cash I'd do the course in a heart beat.

Check out the pig farms.

I hear they feed them a special diet that makes them taste extra delicious.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

If you fish - rivers are fun right now. Unfortunately you are still looking at driving to chilliwack or hope, but the skagit is great and the vedder is a meat house.
    I hear they recently did trail work at the hope mountain hiking trail, which would be an excellent and reasonable outing.

Shirk: I'll be bringing a moots YBB 29er SS, not really a shore bike, but if you can find stuff that I won't die on, I'd love to take a look

Schemeboat: not a angler at all.

CA: Ya, Porkfest, with a side of dead hooker...
    Anyone have any accommodation deals in the area?

I grew up there. Not to put A-town down but its only a 45 minute drive to Mt Baker Paradise out there.

Not a ton happening out there. On the off chance you're in to birds, this place is worth a look (http://www.reifelbirdsanctuary.com/).

Yes I can find some nice trail that won't kill you on the 29'er. It's not all huck gnar round these parts.

Woodlot in Maple Ridge is another really fun shore style riding area. Probably wet as tits in there right now. Vedder in Chilliwack has more good biking trails. Sumas has some good cross country trails. Some good hiking out past Mission and like someone else said Baker is always a short drive away, could maybe even get some good rock skiing in up there around this time but that is hit or miss.

Is the water park in Chiliwack still open?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

A single speed 29er. Got any bib shorts with that. God help you. Be gentle shirk

++++Vibes.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    ++++Vibes.
    thanks. only 12 days..

As mentioned earlier, drive up to Baker if you haven't been there before particularly if you have some nice weather. Incredibly beautiful. Maybe do a bike shuttle downhill from the top to the maintenance yard. Keeners ride up (gasp) and down.
    Enjoy the course - I have heard good things about it. BTW I worked at UFV for 28+ years on the Chilliwack campus and lived in Abby for many of those years. Canmore it ain't but the surroundings are amazing.

I've got a room in Whistler to camp out in if you make it up this way. No beds, but full bath and kitchen at your disposal. Trails are more xc 29'er friendly than the shore too.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Check out the pig farms.

I hear they feed them a special diet that makes them taste extra delicious.
    pretty sure that was in POCO, still got a laugh out of me.

This place is kind of fun. They have farm animals, and the goats are sometimes on the roof! http://www.ecodairy.ca/

Otherwise I've got nothing...