Laterjet Repair, anyone?

Searched the forum and there a few mentions of it but nothing substantial. Anyone have it care to relate his/her story would be great, I'm going in for it at the end of the month. Doc said it's the best option because I've lost enough bone that bankart won't do the trick but it's not big enough to merit replacing it from my hip and the relocation of the tendons act as an additional sling. It's all greek to me but it's the Doc's forte it sounds pretty solid.

Thanks

Dr. Mark here seems to be the expert on Laterjet. I went in to have that surgery, but the decided my bone and tissue was good enough. Wish they had just done it. The shoulder still feels unstable after a year and a half.

Its pretty hard to argue against a Latajet procedure on someone with an unstable shoulder who hangs out on a website for extreme athletes. It is by far the most stable of all the repairs out there.

Thanks
    Anything to watch out for in the next couple weeks heading in. Anything in particular, to do/eat /not do/not eat etc?