Can new members not post pics/links?

I'm looking to sell some goggles in the gear swap section. I posted a thread yesterday and everything was fine and dandy. Today I went to update the thread with pics, and my first post immediately disappeared.

I figured it was some anti-spam thing that is included in the forum software, so I tried to post links to the pics but was unable to do that either.

I also can't seem to send any PMs to anyone due to my low post count, so I can't contact anyone directly.

I certainly understand the need for this kind of protection. Is there anything I can do to prove that I am actually a real person trying to pass on some goggles and not a scammer?

Thanks,
    -Pete

just get over six posts. Or you can send me the goggles for free, that would pretty much prove you're not a scammer...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Ahhh this makes sense

Wait so by links does that also include email addresses? Cause one of my posts did not seem to go through with that in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike64b View Post
    Wait so by links does that also include email addresses? Cause one of my posts did not seem to go through with that in it.
    Yes. Try it again, or just don't do it in link form, but like "skibum at gmail dot com".
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's