Bent Chetler Bases...

Mornin' all...

Search completed without any results...

From what I have been reading the 2011-2012 Bent Chetlers have a graphite base on them? Do these bases require anything special when it comes to waxing and tuning?

What the hell happens if you get a core shot to the base? I was under the impression that graphite splinters?

Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

They arnt 100% graphite if I remember correctly. They just have graphite impregnated in the base material. Also I believe you use graphite wax.

Are you serious?
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Are you serious?
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

Graphite is added in order to dissipate static electricity (supposedly). If it works at all, the effect is greatest at very high speeds in very dry conditions. The base is NOT made out of graphite, bur powdered graphite is added to the uhmwpe before sintering.

You do not have to take special care of the graphite base, but I've heard unconfirmed rumours that they are softer than non-graphite bases.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

That is what I was looking for...thank you Sist!

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Graphite is added in order to dissipate static electricity (supposedly). If it works at all, the effect is greatest at very high speeds in very dry conditions. The base is NOT made out of graphite, bur powdered graphite is added to the uhmwpe before sintering.

You do not have to take special care of the graphite base, but I've heard unconfirmed rumours that they are softer than non-graphite bases.

New things I just learned about graphite by checking Wikipedia:

1. Don't lean your Bent Chetler's on the side of the plane, or your Audi A8
    2. Rubbing your balls with the bases of your skis wil make them smoother and rounder.

1. The use of graphite is limited by its tendency to facilitate pitting corrosion in some stainless steel,[13][14] and to promote galvanic corrosion between dissimilar metals (due to its electrical conductivity). It is also corrosive to aluminium in the presence of moisture. For this reason, the US Air Force banned its use as a lubricant in aluminium aircraft,[15] and discouraged its use in aluminium-containing automatic weapons.[16] Even graphite pencil marks on aluminium parts may facilitate corrosion.[17]

2. Some time before 1565 (some sources say as early as 1500), an enormous deposit of graphite was discovered on the approach to Grey Knotts from the hamlet of Seathwaite in Borrowdale parish, Cumbria, England, which the locals found very useful for marking sheep.[19][20] More seriously, during Elizabeth 1st's reign (1533-1603), Borrowdale graphite was used as a refractory material to line molds for cannon balls, resulting in rounder, smoother balls that could be fired further, in particular from ships, contributing to the growing superiority of the British navy. This particular deposit of graphite was extremely pure and soft, and could easily be broken into sticks. Because of its military importance, this unique mine and its production were strictly controlled by the crown. It remains the only deposit of graphite found in this packed form.
    Last edited by Kim Jong-un; 10-03-2011 at 12:37 PM.