Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I'm changing plans. I'll report back after my adventure. I have to work thursday so i'm a no go.

Starting to look frosty on all the webcams! Not quite like last October, I was hoping to be doing some easy hungover skiing Halloween weekend...we'll see if that happens again this season.

Muir a couple weekends ago was an awesome trip though, bright and sunny once you got above the clouds at Pebble Creek! Facebook album from that day

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    I'm changing plans. I'll report back after my adventure.
    Post that shit. Heading to Muir tomorrow unless otherwise inspired. Heroic reports from Tuesday were a cruel reminder of the lesson I always spout to others: You never know if you don't go.

Really excited for the season. What's really stoking me out though is how excited my 2-year old is to "ski" this year. He's been asking to go up to Alpental almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalcorey View Post
    Really excited for the season. What's really stoking me out though is how excited my 2-year old is to "ski" this year. He's been asking to go up to Alpental almost every day.
    Put him in a plastic tube and start throwing him off cliffs. He will be a natural born hucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Heading to Muir tomorrow unless otherwise inspired.
    Blue ice (or at least blue frozen corn) with a thin cover of wind deposit today, more ice as you go higher. Overall less snow than last week (we didn't start skinning today until above Pebble Creek). But it was snowing above Pan Point as we left and tomorrow may be better weather . . .

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalcorey View Post
    He's been asking to go up to Alpental almost every day.
    Bring him up, Corey, I'll take him for a few runs!

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Blue ice (or at least blue frozen corn) with a thin cover of wind deposit today, more ice as you go higher. Overall less snow than last week (we didn't start skinning today until above Pebble Creek). But it was snowing above Pan Point as we left and tomorrow may be better weather . . .
    thanks...l think . Sun tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to accurately minimize the shiny parts.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post

Bring him up, Corey, I'll take him for a few runs!
    Glad I went with Kev for a moto today instead...
    Snow as you got higher up towards Windy Pass.

Corey, it's about time you showed up and started posting here!
    Looking forward to seeing you on the hill.

hey one of the TAY hippies has arrived at this crass little corner.
    it's not so p-c here and way more interesting.
    give my peace to the mendo crew.
    call me for gear for ju ju.
    bobby

what up moto matt?>

Ski Swap Weekend in Spokane. Always good people watching... Rain/Snow Mix all weekend, ready for the first big snowfall!

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Jess, I'll take the gamble if you can get me back by 1900. I'm training a new person so I have to "work."
    Kev- sorry I missed you, sometimes I get busy and forget to check tgr. Call me next time, you slacker!

@Brad: what happened to you getting out? You looked suspiciously clean & chipper at Solitaire last night.

Muir was good in places yesterday (and a little icy in others), with some corn near Anvil rock on the Paradise. Fall colors abound. Will post a photo soon.
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

I went up to heliotrope ridge on tuesday for some amazing early season turns. I got about 4 inches of dry pow for 1000 vert feet. Amazing day with amazing people.

Just checking in here guys, Been lurking for the last year+ and figured its time. Live Kirkland, and always looking to get out, started touring last year and am loving it as well as skiing at stevens and alpy. Looking forward to meeting you guys out there, and another great year.
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    Kev- sorry I missed you, sometimes I get busy and forget to check tgr. Call me next time, you slacker!

@Brad: what happened to you getting out? You looked suspiciously clean & chipper at Solitaire last night.

Muir was good in places yesterday (and a little icy in others), with some corn near Anvil rock on the Paradise. Fall colors abound. Will post a photo soon.
    Let's see some pics! I spent the day wishing I was on Rainier while getting new tires on the subaru.

Anybody go to SkiFever? I know it's typically not too exciting, but I haven't tried in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Anybody go to SkiFever? I know it's typically not too exciting, but I haven't tried in a few years.
    it was pretty useless unless you need to restock your sticker stash. Having a solid buzz helped immensely.

these nw pre season shows have gotten lame.
    same shit that they sold last year or was that 2 years ago.
    much hype and fluff mixed in with industry bro brahatude.

they need some foam pits and little kickers and ledges and climbing walls and hot chicks on trampolines.
    they need a place to let the kids chill and some taco trucks out front.
    what am i missing, oh yeah, how about something other than atomicsolomonvolklmarker at the event.
    glad we've got us some pro-ski, either one.
    bobby

Excellent windbuff on Heliotrope yesterday before the weather moved in. It was also my first day back on skis after 7 months off recovering from a broken leg. Pretty surreal experience overall. Great to be back in the mountains with good snow and good friends.

Soft snow at the top:

Windbuff down lower:

Short video from the day:
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    these nw pre season shows have gotten lame.
    same shit that they sold last year or was that 2 years ago.
    much hype and fluff mixed in with industry bro brahatude.

they need some foam pits and little kickers and ledges and climbing walls and hot chicks on trampolines.
    they need a place to let the kids chill and some taco trucks out front.
    what am i missing, oh yeah, how about something other than atomicsolomonvolklmarker at the event.
    glad we've got us some pro-ski, either one.
    bobby
    haha. i went to freaknight and i'm pretty sure i saw climbing walls and hot chicks on trampolines. i doubt the juggalos and club kids would enjoy a ski movie, but it woulda been cool.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Short video from the day:
    [/QUOTE]

Nice work!

Snow levels are supposed to get down around 2500 feet wednesday with the first significant low level snowfall. Get stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    Excellent windbuff on Heliotrope yesterday before the weather moved in. It was also my first day back on skis after 7 months off recovering from a broken leg. Pretty surreal experience overall. Great to be back in the mountains with good snow and good friends.
    I was one of the party of two that chatted with you guys at the hiking boot to skin transition on the Hogsback in the AM. We watched you guys making turns off the ridge on our way up the Coleman. Awesome day to get back on skis after an injury, way to get after it!

We made it to the Coleman-Deming saddle where the wind picked up and the higher clouds engulfed the summit. Skied from there back to Heliotrope for some laps. As you mention in your report, awesome wind buff with the occasional soft pow shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    Welcome back, Phoenix. Starting to remember what clouds are? Good shredding yesterday, set the mood for the season.

RyanPete, with the tail of snow blowing off the top and the lenticular cap we were speculating you might turn back at the saddle. Still an awesome day out though, no doubt far more isolated than the ant farm that was heliotrope.

Good times up at Muir yesterday. I was surprised to see the thick fog disappear and the sun come out!

Nice shot! Snows looking good up there.

Sweet photo Jason and Josh.