Page 231 of 396 FirstFirst ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 9892
    My sacrifice to Ullr: A new pair of Line Blends, just mounted tonight, ready to face the hordes of tourons tomorrow. Please please please start snowing.

Yes! PTT!

Last edited by vt_ski; 02-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Send a maggot to AK!

Last week you guys sent a flurry of activity to my entry to the AK heli trip contest and put me back in first place for likes and views. You guys rock! Right now there are about 2 weeks left and I'm just shy of 100 likes. Please take a minute to click the link in my signature to view and like my entry, push me over the 100 mark and give me some distance on the competition. Unfortunately this is not a popular vote contest but hAving lots of likes and views will get my entry noticed.

These are the skis I make and would like to test in AK.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Send a maggot to AK!

Last week you guys sent a flurry of activity to my entry to the AK heli trip contest and put me back in first place for likes and views. You guys rock! Right now there are about 2 weeks left and I'm just shy of 100 likes. Please take a minute to click the link in my signature to view and like my entry, push me over the 100 mark and give me some distance on the competition. Unfortunately this is not a popular vote contest but hAving lots of likes and views will get my entry noticed.

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    So what time works for everyone? I was thinking around 10am? That good for you, Rog?
    i'd like to surf for a coupla hours before or after the ride if conditions warrant, so 10am would be perfect. 2.5-4 hours riding should be good, yes?:

willowdale or HP? expect to be spitting up bloody phlegm if we ride willowdale. place is good for maxing the HR.

NICE TO SEE YOU TODAY STRAWJACK!!!

rog

Holy crap. Why am I so late in finding out about this? The next morning will be tough skiing..

Friday, March 23, 2012 at The Rusty Nail

GZA of the Wu-Tang Clan
    w/ Lynguistic Civilians, The Aztext, 2ND Agenda, Boomslang
    $20 Advance | $25 Day of Show
    Advance tickets available : http://bit.ly/wGRqkX
    https://www.facebook.com/events/228965773854565/
    Last edited by vt_ski; 02-17-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post

Vinman, if i did this correctly i believe i also told like the 3 people who ever see my facebook page to ding you too
    good luck
    sick looking boards
    andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Saw all of the precursors of the coming apocalypse, multiple teens skiing backwards on the groomers, full gorilla steeze with no poles, the "bottle rocket" [both hands at waist slightly behind the hips, poles pointing back never moving and the tail gun swivel] and packs of 8-14 kooks, well kooking. Dad and 2 sons, skis in hand stop at the end of the corral side by side and throw their skis down holding everyone up as they start to bang off their boots . I skied over dads tips, got scanned and boarded.
    Ahh yes, the harbingers of doom... Saw a few fully steezed out teens at MRG today.. always funny to see that, since it seems like they couldn't be more polar opposites of what that place is all about.
    Speaking of MRG, honestly, I wouldn't recommend it for the weekend. The groomed was already getting pretty scrapy/icy towards the end of the day with the slightly higher skier traffic, and the non-groomed was essentially survival skiing. Still, fun was had and some nice (and quiet!!) turns were had.

Oh, and I think my half full glass is leaking...
    Wish the Laurentians were closer (or I didn't have an interview on tuesday, then I'd just jet north...)

Also, Vin, those skis are beauties!!
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Home now, my last Jay day for a while.

It was a surprise "powder" day at Jay today. JPR reported 1" this morning and I too woke up to the drip-drip-drip down in the lowlands. Not a good sign considering I had coerced non-mag Steve to drive over from NH for the day. Well, wind and altitude cooperated and that inch became up to 6" in some spots. Like the lower Goat, of all places. After an awesome run in fresh cream cheese on River Quai, we were greeted by 4" of velvet over cord on the old Goat and only a few sets of tracks ahead of us. Let 'er rip. The only thing more fun was me getting first tracks on Can Am in similar conditions to yesterday. Very surfy.

Steve finds a surprise berm on the Green Beret. This was about 10:30 and there was one set of tracks before us.

All I can say to you weekenders is that the tourons don't go where you want to go. There will be some patches left.

