Page 181 of 396 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 9892
    Not happy, repeat NOT HAPPY waking up to 39.3` and rain. WTF, snow surface looks like the moon.

Weasel is the sled driver OK? Got to get out of here and find some snow, ordering new MTB tires this week, might as well get ready.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Not happy, repeat NOT HAPPY waking up to 39.3` and rain. WTF, snow surface looks like the moon.
    was just going to ask how the Bush was holding up but i'm thinking this is my answer. was going to head up today for a couple but getting skunked yet again

VTF, what rubber are ya getting? my new rig came with Schwalbe Rocket Ron's 2.25 which i converted to tubeless with a Stan's kit. i liked them the few time's i got out on em.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    VTF, what rubber are ya getting? my new rig came with Schwalbe Rocket Ron's 2.25 which i converted to tubeless with a Stan's kit. i liked them the few time's i got out on em.
    Given how the weather has been (r*in/freeze, etc), I may order up some 29" studded tires for my new rig. Anyone want the sweet 26" studded's that I can't use anymore? Makes riding on ice so much fun!

Rog, nice vid, snow looks beautiful... I like how you cram in like 24505820 turns where I would do like three.

Petrics: A) welcome back, and B) nice moose pic!

Weasel: Hope that guy is ok!

This weather sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    I finally hit it. Two days in Utah and impossible to describe. Brighton yesterday good considering years totals. Pow mow today. Mountain to ourselves. They opened powder country at 1030 for first time all season. Did so many laps I couldn't guess my total. All fresh all day. Snowed all day. Looking at 7-11 for tomorrow in LCC. Best day ever.
    Glad you got some, dude! The West certainly has been better lately than it was...

It looks like the snowmo guy is trying to throw a punch to the moose's nose. That's a ballsy move and not generally recommended by those that value their health.

I finally hit it. Two days in Utah and impossible to describe. Brighton yesterday good considering years totals. Pow mow today. Mountain to ourselves. They opened powder country at 1030 for first time all season. Did so many laps I couldn't guess my total. All fresh all day. Snowed all day. Looking at 7-11 for tomorrow in LCC. Best day ever.
    Awesome! Get it!

edit for top of page...

Last edited by mangle; 01-24-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    ... I like how you cram in like 24505820 turns where I would do like three.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post
    It looks like the snowmo guy is trying to throw a punch to the moose's nose. That's a ballsy move and not generally recommended by those that value their health.
    Yea I was thinking I would be punching the throttle not the moose...

Nice dude. But where's the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post
    eh, thats not a very big moose, I woulda bear hugged it and wrestled it to the ground, maybe bit its ear off.

Fog, warm, rain, crust, snow, repeat... less we forget winters are never consistent here, but this is a hardy one for sure.

^^ Ok, Tyson...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    eh, thats not a very big moose, I woulda bear hugged it and wrestled it to the ground, maybe bit its ear off.

Fog, warm, rain, crust, snow, repeat... less we forget winters are never consistent here, but this is a hardy one for sure.
    Mmmmmm moose. Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Mittersill was fun this weekend, went Saturday and ended up cruising back up this morning.

Attachment 108612

Photo from Saturday

Nice shot.
    A couple friends also decided to head over to Mittersill that day. Pretty much blew up their skis.
    Skiing made me Board

Paying my dues, bra. That and my attendance at Ullr Fest probably helped. So technically, I owe you and Ullr for today, Jeff.
    I guess I wasted mine on the Plattekill trip in October!

I hit it a week early. Dumped snow in Utah the day I left, come home to it pissing rain. Weeeaaakksauce.

This thread just started to really move with the stoke. You guys are bringing it with the kick ass pictures and I'm hoping we're just a day away from the POV edits from the pow weekend.

Now to the longest post of all time:

The Place: Middlebury Snow Bowl, last Sunday. It was one of my favorite days of the year, easy. A couple inches of fresh on top of a few inches of previous fresh. My GF was kicking ass on her demo Worth Marcy's. Put in a good couple of hours with VTF and the Weasel, too.

