Page 191 of 396 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 9892
    Do Work and HA hiking to the "goods". The good news, we are set up for full on charging if it ever snows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327774328.787708.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	108844  

^^^ I think I recognize that spot...

Taking a break from splitting this weekend, playing hockey and going to the gym instead.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    Do Work and HA hiking to the "goods". The good news, we are set up for full on charging if it ever snows.
    Yea the base is set up nice, a few inches here and there and no more rain and its back to business. Even though today was crustastic it was still fun, had a entire gang of mags at one point....

shots sequoiashan took today.

Grubbers: you looking for split bindings by any chance? or you all set up already?

Lynch: " The Vape Cloud"

^^^^ hey! Not half bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Anyone get up to the Bowl today (Weasel?!) - I've been in NYC and head cold Hell for two weeks now and I need me some snow.
    Not as yet....not sure if I will get up there today. Maybe tomorrow morning Bailey skin with toddler on the back and dog running circles.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

SPAM: Worth brand launch Saturday, Feb. 25th at the Snow Bowl. We will be there with the demos, come on up and play!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Wait are you for real? The guys who waxes poetic about the catskills being great skiing all day long and post pics of the webcams trying to convince us? Like its some big surprise there is not much snow down there when its been a northern snow fall year. I think we all percieve fun differently. Dont be all sandy cause its been snowing more up here than your cats or the bush dood! Or that you are stuck in urban hell and make weekly phone calls to me on why you cant figure a way to move to ski land. I'll go ski some fresh snow now while you coach from tight jeans Queens you queen!
    Just in case you've missed Plattekill, $15 tickets! Valid through the end of March

http://wicz.incentrev.com/detail/8GXD61JM0CD5EF25D08

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Grubbers: you looking for split bindings by any chance? or you all set up already?
    Looking to get a set fairly soon, what do you have?

Just put a Jones Solution down on layaway at the Alpine Shop. They are on sale for $640 so I had to jump on it while they still had a 161 in stock. They've still got a 164 Solution and a Hovercraft split, along with a selection of Jones solids. I'm now broke until the next paycheck/tax return comes in though, wish I had gotten the split before I had picked up some new hockey gear... Hooray for ramen noodles!
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Damn, nice deal grubbers...I'm kind of wishing I hadn't seen this, must resist driving over there now! As much as I would love to grab a hover split I think I'd get more use out of a mtn twin, especially so far this season, and it would be a better compliment to my flagship. Do they have all the jj decks on sale or just specific models?

My guess is that the solids are on sale if the splits are. Looked like they are having a shop-wide mid-winter sale right now. Didn't look at anything else as I just went straight to the splits to see if the 161 was still in stock. Had no plans to buy it today, but once I saw the price and heard that I could put it on layaway I think I just blacked out and took the credit card out.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

thanks for the pkill link tbatt. def buying my limit of those (a guys gotta dream, right?)

and TC, there is a little more to NYC than "urban hell" (like "culture" and "girls with shaved armpits") though this winter living down south has presented "challenges".

Sweet Platt tix deal. Thanks for posting.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    My guess is that the solids are on sale if the splits are. Looked like they are having a shop-wide mid-winter sale right now. Didn't look at anything else as I just went straight to the splits to see if the 161 was still in stock. Had no plans to buy it today, but once I saw the price and heard that I could put it on layaway I think I just blacked out and took the credit card out.
    I am definitely having thoughts of doing the same right now. I'd have to hide it from the wifey though, if she saw another board in the house I think I might be in need of a place to stay for a few days, or more!

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Sweet Platt tix deal. Thanks for posting.
    yeah but what do they mean by "If used on weekday, no cash or credit will be issued back"? i am confused by this.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    yeah but what do they mean by "If used on weekday, no cash or credit will be issued back"? i am confused by this.
    Prolly a boilerplate, goes in the same file as tax and gratuity not included.
    Silent....but shredly.

If anyone has some kids to entertain with a little scavenger hunt game, and wants to give them a free iPod shuffle:

I burried one somewhere in the snowpack of Cannon Mountain.
    That should keep them entertained for hours!
    Skiing made me Board

My son and I headed up to hermit lake to ski down the sherburne today. We couldn't find him skins in time so he hiked up in snowshoes and I skinned. Unfortunately with the "mixed precipitation" the sherburne was a mix of chopped crust and slick hard snow. Still, it was a great day for his first time "backcountry" skiing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327801240.309805.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	108880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327801272.787552.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	108881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327801294.889927.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	108882  
    on the send bus to gnar town

Quote Originally Posted by Breakwater View Post
    If anyone has some kids to entertain with a little scavenger hunt game, and wants to give them a free iPod shuffle:

I burried one somewhere in the snowpack of Cannon Mountain.
    That should keep them entertained for hours!
    Where did you find enough snow on cannon to bury anything? The freaking knob is a glacier.
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    Where did you find enough snow on cannon to bury anything? The freaking knob is a glacier.
    Well, If I told you that would ruin the fun of the game!
    But the good thing is, if your kids find it, there's no condition issues. It should be fully preserved in the manmade concrete.
    Skiing made me Board

Quote Originally Posted by DEVO View Post
    My son and I headed up to hermit lake to ski down the sherburne today. We couldn't find him skins in time so he hiked up in snowshoes and I skinned. Unfortunately with the "mixed precipitation" the sherburne was a mix of chopped crust and slick hard snow. Still, it was a great day for his first time "backcountry" skiing.
    devo
    how old is he? how did the shoes work out for him? (thinking of my 13yrold)

Mmmm... good coffee and bacon, about to head up to the hill. The lady and I went to the Alchemist last night for the brown/black event and it was great - felt just like walking into the old bar, same post-ski vibe. Hopefully they can do more 'events' like this in the future, but they have to purchase a permit for them so it may only be a couple of times a year. Still, it was cool having a full pint at the cannery.
    Big ski week coming up - only two days left at my current place of employment before starting in a new direction. Off monday + thursday to Sunday. I'll be skiing every day, pm me and let's make some turns.

I've been out of VT for the last 1.5 weeks playing hockey but it sounds like there's no reason to come back? Apparently the snow around my house is nice corn but I'm assuming that=ice on the groomers
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I've been out of VT for the last 1.5 weeks playing hockey but it sounds like there's no reason to come back? Apparently the snow around my house is nice corn but I'm assuming that=ice on the groomers
    Look at the bright side with all the hockey practice you should be good on the hills. Pick a mtn and you can prob start a pickup game while your out there. Last weekend at the bush i wish I had my skates on to come down organgrinder.

Quote Originally Posted by acaffrey View Post
    devo
    how old is he? how did the shoes work out for him? (thinking of my 13yrold)
    He's 12 The shoes worked out good. They're a smaller size. But to be honest, he didn't really need them. The trail was pretty broken in by the time we got there and the crust on the trail was all broken up. He could have got by with just his boots and some of those rubber traction things. Next time he'll be on Trekkers/skins.
    on the send bus to gnar town

If any of you are friends with a Killington season pass holder here's a pretty good deal.

Season Pass Holders
    Invite up to two guests per day starting Sunday, January 29 continuing through Sunday, February 12 and your guests can enjoy skiing or riding for only $49. To get this sweet deal, simply bring your two guests to any open ticket window and present your season pass. This offer is valid for all ages and all Killington season pass types on all days in the offer.

Spent yesterday hammering the bumps. After the rain and ice storm this past week, speed control in the bumps becomes a little more difficult.

Every day spent outside is a good one, and focusing on the technical aspects of good skiing is just as fun as pow sometimes. At least that's what I convince myself during a snowless winter.
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".