Edit: Me finding that one inch is the new foot, a little higher up on GB:
    Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 02-18-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Added another pic
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    ...Vin, those skis are beauties!!
    2nd that, man, those are gorgeous!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    ...the "bottle rocket" [both hands at waist slightly behind the hips, poles pointing back never moving and the tail gun swivel]
    hahahaha that's a good one!

I must say, reading your post this morning driving up, and pulling into the muddy lot at Ellen set my expectations very low, but I had a really great day, one of the tops of the season for just all day fun! Couple inches of cream cheese does wonders. soft bumps and groomers everywhere...

Have fun this weekend everyone!

Let me know if you need a guest designer. I have some ideas on ski design running around in my head...

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    hahahaha that's a good one!

I must say, reading your post this morning driving up, and pulling into the muddy lot at Ellen set my expectations very low, but I had a really great day, one of the tops of the season for just all day fun! Couple inches of cream cheese does wonders. soft bumps and groomers everywhere...

Have fun this weekend everyone!
    Only the lower 250' vert was wet, softness abounded higher up. Made for some surprizingly good turns.

2 1/4" fresh pow pow this morning, 27.7` calm and quiet.

Get out early, before de locusts clog the trails

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Web cams at smuggs have shown falling snow most of the night. Tough to judge accumulation from them but it looks like a couple inches maybe.

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    Wow. Absolutely beautiful sticks! The funny thing to me is the name "whiteroom" and that you ski Smuggs. Have you worked in the ski school there? I only ask because the main meeting room for the kid's ski school is also called the White Room. Or.. of course, it may just be a naming coincidence. Whatever the case.. I'm loving the wood tops.

Was surprised by conditions this morning. Managed to never cross a track and ski some nice consistent cream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1329583244.288589.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	110469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1329583267.190396.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	110470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1329583613.820958.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	110471  

Wow what a surprise on snow conditions today. Great snow in-bounds and really good OB. the base was firm but with some give without the bullet proof crusty feel of the last few weeks.

I don't work at smuggs, on ski there, purely naming coincidence.

WhiteRoom Skis

Flurries in the CV, looks like it's pretty socked in up at da Bowl.

Snowing as hard as it has all season here now...

Skied MRG today, the main trails were getting scrapped off but if you searched a little harder you could find some fresh. Has anyone been up to Jay lately? I was wondering how the woods were near Jay? My friend was gonna show me around monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Yeah, Sunday. And I'm also free all day. So I'll leave it is up to Rog, Crank, and Buttah to decide what time we want to ride.
    The hell with skiing. Is this still going down?

apparently the belleayre lifties walked out today.

from bell:

Belleayre Mountain
    Belleayre Mountain would like to thank Windham Mountain, Chip Seamans and Louis Caruso for coming to our aid today on behalf of the Belleayre patrons, employees and the Belleayre Region Lodging and Tourism Association members. We would like to add a special mention of thanks to Ted Blazer for his offer of support. And mostly would like to thank our amazing customers for their patience and understanding. We assure you Belleayre Mountain will be in complete operation for the holiday week.
    Like · · Share · 5 hours ago ·
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sounds like they got sick of the lack of snow too.

A film or more on the ground in Midd. If 40 is the new 30 and 50 the new 40 can a film be the new foot?

POWDER DAY tomorrow!

To echo Sequ and Vin, very fun day out there today...amazing what a few new inches and some wind can do to freshen things up in a day. Spent the day exploring off the LT and in the notch and found a bunch of new (to me anyway) lines which were basically untracked.

Sequ, nice to meet you this morning, sorry we didn't cross paths again during the day. I have a few pics that I haven't checked out yet and will post later if any of them are worthy.

Vin, saw someone skiing on your sticks today, beautiful is the best word I can come up with to describe them.

Bottle, while it was not exactly full on whiteroom conditions, the skiing today was exceptionally good. notch OB delivered again, if you put I the effort to go find the 2 new inches today on top of the 2 new inches from yesterday you could find nice consistent, untracked and soft snow to ski with a semi-firm, non crusty base.

I had a guy stop me in the lot this morning to ask about my skis and weather I though I was being optimistic skiing a ski that wide... I just kind of chuckled and said they float just as nice
    in 2 inches as they do in 12.

WhiteRoom Skis

FD yeah there are 3 pair floating, pun intended, around smuggs. All three pair were in attendance today.

WhiteRoom Skis