Page 281 of 396 FirstFirst ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 9892
    jgb@etree Guest
    Wow. Those pics of MRG are depressing. I'm almost afraid to go up to Magic this weekend.

Looks like I should get moving planning a quick trip out to Utah since the EC is pretty much shot...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    And do I win anything for post number 7000?!
    yea, please turn off the lights and make sure the door's locked. this thread is closed for the (way to early arrival of) summer

(but in all seriousness do hope enough money was made by those in VT...those businesses deserved a much more abundant winter after last spring and summer's all-too-abundant waters!)

i hate to say it but i almost miss the ice. at least it was cold and wasn't going anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Wow. Those pics of MRG are depressing. I'm almost afraid to go up to Magic this weekend.

Looks like I should get moving planning a quick trip out to Utah since the EC is pretty much shot...
    Was thinking the same thing.. will be heading out i think the weekend after easter......yes depressing to say the least of the photo's of mrg....
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Was thinking the same thing.. will be heading out i think the weekend after easter......yes depressing to say the least of the photo's of mrg....
    Let the exodus begin. I'll be out there the week of March 26th. Still hoping for a few more lift served days back home though, maybe at Sugarloaf.

One ticket to Burke, Two tickets to MRG, and one ticket to Magic, Free. PM me and hopefully we can work out a way to get them to you. I also have some 2 for 1's to Jay.

I fly to http://wallowahuts.com/norway.php on Friday for 10 days (only 5 at the huts). Doubt anywhere but maybe Jay, Smuggs, Wildcat, and the Loaf are open by my return and I'll want to ski Washington. Meanwhile, the forecast for the Wallowa's looks like this

This Afternoon: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. Low around 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow showers. High near 34. Windy, with a south southwest wind between 25 and 33 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow showers. Low around 21. Windy, with a south southwest wind between 21 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Friday: Snow showers. High near 29. Southwest wind around 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow. Low around 14. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy and breezy, with a high near 22. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 14.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 21.

Sunday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 11.

Monday: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday Night: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Up to 46" in a couple days with winds that are almost ideal for loading...

STOP SNOWING WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SKI ANYTHING FUN Maybe I can bring some back with me.

i propose a motion to ban all the negative chatter... makes those of us who are out skiing what's been given (or made) and who are tremendously stoked on how good it's been feel like this is no longer a place they can come and hang out... do i have a second?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

^^ umm, you forgot kmart and mt snow. certainly hoping to ski some of that famous manmade base close to home 2 weeks from now (given that the last of natural snow will likely be halfway to the atlantic by then )

looks like an awesome place to be...have fun and be safe.

and yes bring some back, along with sub-freezing overnites!

fuck off petrics

^^ if i was out skiing today, i know i wouldn't wanna come here and hang out - or worry much about the negative chatter for that matter.

i bet i'll feel better tomorrow, but right now those of us away from the mtns have some processing to do.

here's something positive:

oh, it is soooo beautifull out!
    i'm so glad winter never really made life inconvenient this year.
    i didn't use my snow blower once.
    i'm gonna go to the self-serve car wash and then plant some bulbs.
    i can't wait til the mercury hits 80 - maybe before april
    la-la-la-la-la

take your pick

Those bennies pics a few pages back are fucking hardcore LOL....weather is like a pendulum sometimes its really warm sometimes its really cold. You can't do anything about it so might as well enjoy it, shit in a good life you got maybe 80 winters total.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

@tbatt

looks like wright slide was the place to be that weekend. We had some great snow (powder), and beautiful conditions.
    Ski The East

^^^^ I have a feeling that Tbatt's pics were a much different day than that. That would be an impressive micro climate within a 15 mile radius. nice stoke though!

Here is some pure Worth spam, but its a great site and Harvey is an outstanding guy! Thanks dude!

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2012/03/wor...71207463656296

Sunday 70 degree valley temps look prime for a GG harvest or maybe even KR. Will be heading up with a couple of friends if anyone wants to meet up.
    Last edited by thin cover; 03-14-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Wow. Those pics of MRG are depressing.
    No shit! Amazing difference from Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    One ticket to Burke, Two tickets to MRG, and one ticket to Magic, Free. PM me and hopefully we can work out a way to get them to you. I also have some 2 for 1's to Jay.

I fly to http://wallowahuts.com/norway.php on Friday for 10 days (only 5 at the huts). Doubt anywhere but maybe Jay, Smuggs, Wildcat, and the Loaf are open by my return and I'll want to ski Washington. Meanwhile, the forecast for the Wallowa's looks like this

This Afternoon: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. Low around 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow showers. High near 34. Windy, with a south southwest wind between 25 and 33 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow showers. Low around 21. Windy, with a south southwest wind between 21 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Friday: Snow showers. High near 29. Southwest wind around 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow. Low around 14. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy and breezy, with a high near 22. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 14.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 21.

Sunday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 11.

Monday: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday Night: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Up to 46" in a couple days with winds that are almost ideal for loading...

STOP SNOWING WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SKI ANYTHING FUN Maybe I can bring some back with me.
    Careful you might choke on it. Pack those Lotus 138's and a snorkel dude! Have fun.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^^ I have a feeling that Tbatt's pics were a much different day than that. That would be an impressive micro climate within a 15 mile radius. nice stoke though!
    High ADK picked up probably 6" Friday night
    Sunday the heater really started cranking. They lost a TON of snow Sunday/Monday. Pics were from Monday.

Going to Massif Du Sud tomorrow. Chance of pow. 2-for-1's

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    i propose a motion to ban all the negative chatter... makes those of us who are out skiing what's been given (or made) and who are tremendously stoked on how good it's been feel like this is no longer a place they can come and hang out... do i have a second?
    I second it.

the training hill at burke is 1150' vertical. you can rail it 12 turns ( much less if your a good skier). it is a fine waste of 90 seconds. you can do it 6 times an hour (much less if your good skier). I only lasted 4 hours and a six pack. peel away corn that you can lay into like thigh deep pow, very entertaining. spring came early, its still a gift, the skiing is great fun, the vibe is stoked at the bar, hard not to smile really. skins take a little longer to dry out, I guess thats kind of annoying.

we'll be killing a box of beer on top of J Sat late afternoon if anyone is interested. only experts and connoissuer's of shitty beer allowed

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    we'll be killing a box of beer on top of J Sat late afternoon if anyone is interested. only experts and connoissuer's of shitty beer allowed
    fkna

time to break out the

if i didn't have a pass elsewhere that i'm trying to get as much good times out of as possible I'd be there
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Spring bumps are good right now . Looks like hunter may have a record early close this year. It was cool to see Glen Plake ripping in full mowhawk mode

Excellent interview, comments and Worth ski stoke over on NYskiblog.

Way to go Worth, and way to go Harv.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

^^^^ Thanks Multi!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post

I am in for the next weekend, I'll bring the box. I owe for you bailing on that tour last week last minute plus we have a demo day going on next weekend at jay. Looking good for weekend presidential run if you want to join Sunday. Don't want to pull you out of your marathon training runs prematurely though.

And thanks multi!! Harvey is stand up dude.

APRIL

COMETH.

all i'm sayin

cheech

p.s. drewbedoo and i may be tracking the absolute redonkey donk outta GG on saturday. we won't be starting up late either. saturday is the day beyond the grooming ma nature style yo.

How did I miss Plake? ....must have been behind me all day.... Good spring conditions, better get on it, fast!

One little pig went in the smoker, go get some.

38.5 base-o-bush, been above freezing from Sunday morning till now, low of 35.3 last night. Only misted here yesterday down low.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime