Page 183 of 396 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 9892
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    While I didn't make it out to Crystal, I wanted to give a shout out to Chris and Matt for showing me around Magic this weekend.

Great people and great mountain. Can't wait to make it back up again!

-Smarty
    Hey man, glad you had a blast and sorry I had to take off, got roped into moving snow guns around with the Ops Crew. Next time hopefully we'll have some more snow and be able to explore more!

Akok/TC congrats guys, that's a great pic and it's always nice to see familiar faces taking over awesome places

Also, Rdhenns, you are one artsy editor. Nice work man, I usually get bored and stop watching when people make you watch nothing happen for a while but your use of the dolly and creative focus/cuts keeps me totally interested. Keep up the great work man!

Tons of great stuff in here to keep me from focusing on actual work despite this shithole weather continuously trying to kill my stokeboner. LOVIN IT! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Assuming I can find some skins for my 12yr old by this weekend, anyone have any suggestions for his first skin/ski? Somewhere besides a ski resort. Cog or the Sherburne maybe? We are a little far from N. central VT for a day trip, so was thinking MWV area maybe. After watching Rdennhs vid now thinking maybe mittersill (great edit btw). Not enough snow after this weeks weather?

Anyone have any skins they want to get rid of that I can cut down to fit a 139 Mantra jr??
    on the send bus to gnar town

if anyone is headed north this weekend and goes through nashua NH pm me if you think you may be able to pick something up at a ski shop for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVO View Post
    Assuming I can find some skins for my 12yr old by this weekend, anyone have any suggestions for his first skin/ski? Somewhere besides a ski resort. Cog or the Sherburne maybe? We are a little far from N. central VT for a day trip, so was thinking MWV area maybe. After watching Rdennhs vid now thinking maybe mittersill (great edit btw). Not enough snow after this weeks weather?

Anyone have any skins they want to get rid of that I can cut down to fit a 139 Mantra jr??
    I'd skip mittersill until another sizeable storm rolls through. I didn't go over, but a friend of a friend went in on Saturday; he said it was great but definitely did some damage to his skis. Might be worth it, you never know till you're there. Be good to hear first hand what's going on over there.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    if anyone is headed north this weekend and goes through nashua NH pm me if you think you may be able to pick something up at a ski shop for me.
    Possibly. PM coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

80% that I'm heading up to Burlington this weekend and skiing either Jay or Smuggs or both. If so I can grab it.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by DEVO View Post

First skin I would go for the Sherby or somewhere that you can get out of quickly. Take him up into the base of the bowl just so he can see the Gnar. Another fun first "BC" experience is to go off the back of Wildcat into the Jackson CC trails. No skinning required. How long of a skin are you looking for? I have some other suggestions, but they are longer. PM me for details.

good call on the stud's Crank.
    mounted these bad larry's on my old bike today.
    just got back from a two hour session. they are so dope!
    snow refuses to to stick and the bite is tenacious.
    fucking 'hakkapeliitta's for bike's=awesomeness

page top
    from the show i caught on NYE
    check the vocal jam!
    Last edited by buttahflake; 01-25-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

remember the 1" at our respective houses last week? and 10-12" of blower on the mountain, optimize that dood! " this is season's mission statement is you never know until you go"
    I saw the pictures. Does that count for remembering? I remember thinking wtf am I doing at work today. A good ole optimization is always in order where VT weather is concerned. It's easy to get a bit disgruntled from time to time in these parts...especially when missing powder turns for a shit paying, thankless job that's going to make me look more like Jerry than "that guy from the hangover" as the kids like to call me. Keep up the optimizing and I'll see you in lot 1.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    First skin I would go for the Sherby or somewhere that you can get out of quickly. Take him up into the base of the bowl just so he can see the Gnar. Another fun first "BC" experience is to go off the back of Wildcat into the Jackson CC trails. No skinning required. How long of a skin are you looking for? I have some other suggestions, but they are longer. PM me for details.
    Good suggestions, thanks. PM'd
    on the send bus to gnar town

