Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I work from home now, but it's not that bad. I enjoy it more than construction, and I get to play with neat data most days. Other days are a suckhole of productivity. I recommend headphones with fast music on them. You HAVE to be productive to that music.
    +1 working from home. Nice window, wake up, no shower, just work. Can't forget about the fact that I can run across the street to the lifts over lunch

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Recently I had an on the job injury (acl), and I was off work on workers comp for about 5 weeks. Well, the party is over and they brought me back to work 'light duty', in other words, office stuff, m-f, 8 hours a day. Now, let me say that I'm stoked that I have a job at all and my income hasn't changed (except loss of OT, but that's another story) but this shit sucks. I sit in a cube staring at a computer all day, I can't even see a window from where I sit. I'm pretty sure I have severe ADD because I type one line and then go for a walk, type a line, and then play scrabble on my phone, type a line, surf the net, etc. The worst part is when you leave you know you have to come back everyday for 5 fucking days!!

The upside is no one is really watching me right now so I go work out, take long lunches, walk around often (it helps the knee), and chat on line. I am developing an alcohol problem because when I get home all I want to do is drink.

Oh, I did do something productive though! While entering invoices into the computer from medical supplies I noticed that sometimes the same things got charged different amounts. When I told the Medical Chief this he wanted me to go through every order line by line and cross reference it with the price list they gave us (fuckin ugh). I have found where they overcharged us almost $5k so far, Ogden taxpayers, you owe me!
    I feel your pain, man. I left the office life because my brain was starting to seep out of my head. There is a sense of pride when you complete all of your emails and shut down for the night. I really felt like I contributed!
    I really do want world peace...

Quote Originally Posted by EVC_CO View Post
    i love my red swingline stapler, it doesn't bind up and it's the crown jewel of my cubicle.

life is good.
    Red Swingline you call that living? Ace Model 502, 1960's vintage, imported from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckBunny View Post
    I feel your pain, man.
    Off topic... but I've never, EVER heard a chick use that phrase... IMHO this proves HuckBunny is a dude and that GregL and Hutash are flirting with cock in the other thread.Huckbunny= alias and this post proves it!
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    +1 working from home. Nice window, wake up, no shower, just work. Can't forget about the fact that I can run across the street to the lifts over lunch
    Now I just need the girl to get a job that involves the mountains, though the city ain't too bad either. Best part is finally I have good coffee every day. I do honestly miss my work caf though, that place was the balls. Had everything from burritos to cous cous and rotisserie turkey.

Thread cross referenced to Maggot LinkedIn group and disseminated to respective companies

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    To the OP: Remember this after you get back and start to think about putting in for promotions.
    I think I successfully sealed my fate when I started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I think I successfully sealed my fate when I started this thread.
    Excellent. Put in your twenty and get a job on patrol or move to Mexico or something.

I dunno, you always want what you can't have. I used to work in the field (construction) I went to school, I hated working in the office, went back to the field, fuck that, Back to the office and I'm fine with it. I don't ruin my clothes, I can eat lunch at a restaurant, I have a blast making fun of other coworkers conversations via email to other cubers. I can sneak the fuck out.

Oh man I would love to just in an excavator and load trucks with dirt all day......

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Oh man I would love to just in an excavator and load trucks with dirt all day......
    I have a buddy that owns an excavation company. He got to tear down a house with his backhoe the other day. I'd do that work for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

When I fixed HW some small talk with enduser towards the end they would often ask "do you like yer job, what do you like about it?"

My stock answer was " this is almost fixed so I'm leaving in 10 minutes ...you gotta stay here "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ya know, shutter, I've been doing what the op described for 25+ years. I've put down 18 hours on a timesheet before and eaten an hour or two do that. I've seen 90 hour weeks, 2600+ hour chargable years.

I can so remember finishing grad school and thinking, well, if i getup and go run 5 miles at lunch, so long as I get back on time, they can't fuck with me...and I did that up until about a year ago.
    "Can't you see..."