It ain't Powder Mag, but the EC Roll Call's own AKOKSKIS on the cover of the trail map! photo credit, and better than I've ever done, Thin Cover:

The Weasel mows the pasture. Classic VT:

Birthday bop:

I zoomed in pretty far and *think* I caught a smile:

Oh, I remember where I put that fresh, right under the lift!

We were so excited the tips came poking out everywhere:

Air Weasel on the pink hoverboards:

GF charging my favorite view (maybe) at the snow bowl:

Expert ahoy!!!!

park rat racer?

The Weasel:

Not a scratch on the Marcy's:

Vintage Form:

The GF was super excited about the Worth Marcy's, and asked me to buy her a pair after one run. Her comments, "Predictable + Stable", "Make me a better skier", "I fucking love these, how much are they", and "I've never had such a good time skiing or felt more confident". I'm paraphrasing a bit, but I started to tune her out because I didn't want to talk about her skis anymore. I said to her, "GF, please. We've been talking about your skis and skiing for hours! Can't we talk about our relationship or what your friends are doing this weekend?" I swear. Anyway, she went back to her old (five day old) skis the next day and said they suck. Thanks a lot, guys.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting some stuff, too. I tried the George's, and hoped to get on the DB's or Humpback's but it wasn't meant to be. The George felt stable but it wasn't the day for me to try a 118mm ski, wearing alpine boots I've worn 3 times in 3 years on just a few inches of snow. I do feel like they were a pow charger, in the mold of an updated Explosiv or Mantra. To me it felt like a super big mountain ski. Kitzbuehl on a pow day. Race stock GS with girth.

And, if you'll indulge me, I wrote up a little article about West Mountain for the NY Ski Blog. You don't HAVE to click it, but if you do I will make millions of dollars as a famous ski writer.

Seriously, I am really happy with how this came out, I wish I spent a few more days there to really catch the feel of the place. West would be awesome for the big game, too. $3 beers at a ski area. Sweet potato fries. Lots of Carhartt.

Feel free to leave me a comment to let me know that I'm a spammer or awesome. And otherwise I can't give you credit for looking!

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2012/01/wes...-ny-12212.html

It's so hard to end this post... nice mooses!

and..... more snow please.
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 01-24-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

great stoke ML!!! Glad she dug them and it wont be your only shot at demo'ing this year, plenty of time left.

That pic is actually next to the bowl, but close enough Stoked for the Worth launch day at the bowl, hope we get some snow for it.

Nice write up on West ML242. Spent many nights there during college. Not a bad little mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It ain't Powder Mag, but the EC Roll Call's own AKOKSKIS on the cover of the trail map! photo credit, and better than I've ever done, Thin Cover:

Hah! I'm a PRO and I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU!!

(Thanks for posting that, ML, as I haven't actually seen the map yet this year... Hope to be up there soon though!)
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Good stoke! I should probably try to make some turns this season.

shredding the slop at bromont last night.. place was dead. they closed the versant du lac chair just as we were coming up from the car. some employee tried to deny us, but patrol said "we'll let you have one ride up but you'll have to ski down in the dark later, and don't get hurt!"

A couple from yesterday in the notch.
    Short vid clip later.

Fighting gravity on a daily basis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327434720.727977.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	108632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327434741.957540.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	470.4 KB 
ID:	108633  
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Good work Vin. Glad that was got before the weather turned on us.

Nice shots Vin, I wish I had motivated early enough to get out there yesterday morning...it might be a little while before things are that good again.

I'd like to thank Orange Gondola, PearlJam, NJFree and the rest of the Magic crew for being such good influences on my 7 year old, we are now BOTH grounded by she who must be obeyed for our blatant disregard for roped closures :-)
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

This is my first ever video edit. There is a short clip from 2 weeks ago and clips from yesterday's assault on the long trail chute. Enjoy.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com