Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander1310 View Post
    Oh this is why I love this place.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Never gets old

Anyone else ever use a sharpie to change Blizzards to Buzzards?

Personally, I'm waiting for the Krypto to come with the rockst*r top sheet then I'll buy a pair.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Just an FYI, Been trying to find any info.

They are made in the swallow factory in Japan.

My interests are twofold.

Know enough about these so I can continue to make fun of kids on NS who think these are the second coming.

And maybe pick up a pair of the karvers that they are pretty much giving away on Promotive.

They are definitely chucking a bunch of sponsorships out there.
    Shut the fuck up. If you would actually read the threads in gear talk over on NS you'd see they're not any more stoked on them than you are.

I guess I should add an "you're so cool, can I touch you?" comment here...

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Shut the fuck up. If you would actually read the threads in gear talk over on NS you'd see they're not any more stoked on them than you are.

I guess I should add an "you're so cool, can I touch you?" comment here...

Now that you have gone all out talking out of your neck like you know what the fuck you are talking about. I will point you to another thread on NS. Started by me. That ended up being a Klint dick sucking fest. With no one able to answer simple questions about the skis themselves.

http://www.newschoolers.com/ns/forum...ead_id/652503/

Guess you're not as cool as you thought.
    Training for Alpental

Klint does have their designs manufactured in the Swallow facillities ("rim core" on the entry-level skis). The Swallow skis I"ve seen and skied have been excellent quality and great performance, and the factory has been building skis for decades. I have a great deal of respect for the founder of Klint who has a track record for bringing high performance products to market in the moto world..so I'll try to find out who is tasked with the design of their skis being custom-built to spec by Swallow. I say let the skis speak for themselves this season and let"s see how they handle.

P.S. - you guys are definitely not getting enough bourbon in your diet...
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticSkis View Post
    P.S. - you guys are definitely not getting enough bourbon in your diet...
    Whoooaaaa, now you've crossed the line. Them's fighting words.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

founder of Klint who has a track record for bringing high performance products to market in the moto world..
    What products?

French Alpes native & motocross industry veteran Ludo Boinnard (who previously launched and successfully sold the popular Braking, Tag Metals and One Industries brands.) Lots of Google results about him. I have emailed him back and forth a bit, and he is passionate about launching brands that perform for the enthusiasts...so I bet he wants the skis to work well...time will tell how they work this first year out.

Freeskier Magazine (go ahead and roll your eyes...) slobbered all over them in their buyers guide this year. I didn't quite understand it (go figure...), as I got the impression they didn't even get to ride them.

Interested to give them a try, but won't spend any money on them until there's something to show that some thought went into them in more areas than just the topsheet...

I swear to god, no one in the bike or ski industry knows how to build a fucking website.
    HEY WE'LL SHOW EVERYONE OUT 1337 FLASH SKI11Z AND MAKE EVERYTHING SLOW AND COMPLICATED AND HARD TO FIND!!!

Put a picture of the fucking ski, a summary and the dems. fuck.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I finally got a chance to ride some of the Klint skis at a a 3-day industry demo day in Vermont. No pow or 3D snow to speak of...but I got a good feel for them on frontside groomers. Pics at the links below. They have a new model next year called the Krypto Lite "Ti" with a sheet of Titanal above and below the birch hardwood core...should turn the Krypto Lite I tried into a faster, beefier machine for hard chargers or folks who want a damp ride.

Bottom Line: The Klint skis are really well made (Swallow in Japan/China) to Klint's own custom specs and constructions, have a quick, responsive feel and kick the pants off some bigger-name brands out there. Definitely worth looking at. I reserve judgement about the Krypto and Krypto Lite in deep snow until I get a chance to try 'em in their element. They surprised me, being a 1 year old company. They definitely have a team who knows ski designs and performance, not just marketing.

My Reviews:

Review: KLIИT (Klint) Karver 172cm
    Review: KLIИT (Klint) Karver 2 167cm
    Review: KLIИT (Klint) Krypto Lite 187cm
    Review: KLIИT (Klint) Fringe 173cm
    Review: KLIИT (Klint) White Noise 175cm

Bumping because I'm interested in either the pure or the prime. Anyone ski either of these or have any info on how they skis. Can't seem to find much, but have a screaming deal on these models. Are they useless noodles, or are they actually good skis?
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

I got a very short time on the Klint Prime last Spring on hardpack-only surfaces, and it felt like it was not tuned just right...so I can't really comment on it other than it was light, responsive and relatively peppy. Based on the rides on the other Klint models I had, the Prime is a well-built, high-quality ski that does what it was designed to do. I have spoken to several freeride team coaches and skiers who have lots of experience with the Prime, and they love the ski. Never found anyone who poo-pooed it, ever. I have not ridden the Pure...but we will see if we can get on a pair ASAP this season and post our 2-cents about it. I say if you get a killer deal on a pair of Klint skis....take 'em...if you don't gel with the model...sell it and get something else. Everyone I have met who knows the skis respects them a whole bunch. I really liked the ones I tried.

I got a very short time on the Klint Prime last Spring on hardpack-only surfaces, and it felt like it was not tuned just right...so I can't really comment on it other than it was light, responsive and relatively peppy. Based on the rides on the other Klint models I had, the Prime is a well-built, high-quality ski that does what it was designed to do. I have spoken to several freeride team coaches and skiers who have lots of experience with the Prime, and they love the ski. Never found anyone who poo-pooed it, ever. I have not ridden the Pure...but we will see if we can get on a pair ASAP this season and post our 2-cents about it. I say if you get a killer deal on a pair of Klint skis....take 'em...if you don't gel with the model...sell it and get something else. Everyone I have met who knows the skis respects them a whole bunch. I really liked the ones I tried.
    ^^ FWIW, I've never heard any of this about the skis.

I haven't heard that they cure cancer or help with male enhancement, either.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard much of anything about them at all. But maybe you have? In which case, maybe you could share it?
    not counting days 2016-17

I haven't skied any of them, or really met anyone who works for Klint, but the people I've talked to who've been on them didn't seem very impressed with the skis. These are people who I trust to give me honest opinions and who know what they're talking about. My opinion of them is that they seem to be a lot like Coreupt is (was?). A company that is trying to compete by throwing a bunch of money at athletes instead of making skis that set them apart.

They're still new, so I'm happy to be proven incorrect, but if it were my money, I would definitely ski them before I bought them.

I was about to pick up a pair of the 88 primes on promotive but got a weird feeling from their site, guess I was right. THANKS AGAIN TGR