Page 247 of 396 FirstFirst ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 9892
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Really? Dude, do you watch the weather? No room for indecision here. Hope you are on the way North. You are killing me. If what I saw on NECN last night you boys and girls will be very happy. Upslope is the word . . .

Get some!
    Like he said. Check out the snow totals over there to the right>>>

All but one in the EC.

Edit: I'll break with my pattern of posting Canadian music to offer this to the lucky bastards skiing today while I am at work (for the full effect of this tune, watch Stump's "Groove Requiem in the Key of Ski"):

Second edit. Obviously I am having a busy day. The snow totals are changing. Geek that I am, I saved it for posterity earlier this morning:
    Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 02-25-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Ooops, forgot the tunes.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    Yeah i know....dumb question. On my way and cant wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Thank you. I feel better now . . .
    The Passion is in the Risk

Waist deep continuous face shots. Does not get better than that. Bottomless in the notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    Like he said. Check out the snow totals over there to the right>>>

All but one in the EC.
    And Stubaier Gletscher is flaaat. Fuck, having a broken leg sucks today.

OH YEAH?!

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Waist deep continuous face shots. Does not get better than that. Bottomless in the notch.
    well i scored waist high offfshore a-frame peaks this a.m. i shit ton funner than expected. but does get much better. you win!

hmmm, WWOD? wanna hear it again? i love telling that one! thanx for the reminder SFB!

ROJ

Faceshots at Stowe. Still nuking.

Bush has been nuking all day, but the crowds are insane. Fresh tracks are few and far between. Anyway, it beats skiing groomers.

Wish I was in the Notch, but I had to use my pass sometime...

Well that 9" at Burke was an under report. 12" above the mid-lodge. I'm spent

You can tell there was a pent up desire for this powder. The lift line formed at 8:00 and was a consistent 7-8 minutes . Things were getting pretty tracked up by noon. Some fresh still in the nooks and cranies but my legs were getting too tired and unreliable to go after them after 1:00 so I headed home. Pics will be coming.

Still off and on moderate snow falling up there too.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Smuggs was crazy crowded, but it was also crazy good. M1 on wind hold. Deep!
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Damn fine! Cannot wait for pics. That is if anyone bothered to wait and take some.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Sweet vin! I called you when we were out back. But it's a pow day.

LD- come up anytime dude!

I would say the hill is pushing 25-30" at this point and nuking hard still. I had 14" new at my house when I got back at 2. Upslope engine is cranking. Got some pics coming. Did not get many. Tomorrow will be the day. Not even sure how to approach it yet.

Yeah i was riding with mrs v. She's not quite comfortable in tight steep trees yet...but progress is being made. Today was a big learning day for her.

Heard m1 lifeline was $$$$$, but getting scoured by wind. I'll be up early tomorrow. Watch for slide/ sluff potential tomorrow in chutes and open areas.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Awesome you got out together!
    Great day for learning. Super forgiving. Yeah we stayed away from the open steeps. After out back, We booted up docs from m2 to catwalk. I stayed in the trees the whole way down, I was first in some of the favorites and it was waist to chest. HA and seqouishan sent it down free fall then liftline. heard it was killer. Will be out early tomorrow. Skins in pack. Give me a shout.

Stowe. Unreal today. Tracks were getting filled in between runs when hiking.

So after earning some ridiculous deep turns today, bro is in town and need to ride some lifts tomorrow, obviously Stowe and smuggs got the hammer, Bolton on wind hold all day is tempting, late day skiers from today have any opinion?

VERY good today at MRG started snowing really hard mid day and has not stopped. Tomorrow is going to be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    Where to go tomorrow? We will be leaving WMass around 5:00 and have no ties. Thoughts are Jay, Smuggs, Stowe, touring somewhere... We will be paying gaper prices, any deals to be had, twofers at GU, or 10gal fillups any where?
    Some fresh pasta, and vino will get me good and charged, where will you be? Except you nhiles, I don't care about you, you twist my words, you dirty jersey tird
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Today was fun, tomorrow should be twice as deep at least... Over 20" here at my place so the mountain should be doing pretty darn good. Some pics from early morning mission before the crowds rolled in. It snowed soooo much more since these were taken. Be safe all.

Today was stupid.

DEEP from the start, 2"/hr at least from open to close, still nuking here and at the mtn. I watched the stake rise a full foot in the space of 5 hours. Nipple deep in place, free refills, face shot, omgomgomg.

Wicked fractures, too - be careful out there tomorrow.

Fun day at the Bowl slinging demos and watching some pretty sweet racing. Oh yeah, the skiing wasn't half bad either! Had fun skiing with NmbrdDays, VTF and Ak, as well as non-mags who came out to support the brand launch. Oh, and I expect that very shortly ak will be waxing rhapsodic about his early morning cat-skiing adventure.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Fun day at the Bowl slinging demos and watching some pretty sweet racing. Oh yeah, the skiing wasn't half bad either! Had fun skiing with NmbrdDays, VTF and Ak, as well as non-mags who came out to support the brand launch. Oh, and I expect that very shortly ak will be waxing rhapsodic about his early morning cat-skiing adventure.
    I figured no way they'd get that race off.

By far the best day for me this year. Glad i made the solo ride to jay. Tomorrow should rock also....everyone enjoy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums

Despite having quite the experience heading up last night. Today was great at the bowl. Good turns were had, thanks for the tour. Good luck with Worth skis. They ride great, loved the humpbacks. The georges are burly as hell. I may be adding a pair to the quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by ecskier7 View Post
    VERY good today at MRG started snowing really hard mid day and has not stopped. Tomorrow is going to be fun.
    Just got up here, and it is still dumping. My footsteps are buried from one hour ago. Mad will be sick tomorrow!

Is there going to be any worthy up here that want to demo me a humpback? Otherwise will be on white justices with figjam sticker riding the double, 10-2 and alternating between Lawson's and pbr all evening.

Any mags want to ski a run or get a beer give me an old fashioned I'm Rick James, Bitch! Or ask for change or whatever.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Today was stupid.

DEEP from the start, 2"/hr at least from open to close, still nuking here and at the mtn. I watched the stake rise a full foot in the space of 5 hours. Nipple deep in place, free refills, face shot, omgomgomg.

Wicked fractures, too - be careful out there tomorrow.
    That about sums it up. Been puking here in Waitsfield all day (from what I understand), and is still coming down as hard as it was at Jay today.

Had fun with Nuefox at Jay the other day, but will be skiing MRG tomorrow since I have to catch a flight out of Albany tomorrow night.