Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Thanks for answering my question! Checked out your blog also. Nice work!

If you are at SSCXWC look for the belt drive DeSalvo cyclocross bike. Only one in existence and it is mine
    yup, I will definitely be at SSCXWC. I'll be riding a white carbon disc braked Grammo Paru CX frame (building it up right now). Your DeSalvo should be easy to spot.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

huh. I just got a carbon bike and now I have a touch of buyer's remorse. Damn you!!!

But I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the build!

fresh outta the box

One Gear, Two Planks

purty....

fap fap fap

i love ti frames. i really wish i never sold my merlin xlm, that was a fantastic frame.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Hey man where's the finished build up of this one? All these teasers and no payoff?

And where the hell are our pics from Ketchum and Boise.

Wow that is beautiful. An IF bike has always been a dream of mine. someday maybe...
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Hey man where's the finished build up of this one? All these teasers and no payoff?
    haha...sorry...I was traveling for work the past 2 weeks and literally just got it built up yesterday. Here you go..

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    And where the hell are our pics from Ketchum and Boise.
    haha..oh and I've been meeting to create a little TR for with these pics as well..soon soon.

ok here you fuckers go:

Build:
    -2011 Independent Fabrication Ti Deluxe 29'er with Paragon Sliders for SS or gears and 44mm headtube for tapered forks
    -Custom geometry and fit
    -Bars: Easton Haven Carbon
    -Grips: ESI Racer Edge
    -Brakes: Formula R1's with 160mm Ashima Rotors
    -Stem: Ritchey WCS
    -Headset: Cane Creek 110 (Zerostack 1 1/8" upper with External 1.5" lower)
    -Cranks: XTR
    -BB: Chris King
    -Wheelset: Stans ZTR Race Gold (set up tubeless)
    -Front Tire: Maxxis Icon
    -Rear Tire: Maxxis Aspen
    -Seatpost: Easton EC90
    -Saddle: WTB Silverado Carbon
    -Pedals: Crank Bro's Eggbeaters (the entry level cheapo ones)
    -Weight as pictured: 20.5 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 011.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	102303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 003.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	102304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 016.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	494.2 KB 
ID:	102305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 007.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	452.9 KB 
ID:	102306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 014.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	446.4 KB 
ID:	102307  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 021.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	311.5 KB 
ID:	102308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 009.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	511.6 KB 
ID:	102309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 019.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	102310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 024.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	613.9 KB 
ID:	102311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full build 005.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	460.1 KB 
ID:	102312  

One Gear, Two Planks

Q-rings - aren't those pretty much just fancy biopace? Do they actually help? Problems running them SS?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Q-rings - aren't those pretty much just fancy biopace?
    not sure what you mean by "fancy biopace", but I guess "no". They are the opposite of Biopace (which didn't work..obviously).

Do they actually help?
    I think so...This 34 tooth feels like a 35 - 36 tooth on the downstroke and a 32T tooth at the top and bottom in the 'dead spots'. I like it.

Problems running them SS?
    none. Sets up easily. The only problem I have with it is that it is expensive...but I'm not paying retail for it. This is actually a single-speed specific ring (no ramps, pins, etc.): http://www.cart32hostingred.com/cgi-...odid=256268720
    One Gear, Two Planks

Interesting, good to know.

Nice, that thing is awesome!

How's the Ti compare to your previous Carbon frame?

Only thing I'd consider upgrading is the seapost to a Ti one. Just got one myself (Bold Precision) and was pretty suprised by the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

How's the Ti compare to your previous Carbon frame?
    The Ti is approximately 1 lb heavier than my carbon A9C. I can feel the additional weight, but not as much as I thought I would. The Ti is certainly more comfortable and dare I say, more 'fun'. It just feels more playful. It wants to jump. It wants to rail. It has the exact same geometry that my Niner had (as per my request) save for some minor tweaks to account for my fit (i.e. top tube was lengthened just a bit to better fit me), so as soon as I started pedaling, it handled nearly exactly to what I have been riding for the past year and thus easier for me to isolate differences between Ti and carbon.

The carbon definitely had more of a 'rocket-ship" like acceleration feel. It really did transfer power like no other bike I had. And it was stiff as hell as well. I wouldn't say it was uncomforably stiff, just race-performance stiff, but now that I'm on Ti.....the Ti just feels way smoother, and it's giving me more confidence on downhills and twisty singletrack. I want to push it more.

So the Ti added some weight, and lost some power transfer/acceleration ability....but it added more comfort, playfulness, w/o too much of a sacrifice in the other areas. Plus I'm sure it will last a LOT longer. Overall I'm happy with it.

Granted, I've only gotten two rides on it thus far, but yesterday was an 8 hour race (got a 2nd Place Overall and 1st Place SS) where I logged 84 miles and 11,000 feet of climbing so I had the chance to spend some quality time with it (especially when my front brake broke 1 hour into the race so I raced for 7 out of 8 hours with only a rear brake....One gear, One brake...heh).

Only thing I'd consider upgrading is the seapost to a Ti one. Just got one myself (Bold Precision) and was pretty suprised by the comfort.
    Yeah agree. I had to get a new seatpost for this and was torn between carbon and Ti. I obviously went with carbon, but when it breaks/wears out, I'll definitley go with a Ti one. It will look a little better too I think.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Q-rings - aren't those pretty much just fancy biopace? Do they actually help? Problems running them SS?
    Because part of my job is the monotony of watching people ride bikes I've had ample time to notice that the Q-Rings really have no discernable chain length change. I was blown away the first time I saw the r.der sitting there rock solid even though I expected it to be working overtime handling the 'rings.

Sweet ride. New england frames are where it's at...I've got a Sinister 29er, Igleheart cross bike, and two Ted Wojcik road bikes. Keep it local.

dead sexy
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

Nice bike!

Never heard of Q rings before, but I understand what they are... How do you decide which ring to get?

TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    How do you decide which ring to get?
    they only make the single speed specific ring in a 34T...so it's an easy decision
    One Gear, Two Planks

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    sweet ron. definitely check out the eriksen ti posts when you are ready. mine is a work of art.

Sweet, I'll take one.

Tyrone how is the PC-1 chain doing for you? Was surprised to see that on your bike. I've broken a couple pushing a 32X16 and you're way stronger than I am. They're cheap enough that you can replace them often but still.

Sick bike BTW!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Tyrone how is the PC-1 chain doing for you? Was surprised to see that on your bike. I've broken a couple pushing a 32X16 and you're way stronger than I am. They're cheap enough that you can replace them often but still.

Sick bike BTW!
    hey man so far so good...the PC-1 has been fine. Strangely, for as many bike parts as I've broken over the past 2 years, I have never, ever broken a chain. I used to run some heavy burly thing, but then I got to wondering if I needed a burl chain. when it came to replace it, my shop had a PC-1, and it was cheap, so I bought it...only had it 2 - 3 months maybe (on the old bike before this one) and so far so good.
    One Gear, Two Planks

I run the PC-1 and broke one a few months ago, but usually go through about 4 chains a year of all year round riding. I'd totally be up to spend a little more so I didnt have to swap em so frequently. The only saving grace is its 10$. I push a 34 18/19/20 depending.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    I beleive the PC-1 nickels are stronger than the regular dark grey plain model. Looks like Ron is running the nickel. I've had zero issues with the nickels, never broken one.