Page 184 of 396 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 9892
    Looking at the radar right now and it seems like the weather is rallying tonight for the Northeast. NOAA is saying the precipitation should be mostly of the blue shade over the next few days too, from the cats into VT. I'd love to see areas in the Plattekill to Hickory to Magic to everywhere else zone gain some real base. I wanna ride those pomas, ski those trees, and stomp those drops.

I also don't want to jinx it or get my hopes up, but Josh Fox is saying that the pattern is going to change after the Giants win the Super Bowl, and it will bring us massive snow and cold air. Unfortunately, if the Pats win we all have to start saving for passes next year and Northern Vermont gets its own satellite DisneyTown.

So basically, it's a real battle between good and evil here.

The good news is I got around to splicing up some really not gnar POV from last weekend. My GF is getting after it at the end on those Marcy's, I think, for a beginner. The songs are by Superchunk and then Deerhunter, two good bands for cruising.

So, turn it up to 5 or 6 and live a little.

p.s. I don't really care about football at all, just messing with you New Englanders. But it's a good thing baseball season is pretty far away

Maybe I should just pull a rog and buy a surfboard the ocean is awfully close........

ml blog audi quattro.
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 01-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Nice job jinxing us douchebag ^^jk . NWS Fo'cast sucks teh rod.

"ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES...ALONG WITH
    ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS EVENING...AND
    TRANSITION TO A MIX OF SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BY FRIDAY
    MORNING. RAIN AND POCKETS OF FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE INTO
    FRIDAY BEFORE TAPERING TO RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS FRIDAY EVENING.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS EXPECTED WITH SIGNIFICANT
    ICING POSSIBLE. THIS MAY LEAD TO TREE AND POWERLINE DAMAGE
    RESULTING IN SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES."

Most significant ice accum. east of the greens, probably means Thin Cover will get 7-10" and unicorn fart topper.

Looking forward to February
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

VT-F, don't be so un-optimistic:

And ML, stop being so un-Patriotic... we love the snow!

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

The rudeness epitomizing it all for the EC Call!!! Love that shot!

I'm doing my part tp unjinx as I just agreed to visit Washington and see the wife this weekend rather than ski. It should snow now just to spite me. I'm just hoping to build up enough goodwill so that she'll come here for the rest of the ski season and I don't have to miss any weekends once the inevitable dumpage starts coming...

ullr forbid, but if you guys need to head north to avoid rains and crusts.. i can give some reports/tips

Rudeness, I would really like to ski up there with you Quebecois one day. I always appreciate the stoke, that stuff from Mont Royal was epic last year.

VTF: They're calling for 3-7" of snow and sleet now before tomorrow morning at 3K. This storm is going to deliver some creamy hero coarse turns! Also, you still get it to yourself tomorrow morning so the AZ'ers can't say they skied untracked "pow".

barely music, but what these guys did to this chicks dating video is pure genius:

Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 01-26-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Devo-

Mittersill is looking really bare....some areas had some blown in stuff on Monday but it was getting real grassy and rocky....we need a big snow.
    cannon is f'd unfortunately. the only place there is snow is under the guns. thankfully they had them blowing yesterday 'cause i wouldn't have lasted otherwise. that last snow had no water content and shrank to about an inch then the rain and big melt. what a difference a yr makes. damn! come on weather!!!!

i wouldn't skin up mitti when the hill is open (and i don't mean the chair)...ur bound to get run over by someone rippin down around a corner. i would consider hitting up an old closed down hill. it's perfect for a new skinner.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    ullr forbid, but if you guys need to head north to avoid rains and crusts.. i can give some reports/tips
    I've had my eye on Le Massif for years now. Fill us in on that place!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Nice job jinxing us douchebag ^^jk . NWS Fo'cast sucks teh rod.

"ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES...ALONG WITH
    ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS EVENING...AND
    TRANSITION TO A MIX OF SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BY FRIDAY
    MORNING. RAIN AND POCKETS OF FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE INTO
    FRIDAY BEFORE TAPERING TO RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS FRIDAY EVENING.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS EXPECTED WITH SIGNIFICANT
    ICING POSSIBLE. THIS MAY LEAD TO TREE AND POWERLINE DAMAGE
    RESULTING IN SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES."

Most significant ice accum. east of the greens, probably means Thin Cover will get 7-10" and unicorn fart topper.

Looking forward to February
    Your NOAA has been way off all season. 1-3 have been 6-10's, sleet has been snow, snow has been sleet etc. you live here if it snows there ski there, if it snows here come ski here, super simple. Stop being so despondent dude! I think your AO has gone negative brah!

Ml thanks for the update. We need creamy, not blower. I would take 6 inches of bb's, that stuff skis fkna

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    I think your AO has gone negative brah!
    Is that good or bad? I can never keep all these indices (that's right - plural of index) straight... Man I miss LH around these parts.

Crank, that's definitely good - the AO being super positive is what had all of the west (and maybe the east?) warm and dry... Right around when the AO went negative, it started dumping on me out in Jackson (55" cycle, woot woot!).
    Looks like the NAO is at least going to neutral, and that's a start. My understanding is that when the NAO goes negative, that's good news for the EC.

Of course, it's all a lot more complicated than just looking at a few of these teleconnections, and that's why I'm just gonna rely on the TC effect this weekend
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

if you're into mont-royal and marginal EC ski stoke, you can check my blog too (not only mine but i'm the only one posting about skiing)

http://daggedout.tumblr.com/post/164...ebec-is-fickle

le massif is great, but pricey, full of powder hounds and THEY MEASURE FROM THE TOP! but yeah, it's a great place.

the jackpot for this storm may be the http://www.massifdusud.net/ it opens tomorrow, it's been closed all week. a bit closer to you guys (kinda)

this storm should also fill in the chic chocs quite nicely

Nice POV ML

my fingers are crossssssed!!!!! going to be cranking the refresh button in the AM til TC or VT send us some reports..

you guys

looking like pretty significant loss on pkills webcam. that and hickory not even opening yet is starting to get to me. that songify thing is hilarious ML^^. i'll stick the radar in here as a public service: think BLUE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bgm_None_anim.gif 
Views:	28 
Size:	449.4 KB 
ID:	108732  

I think this coming mess is just what we need to knock the brush down and give us a real base. It could be interesting, it could be good but at least it will end in a gain instead of the other precipitation type. But like TC said. You'll never know until you go" I'll be there.

^^^^3 inches of ice would sure make it easy to slice those whips down and break branches with elbow throws. I will be there with you. I was getting used to functioning and getting work done, lets see what this system brings.

agreed seq....i won't complain if it drops enough dry stuff to ski pow

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^^3 inches of ice would sure make it easy to slice those whips down and break branches with elbow throws. I will be there with you. I was getting used to functioning and getting work done, lets see what this system brings.
    Maybe I should break out the old pole and shin guards 3" of ice, might need the 3 degree side bevels too.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    3" of ice, might need the 3 degree side bevels too.
    Is there another type??

So in summation, as long as the TCO stays positive - its all good? I can live with that.

Besides, the odds of the TC oscillator turning negative are less than zero

The last thing VT needs right now is an ice storm. Its not like nature pours some nice coating of magic shell on the precious ski base and avoids the trees, roofs and powerlines.

Off to the Husky dealer now for a gallon of bar oil and hoping I don't have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    So in summation, as long as the TCO stays positive - its all good? I can live with that.

Besides, the odds of the TC oscillator turning negative are less than zero
    Head hurting...

My answer, basically we're fuct when he goes to Japan.

Went to go check the weather and what do I see on weather.com but an article about the Alchemist...pretty cool.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weath...-01-25?sab=279

I'm not really expecting an ice storm like 98 or whenever that was. At least not where I am. We'll just have to wait and see. Afterall it's not like the forecasts have been accurate this year. We'll get what we get and deal. This is Vermont.