Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Diet, exercise, and sleep are the only things I kinda have going for me, so I need to gloat a little.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Everytime my GF takes Ambien I wake up to her jerking me off. I have no problems with Ambien.
    Training for Alpental

Diet, exercise, and sleep are the only things I kinda have going for me,.....
    That, and being an insufferable cunt.

Diet, exercise, and sleep are the only things I kinda have going for me, so I need to gloat a little.
    If I sold Slurpees for a living I would sleep great too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Everytime my GF takes Ambien I wake up to her jerking me off. I have no problems with Ambien.
    Tiger, is that you?

I used Ambien once on a trans-atlantic. Then I started using it on work nights where it was necessary to go to sleep at 7PM. It works well for that.

Ambien has a short half-life. There's a reason that the FAA is OK with pilots taking Ambien but not Benadryl/Tylenol PM.

I've seen people react weird to Ambien and other sleep drugs. Do NOT fucking mix them with opiods and/or alcohol. Bad fucking news ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    acids probably better for you
    Exactly, if you want to trip acid is the "right thing to do" not that I would know. Boomers work also.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Some funny stuff in this thread. I tried Melatonin first before asking for Zolpidem (Ambien) and liked that it was natural and that I didn't feel drugged, just got a feeling that it was time to go to sleep. But it didn't help me stay asleep and it seriously fucked with my dreams. Like ultra vivid dreams that were way to relevant be ignored. I don't need to be self analyzing dreams in the morning, I just need 6-8 hours of real rest. I don't think some people know what its like to not be able to turn you're brain off at night and just get some quality rest.

Doc I just visited in had a piece of paper on the wall that said most sleep problems are likely related to life style and that since sleep aids were invented the number of sleep problem diagnosis has shot through the roof.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Doc I just visited in had a piece of paper on the wall that said most sleep problems are likely related to life style and that since sleep aids were invented the number of sleep problem diagnosis has shot through the roof.
    Quoted for fucking truth. I know two people who take Ambien, both work in my office and are still hitting the coffee hard at like 4pm 'just to make it through'.

Im sorry but 'sleep issues' are one of the biggest first world problems going. You cant go to sleep? Christ, its like you still need to crawl in bed with mom and dad.

I find if Im active Im in bed by like 9, otherwise Im going till 12 or 1. Quit worrying about it, your body does a pretty good job of telling you what it needs.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Im sorry but 'sleep issues' are one of the biggest first world problems going. You cant go to sleep? Christ, its like you still need to crawl in bed with mom and dad.

I find if Im active Im in bed by like 9, otherwise Im going till 12 or 1. Quit worrying about it, your body does a pretty good job of telling you what it needs.
    Mostly agree. But then there are the people who do shift work (I will soon be joining that group). Difficult for your body to tell you what it needs when it has no fucking clue what you're doing to it.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by tief schnee View Post
    That, and being an insufferable cunt.
    I'm funnier in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    If I sold Slurpees for a living I would sleep great too.
    I don't even have Slurpees. hahaha.

I've also read (granted it was on Cracked, but they had references) that 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a product of the industrial age (8 hour workday, streetlights, etc.).
    It's okay to wake up in the middle of the night. Grab some toast or something. If you can't fall back asleep, that's a problem. Everyone is different. You know how some people can power-nap in the middle of the day? I can not nap. I can only get my sleep at night. So maybe I'm not that great.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by You Gooch! View Post
    First time I took Ambien was on a camping trip with my wife. High as K2 from the pill and lying in my sleeping bag, I told her that there was a little boy with a knife standing behind her as she was getting in the tent.

She didn't sleep the whole night. I slept like a champion.

thats some of the funnier shit I've read on TGR in a while.

My sister almost got fired from her job when she was taking Ambien. She worked in accounting and would make totally obvious mistakes and not even remember processing those transactions when asked about them later. It helped her sleep but fucked with her cognitive abilities during the day.

I have insomnia sometimes, but it never lasts more than a couple nights. A couple nights of getting less than 4-5 hours of sleep and I'm a total zombie and will fall asleep easily on the 3rd night. When I've worked night shifts it never takes me more than a week to get used to it.

I cannot sleep if I'm stoned. There's something about weed that gets my brain churning and it just won't turn off no matter how tired I am. If I smoke 3-4 hours before bed time then I'll sleep like a baby but getting high right at bedtime is a recipe for staying awake for the next few hours.

A benadryl washed down with a beer will knock me right the fuck out.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I love how the people who never have sleep problems always say if you just eat right ant exerciser you won't have problems, or that if you use sleep aids you're a druggie. Some of us have had sleep problems for years (30+ years in my case), and while I agree, diet, exercise, stress reduction, et al, is important, it often doesn't do fuck all for sleep problems in many cases. I have done all of the above in various combinations and still don't sleep worth shit. Ambien is great for those who need it, just like antibiotics are great for those with an infection. Neither are appropriate for those who don't really need them. Just taking a pill is not the answer to most people's sleep issues, but it can be a great, effective part of a treatment plan.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot