Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Baldy tomorrow...

Gonna try and get up to the top of 3 before everyone else, see ya in the SKINNER.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Yup, will be right up there with ya! It's gotta be seriously poohing up there!

Was planning to hit BP tomorrow, but after reading the update might as well go where a lift is (hopefully) spinning and get more than one run.

Awesome...finally! (I'll be on Skookums & old brown Sumos.)

You can easily do 2 runs on BP ...
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Bailed on mammoth last minute and something is telling me I should hit Baldy tomorrow to ease the pain

There will be some fun turns up there tomorrow for sure.

I can't believe some of the bushy shit you guys ski down there. Looked like the Face at June this February. Here's hoping you get some tasty pow turns this weekend before the sun turns everything to mush.
    "Just send it you pussy."

First handful of runs this morning were blower, bomber, and well, rocky. I paid my dues with a few core shots and actually had to dig a couple rock fragments out of my base with a knife. Worth it! Tracked out and wet and heavy by 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoeskillme View Post
    First handful of runs this morning were blower, bomber, and well, rocky. Tracked out and wet and heavy by 1pm.
    ^This^

Last edited by PowerWhore7; 04-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Thanks for the update, Boys... will Baldy be up and running tomorrow afternoon??? Thinking about hitting it up for a early afternoon session and close the place, once again.

Please let me know if Thunder will still be skiable!
    Last edited by asandygal; 04-14-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: extra words
    The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by asandygal View Post
    Thanks for the update, Boys... will Baldy be up and running tomorrow afternoon??? Thinking about hitting it up for a early afternoon session and close the place, once again.

Please let me know if Thunder will still be skiable!
    I plan on going up tomorrow too.

How were the roads?
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Baldy ski area sure was fun today Gotta love late season storms. Second run on chair one looked like this:

No crowds and by mid afternoon, good turns good still be found:
    Last edited by 406; 04-21-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Lift 3 didn't open until about 10:30 (glad I didn't get up early), but the first hour or two of great pow under windless blue skies couldn't be beat. Roads were completely clear, hardly any snowplayers (there will be tomorrow), and even getting there at 9:45 was good enough to park at the top of lot 2. Place seemed empty, but considering how quickly it tracked out the powder hound contingent must have been in full force.

The ridge to South Bowl is super boney but the bowl is good, the traverse is surprisingly well covered, the Tube is super thin (don't be tempted unless on rock sticks), and all the usual north-facing trees are close to tracked out already. Brave souls were working chair 1, lots of untracked still there but expect to hike thin areas. Typical Baldy cold fog rolled back in around 1 and put a crust on everything that was in the sun, still nice pow in the shade though. A real strong tele guy on Kuros headed for Telegraph just before the fog hit, later he said he couldn't see anything but knew the chute well enough to pull it off. Said the snow was moving, don't know if he meant sloughs or something bigger (heavy accent).

Tomorrow will be doable, but that'll probably be it for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Lift 3 didn't open until about 10:30 (glad I didn't get up early), but the first hour or two of great pow under windless blue skies couldn't be beat. Roads were completely clear, hardly any snowplayers (there will be tomorrow), and even getting there at 9:45 was good enough to park at the top of lot 2. Place seemed empty, but considering how quickly it tracked out the powder hound contingent must have been in full force.

The ridge to South Bowl is super boney but the bowl is good, the traverse is surprisingly well covered, the Tube is super thin (don't be tempted unless on rock sticks), and all the usual north-facing trees are close to tracked out already. Brave souls were working chair 1, lots of untracked still there but expect to hike thin areas. Typical Baldy cold fog rolled back in around 1 and put a crust on everything that was in the sun, still nice pow in the shade though. A real strong tele guy on Kuros headed for Telegraph just before the fog hit, later he said he couldn't see anything but knew the chute well enough to pull it off. Said the snow was moving, don't know if he meant sloughs or something bigger (heavy accent).

Tomorrow will be doable, but that'll probably be it for the season.
    Thanks for the report.

So the roads weren't icy?
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Way to get after it at Baldy
    Love that hill, lots of shale rock though which is tough. Glad to hear the bowl was good. Will be up there next season for sure

Got a core shot at Mammoth on Friday after 2 feet so it happens anywhere...
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Thanks for the report.

So the roads weren't icy?
    Not at all, just wet, slushy at the top. 2wd would be fine. The pavement was probably still warm from the last few weeks.

Was Mt Waterman secretly running yesterday? Someone posted on another forum that people (outside of Waterman owners' friends & family) were pretty mad that it was a "private" opening.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 04-15-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Baden Pow 04-15

Baden was pretty damn good today: bluebird, pow and nearly windless. Powder in So Cal in mid-April--go figure.

Some pics:

406 enjoys it

I like this photo

A little more

good series of 406

Wildlife was abundant