Page 185 of 396 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 9892
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    And ML, stop being so un-Patriotic... we love the snow!

True, true BD - we love driving to Foxboro for snow football and the boys love playing in it! I was as psyched driving to the old stadium for this game as I am driving to the hill when its covered in deep fresh powder!

Logged onto weather.com a bit ago to check the Lincoln NH forecast for the weekend and found a nice story about the Alchemist find it here: Brewery Finds New Way to Serve Community After Irene

Lastly a question - Anyone know of some one on the net like LH or Josh Fox that has the Whites as their primary ski forecast focus?

Thanks in advance - WWC

Quote Originally Posted by whitewoodchuck View Post
    True, true BD - we love driving to Foxboro for snow football and the boys love playing in it! I was as psyched driving to the old stadium for this game as I am driving to the hill when its covered in deep fresh powder!

Logged onto weather.com a bit ago to check the Lincoln NH forecast for the weekend and found a nice story about the Alchemist find it here: Brewery Finds New Way to Serve Community After Irene

Lastly a question - Anyone know of some one on the net like LH or Josh Fox that has the Whites as their primary ski forecast focus?

Thanks in advance - WWC
    http://www.mountwashington.org/weath...t_forecast.php

I always assumed that MWOBS was why LH never forecasted for NH.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    http://www.mountwashington.org/weath...t_forecast.php

I always assumed that MWOBS was why LH never forecasted for NH.
    Fine folks at MWOBS, their high summits forecast has been on my regular watch list for a long time. LH & Josh add a bit more ski specific content that I hoped to find specific to NH, but to be fair to LH he does include both Whites and Maine in his blog entries when appropriate.

Already a dusting on the ground here.. Wind seems to have picked up also.. LH is saying possible 6-8 for Jay Friday night and 3-5 for Stowe, Bolton, MRV...

Nice^^^ yeah snowing pretty hard. Smuggs tomorrow and maybe a tour Saturday up on the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Already a dusting on the ground here.. Wind seems to have picked up also.. LH is saying possible 6-8 for Jay Friday night and 3-5 for Stowe, Bolton, MRV...
    Nice. That may be enough to make a drive for . . . let me work on the pass. Would be great to make some turns with you Cats before you head off on the world tour. Maggot rally at Jay? Tour sounds good too!
    Last edited by lynchdogger; 01-26-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Nice. That may be enough to make a drive for . . . let me work on the pass. Would be great to make some turns with you Cats before you head off the world tour. Maggot rally at Jay? Tour sounds good too!
    You day tripping this weekend? Going up solo?

If it stays all snow up there I wouldn't mind hooking up for the drive. Would be up for smuggs/touring/jay(if I can score a cheap ticket)

Last edited by awf170; 01-26-2012 at 08:00 PM.

1 1/16" here, no ice.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    You day tripping this weekend? Going up solo?

If it stays all snow up there I wouldn't mind hooking up for the drive. Would be up for smuggs/touring/jay(if I can score a cheap ticket)
    Right on. Unfortunately have corporate sales meeting all day tomorrow in MA otherwise would be on the road tomorrow. Still working on pass but looking better . . . Any chance you can stay over for a 2 fer? Prefer to tour and possibly try and hook up with TC and HA in the notch or wherever.

Anyone have any EC tickets they don't think they're going to get around to use this year? Looking for Bush especially, Magic, and the usual (Huntah!).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    First skin I would go for the Sherby or somewhere that you can get out of quickly. Take him up into the base of the bowl just so he can see the Gnar. Another fun first "BC" experience is to go off the back of Wildcat into the Jackson CC trails. No skinning required. How long of a skin are you looking for? I have some other suggestions, but they are longer. PM me for details.
    Is skinning allowed on the sherbie? I always thought it was purely for downhill, and tuckerman ravine trail was for the uphill

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Anyone have any EC tickets they don't think they're going to get around to use this year? Looking for Bush especially, Magic, and the usual (Huntah!).
    I have four bush twofers, that I will no doubt need to use at some point this year... (and four Jay 2fers, too.)

