Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ambien Makes me Hallucinate

posting in 3d is rad waking up at 4 sounds cool, sip, i think whiskey makes it funner

Workaholics is teh funnez, sip

I take about the smallest size they make and wake up in the morning well rested. When I took a lot of pain killers for two weeks after a tib/fib break, I had disturbingly violent dreams

I took a high powered one recently on a flight to the UK. Tripped balls for about 3 hours before falling asleep. I couldn't figure out if I was awake or dreaming, and seeing the northern lights out of the window didn't help. Didn't know for sure that I had actually seen them or just hallucinated them until I checked my camera when we landed and found no fewer than 87 shitty blurry pictures of some green blobs. Good times.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Ambien is no joke! I work with young addicts, and many are issued Ambien to help them cope with drug and alcohol withdrawals as the sun goes down. I am no psychiatrist, but I have seen many a young man flip the fuck out under the influence of Ambien. I have seen truly bizarre "sleep walking" incidents go down, as well as generally weird behavior under Ambien's grip. I can't say that it is ineffective as a drug, but I have seen people do some truly insane things under its control.

Sounds like fun.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I don't understand why people would want to abuse the drug. It can be fun maybe once or twice but overall not so much fun.

I have no experience with ambian, but Malaria drugs is where it's at for trippy dreams. It gets a little intense, and real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Took em a few times hoping to fall asleep quickly but to no avail...Added a sixer while I waited and holy shit that turned into a crazy night...

Ambien helps me sleep.

when i was younger, we would abuse it. mostly got "tracers," then a friend's sister overdosed and died while on ambien and alcohol. haven't touched that shit since........

Another friend of mine, recently stopped using it after having multiple 'sleep-walking" incidents. my favorite one of his incidents involved him going on the internet and ordering a red fox. he said he had a dream that night about foxes. then he got a call the next day from the dealer saying he had to void the deal because utah forbids the sale and ownership of red foxes. let's just say he was stoked that he didn't have to dish out a few thousand dollars for a fox and soon after stopped using ambien.

That sounds like a fun time.

You know what else is awesome? Not being so fucked up in mind and body that I can't sleep.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

You know what else is awesome? Not being so fucked up in mind and body that I can't sleep.
    You know what else is cool? Not being a know it all douche who thinks he has it all figured out.

Take Tylenol PM instead. Seriously. It'll mute the noise just enough to let you sleep. If you really need to knock yourself out every night you might want to try a lifestyle change.

Ambien is some fucked up shit... especially if you use it on a short flight. Belgian lives in WA so I'm assuming he was flying at least 8+ hours when he took the drug. The problem we seem to have here in DC is people taking two 10mg Ambien "because I'm a Bi-coastal drug addict asshole who thinks they know how to medicate" for a Red-eye from LA to DC.

Folks, when the bottle says "make sure you have at least 8 hours of sleep" they mean it.

Red Eye flight takes ~4 hours and you're still well in the grip of the drug when you get in the car at Dulles and get on the Access highway. There are multiple deaths a year caused by people passing out in the car while driving simply because of these sleep aid prescriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Take Tylenol PM instead. Seriously. It'll mute the noise just enough to let you sleep. If you really need to knock yourself out every night you might want to try a lifestyle change.

Ambien is some fucked up shit... especially if you use it on a short flight. Belgian lives in WA so I'm assuming he was flying at least 8+ hours when he took the drug. The problem we seem to have here in DC is people taking a 10mg Ambien "because they are stronger so work better) for a Red-eye from LA to DC.

Folks, when the bottle says "make sure you have at least 8 hours of sleep" they mean it.

Red Eye flight takes 4 hours and you're still well in the grip of the drug when you get in the car at Dulles and get on the Access highway. There are multiple deaths a year caused by people passing out in the car while driving simply because of these sleep aid prescriptions.
    Just take benadryl, exact same medicine (diphenhydramine) as the sleep aid in tylenol pm. and generic benadryl is dirt cheap. I take ambien when camping at high elevations because it doesn't slow respirations like most sleep aids. I have no problems with ambien, no sleepwalking and no hallucinations.

Apparently you've never left the US time zones on a trip. LOL

Now that I am 45, I find it funny that the prescription drugs I like are not for conscious recreation, but are for a good nights sleep or for reducing pain. Pretty soon laxatives will be my favorite drug

For some reason the combination with the pain relief from the Tylenol works better for me, but yes - it's the same drug.

too late for that, body is fine, mind not so much. Personally I truly hate any pill Ive just been a little overworked lately and stressed. I actually read up on it and the hallucinating is a rare side effect that 1:100 experience. Its a little amusing, solid visuals.

I took Xanax once on a 2 hr flight, really bad idea. The plane landed, I woke up with my forehead pressed against the seat back, drool hanging to the floor, I stood up and walked off the plane leaving everything I had behind, cell phone, magazines, dignity etc. It did help tolerate my Mom tho

a buddy of mine would sleep eat on ambien. he would wake up the next morning to see his kitchen a mess and most of the food devoured. he had no idea what happened.

another friend was about to get married. he started ambien and would email chicks on craigslist about random hookups. he had no idea it happened until his fiance confronted him and dumped him

ambien is dangerous. marijuana will treat your pain and make you sleep better than ambien ever will. if you are in a med state, look into it.
    Denver Dirt Pimp - Feel free to hit me up with any RE questions.

That's another drug that some people tolerate well and others don't. I've taken Xanax a few times. I work nights so I'm often up till 6 or 7am more often then not. I take .25 or .5 mg if I have to get up early to do something. I take it very very rarely once or twice every three months. The shit can be addictive, and I never take it unless I can get 8+ hours sleep. Anything less and I just feel like a zombie the next morning.

I love the stuff. Never had any side effect at all. I take a half for a 7 hour flight and sleep like a rock. No hangover. Go figure.

Still haven't tried Ambien.

I couldn't sleep at altitude so I tried Melatonin. I still didn't fall asleep, but I couldn't get out of my sleeping bag until noon. I spent the next three hours in a groggy state packing food and camping gear in a delirious, groggy, miserable state. That did not sit with me well.

Melatonin sucks as a sleep aid.

I have used most sleep aids at one time or another. No issues with any of them except variable results. The best was Lunesta, but at $3-4 a pop it is not worth it. The good thing about it is it gives you a good four hours of sleep, then it's done. Great for those 1 AM can't sleep nights where everything else fucks up you day. No stories to tell on Ambien, maybe I need to take more...ordering a red fox would be cool. What I do like about Ambien is no hangover as long as I take it early enough. All the antihistamines make me luggy for half the next day, and interestingly only work for one night. If I take it the second night in a row it doesn't work.

Melatonin doesn't work for me, nor does all the heral teas and shit. Alcohol and pot are also terrible when it comes to sleep, but at least I enjoy being awake more.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Melatonin is not a sleep aid like benadryl or tylenol pm, it takes weeks to start working, and really just regulates your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSki View Post
    Melatonin is not a sleep aid like benadryl or tylenol pm, it takes weeks to start working, and really just regulates your sleep.
    Depends on the person. Works great for me, especially when I travel.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.