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    I saw the pictures. Does that count for remembering? I remember thinking wtf am I doing at work today. A good ole optimization is always in order where VT weather is concerned. It's easy to get a bit disgruntled from time to time in these parts...especially when missing powder turns for a shit paying, thankless job that's going to make me look more like Jerry than "that guy from the hangover" as the kids like to call me. Keep up the optimizing and I'll see you in lot 1.
    now your making me feel lousy, I was just busting balls. I will say it so we can all rejoice in unison " this winter sucks... a whole fucking lot", so trying to make myself believe its better than it is is almost working, I am a pretty good at bull shitting(optimizing) myself. Better off turning kids away from the streets then skiing dust on crust. Wait for a real storm to jeopardize their futures

Neufox- that would be stellar, let me know. I have another possible avenue as well, thanks beef chalupa.

thanks beef chalupa.
    i'm in. you're welcome theen cover .

^^^ just realized the faux pas, sorry dood! Cool I am going to place the order hoping one of you has the time. If not I will drive and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    good call on the stud's Crank.
    mounted these bad larry's on my old bike today.
    just got back from a two hour session. they are so dope!
    snow refuses to to stick and the bite is tenacious.
    fucking 'hakkapeliitta's for bike's=awesomeness

Yeah, the hakka's are what I was eyeing in the 29" size (all I could find for 29" studs actually). I have used 26" Kenda's the past several seasons, and it's just silly fun on icy trails. Exposed rock faces, not so much.

Got out again yesterday on the new MTB, really really liking it!

Hey, I think it's like January or something, it would be cool if it would snow so we could ski and stuff.

studded tires on winter trails, so much fun

though another warm day here, may not need the studs so much...

Not to interrupt the bike talk channel but I wanted to post this for +vibes+... a Hunter snowmaker passed away last week after a fall. Those guys are so fucking nice, and I always give them a wave and thanks for the hard work they do there... It's just the worst news and really kind of freaky.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/work...t-20120118-akd

There should be a yearly mountain ops appreciation day, everywhere.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Devo-

Mittersill is looking really bare....some areas had some blown in stuff on Monday but it was getting real grassy and rocky....we need a big snow.

Ugh good/ bad news it was my IT Band but I am out for a good two weeks, if it still hurts I have to go back in for an MRI.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

i think that's probably really good news as far as knees go.. just stretch it (once it's not so sore) and using a foam roller really helps too.

buttah: deeluxe tire studs! been using an old scwalbe 700 studded for commuting this week

andddd......laurentian backcountry rugged touring cliff drop, last sunday

Thanks dude!

^^^ LD just saw it, i will try to get them out.

" this is season's mission statement is you never know until you go"
    Thanks TC do what ya can. If too much a pia don't bother. I'll figure it out. Besides the 12 pack let me know what I owe ya if you are able.

And that phrase is how it goes on High George all year. Let's hope Ullr turns on the snow guns.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Not ski stoke, but too funny . . . hit me with that ddiiiiaaaassskkkk.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Not to interrupt the bike talk channel but I wanted to post this for +vibes+... a Hunter snowmaker passed away last week after a fall. Those guys are so fucking nice, and I always give them a wave and thanks for the hard work they do there... It's just the worst news and really kind of freaky.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/work...t-20120118-akd

There should be a yearly mountain ops appreciation day, everywhere.
    Sad news. RIP. The best to family and friends.

Cannot agree more on the appreciation day. I gave huge props to a snowmaker walking down a couple weeks ago at Atticrash. Their efforts made 8-10" bottomless in places. Woot! Unsung heros - especially this year!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post

andddd......laurentian backcountry rugged touring cliff drop, last sunday

FTW!!! Awesome skinny ski stoke!
    Reminds me of before my bro an I discovered alpine gear, jumping off rock drops on our XC gear and breaking stuff. LOL

^word up! one the best pic's of the season.
    excellent stokage, rudeness!
    kanuk's is krazy on karhu's
    crab in my shoe mouth

good eye! karhu dorado's picked up for $40 in the basement of that place in north conway.. ragged mountain?

i'm on a pair of madshus epoch 185.. wish they were still karhus so bad