Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Rode DH off Glendora Mtn Rd today (79 degrees), barely a spec of snow to be seen across the valley on Baldy. Thunder and Telegraph looked completely bare, but maybe it was just the angle. Insane to be sweating like a pig riding at 3,000 feet in JANUARY.

Dang it is baad in California. Baldy still has not really opened Thunder, Mammoth is skiing poorly. I feel guilty for complaining about skiing packed powder for a 3rd straight at 100% open Schweitzer.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    thanks for the photos PowerWhore7, looks like a good crowd in the tube area, hopefully Baldy is making money of that.
    Dude, Baldy was killing it that day! The parking lot looked like a weekend powder day, standing room only, but the fucktards were out in force for sure. I saw one family sledding on their SHOWER CURTAIN that they obviously pulled off the rings as they were leaving LA for the mountain, too funny.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

There's snow in CA, if you know where to look. 12/28. SoCal.

There is some poaching going on at Baldy.Thunder looked skiable on that one shaded north facing run.

It was fun to get up there and hike around last Friday.

Skied Mt. High yesterday. More fun than I thought it would be, some park jumps and a couple of nice groomers. Some of the groomers were empty so you could open it up.....For two turns. I was pleasantly surprised.

A ticket is only 25$, if you have a pass from another California mountain. The deal is on through the end of January. My Mammoth pass is in Mammoth, so I brought in a receipt for my season pass, which they were fine with.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Yesterday morning woke up to this... A sign of things to come?

Living at the base of BP these days, Potatoes?

Close. That was somewhere near 3N06A, but went higher up last weekend:

I've been trying to get these snowdances to work...

Here's hopin for some fuckin RAIN this weekend! Things seem promising at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoeskillme View Post
    Close. That was somewhere near 3N06A, but went higher up last weekend:
    Dammit, that was my second guess, couldn't see enough of the desert in the background. Ever have trouble with scumbags breaking into your car while it's parked back there? Heard it's bad. Maybe it's better to get a ride over the ridge?

SNOW WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM WITH THESE INCOMING STORMS AS THE SNOW
    LEVEL WILL INITIALLY BE AROUND 9000 FEET...THEN LOWER TO 6000 FEET
    BY SATURDAY NIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE MINIMAL IN THE
    MOUNTAINS ABOVE 6000 FEET.
    ANOTHER QUICK MOVING COLD FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE REGION SUNDAY
    NIGHT...AND MOVE OUT BY MONDAY AFTERNOON. RAIN AMOUNTS SHOULD BE
    LESS THAN THE WEEKEND STORM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Ever have trouble with scumbags breaking into your car while it's parked back there? Heard it's bad. Maybe it's better to get a ride over the ridge?
    I've heard similar stories (maybe it was regarding Gorgonio?) But yeah, I parked at Manker and hiked over the notch.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I know It's all gonna be further north. I want to make a run up to mammoth tomorrow night, but I'm pretty sure I'll make it as far as Bishop. I feel like 395 will get shut down when the big one hits fri night.

It's almost Feb. Can we get some damn snow please?

If we ever get some snow here, I wouldn't mind taggin along on some Socal BC. 15 years of BC experience in Colorado, skied Jepson chute, and wahoo gullies out here. But don't know anyone who ever wants to go. Looks like I found the right site for that. Have my peep, shovel, probe etc.. Is there a socal BC trip thread, or is this it?

Wow, it's even more bare up there than I realized.

^^^^^^^Wanna hike around Saturday??? Scope the lines and dream of pow???Take the ladies and the dogs???
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by pdiddy691 View Post
    If we ever get some snow here, I wouldn't mind taggin along on some Socal BC. 15 years of BC experience in Colorado, skied Jepson chute, and wahoo gullies out here. But don't know anyone who ever wants to go. Looks like I found the right site for that. Have my peep, shovel, probe etc.. Is there a socal BC trip thread, or is this it?
    This is a good thread to watch.

Where in socal are you located. There are a few of us around, but it all depends on conditions, which there are none of at the moment. East side Sierra is favorite haunt from most socal mags.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I am in South OC Mission viejo, I am game.

Not to sound desperate, but did the wind during that last 4-6" storm deposit anything extra on the north side of the Notch? Guessing Sugarloaf at Bear probably has better coverage.

Oh this thread is so depressing
    And yes you do sound desperate
    If you find anything please post it up.I could use some local stoke right about now.

It dumped. Who's on it today? Question is, will there be any fresh left over for the weekend?

Post from Oli on the Mammoth forum:

"we packed down the base and built up the ramp to unload off chaor 3 at baldy today, we got water to the top of 3 and should be blowing snow tonight . im optimistic we will get toilet bowl, shortcut, and bonanza open on friday. i made some pow turns on skyline between checking the snowmaking equipment, it was surprisingly good for the first 100 yards, then it got real thin below that. robins still too bony.."

IN SIGHT????
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Unfortunately for now, Baldy's your hucklberry only if you want to go on weekends.