Fly fishing in Crested Butte?

My parents are coming in from South Carolina next week, and we're heading down to Crested Butte for a few days- mostly for the fall scenery, but my dad wants to get in a little bit of fly fishing. Now, I understand that revealing good fishing spots is like talking about powder stashes... but can someone hook me up with some info? I'd like to give my dad a couple of good spots near town to fish while I go mountain bike for a couple hours. Anything on the Slate, East, or Taylor River that's a must-do? Is there a good online resource somewhere? I'm sure he'd be more than happy to return the favor with some good spots up and down the coast of South Carolina.

If you want to, feel free to PM me to keep the information secret... I definitely won't be spreading the word since I don't fish.

PM sent.......

I fished up there a few years ago. The Taylor has some good public access spots all the way up. Expect browns and rainbows in the 10" - 14" range. Mostly pocket water is what I remember. Fun river. Skip the hog trough near the bridge. Some big fish, but super finicky fish sipping #28 midge larvae, that won't move an inch out of their feeding lanes. You might wanna check out the river above Taylor Park resevior. More like a small creek, and I think no private property.
    And I fished up Lottis Creek, from the camp ground. Lots of brookies, and beaver dams. Fun small creek.
    Great area for fishing. Get a map, there's alot of private property.

bump for the same request. heading up this weekend, is the kokanee run going on?

Quote Originally Posted by ricorides View Post
    rSkip the hog trough near the bridge. Some big fish, but super finicky fish sipping #28 midge larvae, that won't move an inch out of their feeding lanes.
    Maybe his Dad fishes the Davidson in NC, if so he'd be right at home with this description.