Page 396 of 396 FirstFirst ... 391 392 393 394 395 396
Results 9,876 to 9,892 of 9892
    Drowning on the Hudson yesterday. Well, actually on the Indian and the body was recovered 5 miles downstream on the Hudson. If this is the guide I'm thinking of, well, I can't really say I'm surprised.

I heard a bunch of rumors last night but didn't quite get the details confirmed. The Post Star just did an article about it.

http://poststar.com/news/local/polic...a4bcf887a.html

INDIAN LAKE -- A woman drowned Thursday during a whitewater rafting trip on the Indian and Hudson rivers and the guide who led the trip was charged with criminally negligent homicide, according to State Police.

Tamara F. Blake, 53, of Columbus, Ohio, was pronounced dead after she was thrown from a raft at 10:20 a.m., according to State Police.

State Police said Blake fell in the water in the Indian River, and her body was recovered about 5 miles downstream in the Hudson River. She was pronounced dead where she was recovered.

The guide who was piloting the raft, Rory K. Fay, 37, of North Creek was charged with criminally negligent homicide, according to State Police.

State Police said he was "intoxicated" and that a passenger with Blake steered the group's raft to shore after the accident.

He was sent to Hamilton County Jail for lack of bail.

Police said Fay, Blake and Richard J. Clar, 53, of Columbus, Ohio were on the raft on the Indian River when Blake and Fay were ejected. Clar got the boat to shore and Fay swam to shore.

Clar and Fay walked to Chain of Lakes Road after they got out of the river, but were unable to locate Blake.

A State Police helicopter was used to search the river, and the helicopter crew located Blake. It was unclear if she was wearing a personal flotation device.

Patrick Cunningham, the owner of Hudson River Rafting Co., said the person was on a trip guided by his company and Fay worked for his company.

The trips start on the Indian River, riding a bubble of water to the Hudson River and follows the Hudson to North River.

He said one guide was with the "small" group, and he was awaiting further details on what happened.

"It's a tragedy," Cunningham said.

He said State Police interviewed him, but he had not talked with Fay and did not know he had been charged and jailed until a Post-Star reporter informed him.

Cunningham said Fay began working as a guide for his company this spring, passed the guide's test and had taken about 20 trips.

More information will be posted when it becomes available.

The prosecution is not the first of Cunningham's staff for a rafting mishap. Cunningham and one of his guides were charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment in 2010, though charges against the guide were dismissed.

It was unclear what became of the charges against Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Drowning on the Hudson yesterday. Well, actually on the Indian and the body was recovered 5 miles downstream on the Hudson. If this is the guide I'm thinking of, well, I can't really say I'm surprised.

I heard a bunch of rumors last night but didn't quite get the details confirmed. The Post Star just did an article about it.

http://poststar.com/news/local/polic...a4bcf887a.html

INDIAN LAKE -- A woman drowned Thursday during a whitewater rafting trip on the Indian and Hudson rivers and the guide who led the trip was charged with criminally negligent homicide, according to State Police.

Tamara F. Blake, 53, of Columbus, Ohio, was pronounced dead after she was thrown from a raft at 10:20 a.m., according to State Police.

State Police said Blake fell in the water in the Indian River, and her body was recovered about 5 miles downstream in the Hudson River. She was pronounced dead where she was recovered.

The guide who was piloting the raft, Rory K. Fay, 37, of North Creek was charged with criminally negligent homicide, according to State Police.

State Police said he was "intoxicated" and that a passenger with Blake steered the group's raft to shore after the accident.

He was sent to Hamilton County Jail for lack of bail.

Police said Fay, Blake and Richard J. Clar, 53, of Columbus, Ohio were on the raft on the Indian River when Blake and Fay were ejected. Clar got the boat to shore and Fay swam to shore.

Clar and Fay walked to Chain of Lakes Road after they got out of the river, but were unable to locate Blake.

A State Police helicopter was used to search the river, and the helicopter crew located Blake. It was unclear if she was wearing a personal flotation device.

Patrick Cunningham, the owner of Hudson River Rafting Co., said the person was on a trip guided by his company and Fay worked for his company.

The trips start on the Indian River, riding a bubble of water to the Hudson River and follows the Hudson to North River.

He said one guide was with the "small" group, and he was awaiting further details on what happened.

"It's a tragedy," Cunningham said.

He said State Police interviewed him, but he had not talked with Fay and did not know he had been charged and jailed until a Post-Star reporter informed him.

Cunningham said Fay began working as a guide for his company this spring, passed the guide's test and had taken about 20 trips.

More information will be posted when it becomes available.

The prosecution is not the first of Cunningham's staff for a rafting mishap. Cunningham and one of his guides were charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment in 2010, though charges against the guide were dismissed.

It was unclear what became of the charges against Cunningham.
    major suckage. death of summer, praying that's the last "summer" death. No excuses in losing a client up there.

With the flakes and the bad news, I'm in for ECRCVI - Come out and Playayay or the difference between snowmen and MAGGOTS. I'm sure Laser has a good one up his sleeve too.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

wow what a shame ... stupid ass was drunk while guiding???? did i read that right

Hope all has a great weekend.....enjoy................................. .
    always forward but never straight

On the way out of the city after making the obligatory Katz's Deli stop for pastrami, I saw this truck parked on the side of the street. it's a sign..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-28 10.55.46.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	121411
    Silent....but shredly.

Like us on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/EasternSnowAndAvalancheWorkshop

(Even better though would be to register so that we have a rough idea of head count for setting up the meeting space.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Liking the looks of this!

Giddeee up!

The Passion is in the Risk

^^^ where is that prediction from?

Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    Lynchy made that himself in MS Paint

Reaaly murky around here today [and yesterday] with the slightest stirring of the leaves, cannot see Steins out the lr windows.

Fuller Hill looking north yesterday

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    new group of some mets running a fb profile (apparently in all caps just like NWS):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-E...16340155055468

i wanna know what the red line is????!!!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Huh..i gotta take a look. Red line must be storm track? I really only trust LH anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post

i wanna know what the red line is????!!!
    That's the "Dalton Line". Best snow is usually within a 5-10 mile radius...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^^ "There will be awesomeness somewhere north of this line"

Happy weekend all!!
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Well that just plain sucks, ski options within 5-10 miles of that redline look to suck
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Thought that was the TC Cloud?

The red line has been in the news lately something to with Iran I think . . . politicians.

Not bad for MS Paint huh? This was my graphic design school project.

What are the chances though? Paging LH to the snow prediction forecast hotline . . .
    The Passion is in the Risk

I must suck at failbook, because I don't see anything about snow tonight.

I did see this thing being pawned online, looks pretty sweet:

http://easternalpine.org/eag/guide.html
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Well that just plain sucks, ski options within 5-10 miles of that redline look to suck
    At the time this map was generated, I was sailing offshore. The line moves and can be tracked in real time using the apple "teh cloud" app.

New England Weather Works... that's Jer