Maybe Borat will host a summit at SB if we ever get enough snow?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by oldirty View Post
    Is skinning allowed on the sherbie? I always thought it was purely for downhill, and tuckerman ravine trail was for the uphill
    You are correct. It's hazardous, and it tracks it up more than it has to. Skinning up the TRT is really good too, it's packed daily and is never too steep, 1850' goes by pretty quickly on it.

ML that cat video gave me a stitch. Too funneh!!

IMO the Montre@l urban shredding needs a little more base after the melties. But up North, the Laurentians there are, how to say, verry niiice...

Hope the storm does not wreck things south of here. Those who have to drive tomorrow, be careful!!

WTF is this shit falling from the sky?
    Not amused.

Looks like I'll be doing homework rather than skiiing before work tomorrow.

Woke up at 1:47 to the sound of sleet hitting the window, 1 3/4" snow. A check of the new snowpack at 5 am shows rain/freezing rain fell creating wet snow light crust. Sleet now falling with an overall total of 2 1/4". Wish da lifts still opened at 8 am as it would be good before teh rain arrives. Oh, and the wind.

On another note our very own NmbrdDays appears on the back page of the Valley Reporter in a photo taken by mandy faces on Friday.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

woke up a 5:30, saw 5cm of new snow on the ground... still falling.
    Finished to pack my gear, fed the dog, started to clear the snow on the car and it was now freezing rain
    ... I guess I'll be at work earlier today !

^^^

Anyone got a gun? Bummer. The only thing going to help me thru today's corporate brainwash session was the fact that I might ski pow tomorrow. Damn. Not sounding good.

But the TC cloud effect is still possible and there is snow on the backside of this . . .
    What ya been cooking TC . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Woke up at 1:47 to the sound of sleet hitting the window, 1 3/4" snow. A check of the new snowpack at 5 am shows rain/freezing rain fell creating wet snow light crust. Sleet now falling with an overall total of 2 1/4". Wish da lifts still opened at 8 am as it would be good before teh rain arrives. Oh, and the wind.

On another note our very own NmbrdDays appears on the back page of the Valley Reporter in a photo taken by mandy faces on Friday.
    I was on the fence for this weekend. Head up for the weekend or go see Motörhead and Megadeath. Hearing the R word, it looks like the Gigantour catches the edge this week. At least we got some BDay pow last week. This weather is lame!

That was a great day and I made the paper! Ha, if you can hang onto a copy of that I'm curious which pic they used.

Wow, so this sucks. I really need to stop looking at the weather.

TC make room in the ski bag. I'm climbing in for Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    I was on the fence for this weekend. Head up for the weekend or go see Motörhead and Megadeath. Hearing the R word, it looks like the Gigantour catches the edge this week. At least we got some BDay pow last week. This weather is lame!

That was a great day and I made the paper! Ha, if you can hang onto a copy of that I'm curious which pic they used.
    Same pic you posted the other day, I'll save it. Have fun at teh Megadeth show, I am looking to go to Glens Falls next week, Bucket, you up for it?

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

not that anyone gives a rat's ass what's happening in S. CT but along the coast today it'll approach 60 degrees

holy sausage fest!
    a double bill of dinosaur metal in Glens Falls.
    prolly be what, twenty girls there?
    please take pics.
    nothing more depressing than 'metal heads' trying to keep the dream alive.
    are you going to wear black t-shirts?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Buttah slaying me. But guess we call can't be free loving hippies. Cept for early wood.... Who picked a good season to stop skiing

Smuggs- saying 3-5, which usually means 6-8. I am sure it's a sloppy mess but going to head up and see what's going on. Hope they let me load mid station Madonna....

Tonight still holding promise, just need a few degrees.

oh yeah, I have a new screen name.