Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    It's all good, it sure did get on the pipe later in the day.
    8 inches in the drive this AM, that's a good thing.
    it was a real good thing! where do you live up here? we should go skiing sometime

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    today's conditions = winning
    x2.

Made a lap @Alp and then had to stop at West for a couple quickies as well since the sun came out for a bit before having to leave for work. Nash was dreamy, wish i'd had time to hit it twice.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Get after it this weekend! Let's just say things are looking much less promising around the middle of next week...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Get after it this weekend! Let's just say things are looking much less promising around the middle of next week...
    Yeah, could get a bit warm. Looks like it could be a short time period, with lowering snow levels and snow moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Looks like it could be a short time period, with lowering snow levels and snow moving forward.
    Let's hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    x2.

Made a lap @Alp and then had to stop at West for a couple quickies as well since the sun came out for a bit before having to leave for work. Nash was dreamy, wish i'd had time to hit it twice.
    pics or it didnt happen

so apperently the owners of snoqualmie bought out stevens pass.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...stevens19.html

DEEP opening day at Baker. No pictures, but I promise you it happened
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

I'm curious what mags' thoughts are about this. I just moved to the PNW last year so I don't know the history ... what happened to Snoqualmie when CNL bought them out? I love the vibe at Stevens and would be bummed if that got smothered by corporate greed.

When Scummit got bought out - Id say that not much changed as far as ticket prices, and getting onto the lifts.

The scummit doesn't really have a vibe ( other than the huge nature/mountain omnipresent vibe)

I'm not an insider on the mountain, not sure if anything changed for the employees. I know that chairs have been added, and upgraded since they took over. I like that. It might have happened faster with the original owners, impossible to say.

Some have said the lifts close earlier in the year ( no cinco de mayo spinning for example )

I got nothing.

I feel like food quality/prices suffered as well. In the end though, the managing companies are really calling the shots, not the owner CNL. Snoq and Crystal are managed by Boyne, and stevens isn't changing its mgmt.

Quote Originally Posted by wood_stones View Post
    When Scummit got bought out - Id say that not much changed as far as ticket prices, and getting onto the lifts.

The scummit doesn't really have a vibe ( other than the huge nature/mountain omnipresent vibe)

I'm not an insider on the mountain, not sure if anything changed for the employees. I know that chairs have been added, and upgraded since they took over. I like that. It might have happened faster with the original owners, impossible to say.

Some have said the lifts close earlier in the year ( no cinco de mayo spinning for example )

I got nothing.
    Well they are returning cinco de mayo this year, so that's good. They also opened all the lifts at West today, so can't really complain. Stevens on other hand wasn't doing work today.

I think Alpental has a great vibe. Show up on a Tuesday morning and you will see the same faces you've seen for years ( add a 100 the last few seasons). Lot 4 in the spring is great.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by wood_stones View Post
    Name:  e15b36a09ecb8b19abcdaa0bfdbc18c6_thumb.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  2.4 KB

I got nothing.
    Yup.

The Co that owns the summit and now stevens is not into managing the property, just owing them. Crystal bought the management of the summit a few years back. I think the "vibe" is more the management then the property owner. Stevens is still managed by the same people, so far.

Bootop pow Hyak backside today. Two dozen other tourists but plenty of freshies left for us early PM. Did a few lift laps at West AM. Coverage better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    I think Alpental has a great vibe. Show up on a Tuesday morning and you will see the same faces you've seen for years ( add a 100 the last few seasons). Lot 4 in the spring is great.
    So true, last year was my first year here and I went to Alpental 5 or 6 times on Tuesdays and by the end of year I started recognizing a lot of faces.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Name:  e15b36a09ecb8b19abcdaa0bfdbc18c6_thumb.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  2.4 KB

Yup.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Crystal today: storm skiing in blower pow with nobody there.
    Super stoked to be out here with you guys! Pretty rad first day as a new passholder.

Prooof:

doughboyshredder Guest
    ^Empty chairs? Don't see that very often at X-tal.

Crystal was fucking awesome today. No lines. Face shots all day and it was coming down with a vengeance when I left around 2 or 3. Vis was horrible. Hit a couple buried rocks during the day but nothing treacherous, usually poking up on traverses or groomers. Even hopped off a few little drops without hitting bottom. Good stuff. It's on!

...looks like they are closing monday and tuesday though...so its temporarily not on.

Edit: Sweet photos Norseman! Where were you hanging out?
    Last edited by regct; 11-19-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Great pictures Norseman! Looks AWESOME!

Opening day at baker was fucking money!!! Soo deep first couple laps were over the head blower, headed out the elbow for more over the head blower.

Got clear and cold last night, bluebird pow day today. Lapped blueberry and safety line a couple times. Best opening weekend i have ever had. Couldnt be more stoked.

Lets hope snow levels stay low!!

^ That sounds pretty sweet. I haven't been up that way yet, but I'm keen on checking it out soon. Photos?

@regct, we ended up goin thru the second gate on sunnyside a lot today. Green valley seemed a little lame, kinda short, maybe just cause I don't have a clue where I'm going yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    @regct, we ended up goin thru the second gate on sunnyside a lot today. Green valley seemed a little lame, kinda short, maybe just cause I don't have a clue where I'm going yet.
    Ah right on. Yeah green valley got old after one lap this morning. I am new as well, but had a great time in trees between forest queen and rainier express though. Pumped to get to know this mountain, sweet terrain.