Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1501
    lift maintenance guy says: the 11 electric snomo's they bought are garbage, shut off randomly, break and cant be fixed. noone wants to use them.

the insanely expensive(more than 2x a reg one) snowcat they have takes 5 hrs for a charge to operate for 2 hrs, all it can do is drive around, cannot move snow or groom.

huh

Santa Fe got the goods. Was able to find fresh track all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Santa Fe got the goods. Was able to find fresh track all day long.

Oh, I miss living there

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Fun in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    The fresh didn’t really pan out yet this weekend. Hoping overnight/tomorrow morning will deliver. If you ski Santa Fe tomorrow (Sunday) and want to take fee laps together, send a message.
    We ended up only skiing SF on Monday. Would've loved to rail with ya had we been one day earlier....thanks for the invite regardless! Texas spring break being over plus it being a weekday was quite excellent. Even though snow came in low vs forecast, the snow was great in the trees still. After my fam were done for the day I did laps in Tequila, Sunrise/Sunset, Highline, Richard's, Big Rocks, Chiles, etc. I love your mountain.

Get this, we were at little 'ol Sandia on Sunday, tail end of their 20" cycle. It was a shitshow getting up there, but because of that hardly anyone made it and the snow was incredible. Like a private mountain. I learned to ski there wayyy back, and Sunday was my kiddos first time. I've never skied that place so deep. Ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    lift maintenance guy says: the 11 electric snomo's they bought are garbage, shut off randomly, break and cant be fixed. noone wants to use them.

the insanely expensive(more than 2x a reg one) snowcat they have takes 5 hrs for a charge to operate for 2 hrs, all it can do is drive around, cannot move snow or groom.

huh
    Man. TSV reallllly pumps up those EV cats on their social feeds. This is disappointing (but maybe not surprising) to hear. Just a shame that they were trying to do the right thing, spent a fortune doing so...and they're junk it sounds like.

I guess I never really put 2 & 2 together in my pea brain. It's all over the news how the cold affects standard electric cars. But a snowcat lives its entire life in the cold. Hmmmm...

Snowcat or Snowmobile? I'd be shocked if they had a cat with enough battery power yet.

We need the wealthy like tsv to be the early adopters of new tech. That's how we keep moving forward. The maintenance crew is gonna bitch no matter what. That always cracks me up when employees are concerned about costs. They're not going to get paid more if the boss buys cheaper shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Snowcat or Snowmobile? I'd be shocked if they had a cat with enough battery power yet.

We need the wealthy like tsv to be the early adopters of new tech. That's how we keep moving forward. The maintenance crew is gonna bitch no matter what. That always cracks me up when employees are concerned about costs. They're not going to get paid more if the boss buys cheaper shit.
    Often times the more expensive tool/equipment is much nicer to work with and gets the job done faster, and that’s what saves money in the long run and might put money back in a worker’s pocket. And I feel like most of them understand that. But Taos may have jumped the gun on the electric cats. Sometimes being too early of an adopter gets you burned. This sounds like one of those times.

Early adopters know or should know that it may not be ideal and there will be issues when compared to the proven tech, but they're willing to push forward for the sake of mankind. The guy who bought tsv seems to have that mindset and money is not an issue.

for the sake of mankind
    surely, you jest

Don't B fooled

Fun in the sun on the hill right now. 20-28 inches incoming. Mon Tue should be killer

Sleds....but a snowcat too. A big, fancy green-painted one.

https://www.powder.com/region-colora...ectric-snowcat

They literally bring in out w the marketing team, shoot some bs content, and drive it back to the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
    Sleds....but a snowcat too. A big, fancy green-painted one.

https://www.powder.com/region-colora...ectric-snowcat
    It isn't a big snowcat. They bought a small snowcat to maintain the kids park area of the hill. A job which seems to fit the bill for this unit. They didn't buy a large electric snowcat designed to move massive amounts of snow to groom the hill top to bottom, so it isn't really a surprise this unit can't do that.

I'd like to hear more about how it is doing at the task for which it was purchased?

I appreciate the second hand anecdote from the Taos worker though for sure, but jumping to conclusions from one persons point of view seems like confirmation bias.

If it is true the snowmobiles are glitching, that sucks. But why? This would be an early adopter failure, not a proof of concept failure. Seems like electric sleds at ski areas where range isn't important are a good fit and from all reports elsewhere electric sleds are a blast to operate

This winter there were numerous articles and news reports on Tesla's failing to charge in the cold during our one week cold snap, meanwhile we drove by about one big rig a mile on I 80 going to Colorado that were frozen up stranded on the side of the road. My turbo in the garbage VW I drive shit the bed till I pulled over and let the underhood temps warm up. You could conclude from the articles that electric cars suck in the cold, but my experience is that all vehicles are fucked by extreme cold to some degree. My diesel truck at work almost never fails to break down on me when it gets super cold. Piece of shit makes my gasser VW look like a Toyota but all the deleted diesel particulate spewing dick swingers are the first shit to over electrics in the cold ignoring their own fallibility.

So, I'll wait for more info, good, bad or otherwise. Progress is complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
    We ended up only skiing SF on Monday. Would've loved to rail with ya had we been one day earlier....thanks for the invite regardless! Texas spring break being over plus it being a weekday was quite excellent. Even though snow came in low vs forecast, the snow was great in the trees still. After my fam were done for the day I did laps in Tequila, Sunrise/Sunset, Highline, Richard's, Big Rocks, Chiles, etc. I love your mountain.

Get this, we were at little 'ol Sandia on Sunday, tail end of their 20" cycle. It was a shitshow getting up there, but because of that hardly anyone made it and the snow was incredible. Like a private mountain. I learned to ski there wayyy back, and Sunday was my kiddos first time. I've never skied that place so deep. Ruled.
    Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Progress is complicated.
    Hence, mouthbreathers cannot comprehend.

And yeah, diesel sucks in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Fun in the sun on the hill right now. 20-28 inches incoming. Mon Tue should be killer
    Oh damn! Will there be a Colorado invasion?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

We shall see. Lots of ppl giving up. Talk of winds. Midweek? We'll find out

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Oh damn! Will there be a Colorado invasion?
    Undoubtedly.

Reg day at most. It's not a mid season weekend.

Supposed plake, tomba, picaboo, mahare bros on the hill 28-30. Hoping for hella pro call outs

Well, a buddy and I are CO invaders! Great day yesterday - just lapped K all day, so fun. Worried bout winds today. Can’t stay till the Mon/tues storm so prob gonna bolt to wolf creek later today. But man, Taos is a special place!

Any thoughts on Tuesday or Wednesday? Both same rate.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Any thoughts on Tuesday or Wednesday? Both same rate.
    If it comes in big, later will probably be better, from a get-shit-open perspective.