Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Made it out to Mt. Baker on the 20th to get the first snowfall of the season. Well it wasn't powder but it was perfect corn!

Here is a TR written by Amar.
    It was great meeting you up there Sam
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Miller View Post
    Made it out to Mt. Baker on the 20th to get the first snowfall of the season. Well it wasn't powder but it was perfect corn!
    So does this mean the 12' season has technically started? Heading to Hood this weekend and just need to know, do I add the days to my current tally or time to start the new one? Or just continue with the Endless Winter mantra...

Nice pic btw...looks a bit cracky!
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

Just finished my 2010/11 season on Saturday. Smooth September corn, with a touch of volcanic rock:

Bring on winter of 2011/12!!

Spray park sure is awesome isn't it? I was up there on wednesday myself getting my sept turns.

I was going to say that is definitely the Flett Glacier Headwall.

In my opinion its a new season once any new snow has fallen but each person has there own definition.
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

NOAA 2011-2012 October-November-December Temperature Prediction:

NOAA 2011-2012 October-November-December Precipitation Prediction:

Is this a gubbermint jinx?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by RyanPete81 View Post
    Just finished my 2010/11 season on Saturday. Smooth September corn, with a touch of volcanic rock:

Bring on winter of 2011/12!!
    Volcanic Pond Skimming anyone? Another amazing pic!! Some serious stoke building...Fuck Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Miller View Post
    I was going to say that is definitely the Flett Glacier Headwall.

In my opinion its a new season once any new snow has fallen but each person has there own definition.
    Yes, Flett Glacier indeed.

Agreed re: the start of a new season=new snow. I regarded this Flett trip as the last of my 2010/2011 season because it was the end of my TAY cycle.

It's getting started - up high at least -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forecast.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	100686

17-23"? HFS. Winter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    So does this mean the 12' season has technically started? Heading to Hood this weekend and just need to know, do I add the days to my current tally or time to start the new one? Or just continue with the Endless Winter mantra...

Nice pic btw...looks a bit cracky!
    I'm of the firm opinion that Mile and Palmer don't count for the season. Season starts when the lower lifts are spinning. Anything else is just cheating.
    Training for Alpental

A dusting last night in the Three Sisters Wilderness!

Made it up on Baker the other day with samthaman (and ran into Kyle up there). Sure was great getting on the new snow corn!!! I'll try to get some pictures up tonight...

Currently puking at the Roundhouse in Whistler. That is all.

Talking to some folks coming down from the Enchantments on my way up last Sunday was that some flakes fell on Saturday PM

edit: a week from yesterday
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

To those of you in and around Bellingham, I've set up a pretty good lineup of double features for the month of October. We've got Level 1 and Toy soldiers doing a double feature on the night of the 6th in Fraser Hall 4 on the WWU campus

The night of October 21st, we've got Absinthe and YES. playing on campus. They'll hopefully have the tour bus parked in red square all day. Dan Brisse or Lucas Debari will be doing poster signings before the show, but show up early, there are only 100 posters available! Price reduced to $10

Also, if you are a student and interested in discounted $10 tickets to TGR's One for the Road the night of October 14th, hit me up through here to pick some up.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I'm of the firm opinion that Mile and Palmer don't count for the season. Season starts when the lower lifts are spinning. Anything else is just cheating.
    Fair enough. The way I'm approaching it is that if I hand my credit card to the ticket booth operator and get a ticket dangling from my jacket, regardless of number of chairs spinning, then it counts as a day in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    NOAA 2011-2012 October-November-December Temperature Prediction:

NOAA 2011-2012 October-November-December Precipitation Prediction:

Is this a gubbermint jinx?
    So more rain than usual at snoqualmie pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    Fair enough. The way I'm approaching it is that if I hand my credit card to the ticket booth operator and get a ticket dangling from my jacket, regardless of number of chairs spinning, then it counts as a day in my book.
    Fair enough....but a 10/11 day, not 11/12. See how core you are skiing this late in the season?
    Training for Alpental

MSP is showing Attack of La Nina next Wednesday at the King Cat. Looking forward to getting psyched up for some snow!

Every year, I go up Muir in Sept/Oct at the first or second dick tease of winter and ski rubble in a complete milk bottle, get vertigo, curse the goddamn meadow slog in the rain and swear I'll never push the season in bad weather again. And then every next year I see a forecast like this: MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...RAIN. SNOW LEVEL 6500 FEET. and start putting my kit together to do it again.

^^^^ That's perfect. Reminds me of an old cartoonish painting my dad had of this guy all geared up standing on the top of a mountain watching as a single snowflake falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringbender View Post
    ^^^^ That's perfect. Reminds me of an old cartoonish painting my dad had of this guy all geared up standing on the top of a mountain watching as a single snowflake falls.

i love some of his work

^^^ love this forum! That's it!

Just checking in for what I hope to be another great winter. I'll be skiing at Stevens pass a bunch this year, plus just bought a sled so hopefully that will reduce the number of logging road slogs and equal more skiing on big peaks... we'll see. Regardless, see you guys out there!

Hopefully I'll have some stokeful TRs to post.