Page 182 of 396 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 9892
    ML, nice writeup on West, but it's not what I found skiing there. I bought a pass there last year thinking it would be a great place to get in a lot of turns to get in shape. West is 22 minutes from my house so it's really convenient. I only went at night, so can't comment on the woods...in my mind, there was nothing about West that made me want to go back. Lifts were slow, Terrain under the lights was boring, people were unfriendly, and the focus seemed to be on park skiing. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the goods at Magic, but I had to force myself to go to get my investment back.

This weather is killing me...glad to see everyone got their turns in before it went to complete sh*t....

Greg...wow, what a photo..nice capture man!
    Vin- that chute looks REALLY fun...way to get at it fellas
    TC and crew is killing it as well, god damn Smuggs looks (looked) sick!

Got in a few turns at the Mittersill this past weekend, little bit grassy...and lots of shrubs.

Edit: Adrian-TC, HELL Ya!!!!!! congrats on the trail map cover!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    park rat racer?
    You rang?

The GF was super excited about the Worth Marcy's, and asked me to buy her a pair after one run. Her comments, "Predictable + Stable", "Make me a better skier", "I fucking love these, how much are they", and "I've never had such a good time skiing or felt more confident". I'm paraphrasing a bit, but I started to tune her out because I didn't want to talk about her skis anymore. I said to her, "GF, please. We've been talking about your skis and skiing for hours! Can't we talk about our relationship or what your friends are doing this weekend?" I swear. Anyway, she went back to her old (five day old) skis the next day and said they suck. Thanks a lot, guys.

But really, I'd like to get a pair of Worths under my feet at some point. I have that voucher for the Snow Bowl I need to use!

And, if you'll indulge me, I wrote up a little article about West Mountain for the NY Ski Blog. You don't HAVE to click it, but if you do I will make millions of dollars as a famous ski writer.

Seriously, I am really happy with how this came out, I wish I spent a few more days there to really catch the feel of the place. West would be awesome for the big game, too. $3 beers at a ski area. Sweet potato fries. Lots of Carhartt.

Feel free to leave me a comment to let me know that I'm a spammer or awesome. And otherwise I can't give you credit for looking!

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2012/01/wes...-ny-12212.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ML, nice writeup on West, but it's not what I found skiing there. I bought a pass there last year thinking it would be a great place to get in a lot of turns to get in shape. West is 22 minutes from my house so it's really convenient. I only went at night, so can't comment on the woods...in my mind, there was nothing about West that made me want to go back. Lifts were slow, Terrain under the lights was boring, people were unfriendly, and the focus seemed to be on park skiing. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the goods at Magic, but I had to force myself to go to get my investment back.
    Agreed with this. I grew up skiing (snowboarding, actually) at West. Spent lot of nights there. Filled with hooligan teenagers , shit gets stolen ALL the time, lots of sketchy stories about mgmt there. Seems to always be icy. Also have never been in the woods - I'd like to at some point, maybe change my mind about the place, but we'll see.

The park scene actually brought in TONS of business there. The park manager did a lot of awesome things for the place, had a nice competition circuit set up, but he's back in Utah now so their park this year will pretty much be non-existent.

oh, yeah, EFF THAT SPAM ML, WTF IS NYSB!?
    Last edited by tBatt; 01-24-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    I'd like to thank Orange Gondola, PearlJam, NJFree and the rest of the Magic crew for being such good influences on my 7 year old, we are now BOTH grounded by she who must be obeyed for our blatant disregard for roped closures :-)
    Who's got the red helmet and black jacket? I rode up the chair w/ him on Saturday and followed him around a bit.

(I was on 188 BROs/blue Smith helmet)
    Glad to meet ya!

-Smarty

bummed that various circumstances had me not riding this past week, and now the mountains are an ice luge. few inches predicted for this wknd so hopefully things start to look up.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Nice dude. But where's the pics?
    Yes. Yes. A camera would've been a smart move. Brought it out today will do my duty and share the amateur stoke as best I can.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Copious stoke from all above and sinking the pink (bases in the pow) =

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applause-2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	108645

Here's to Worth skis

Silent....but shredly.

Cheap deal on Burke lift tickets for Boston mags. Looks they will be set up in South Station tomorrow. It's on their FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/BurkeMtn

More AC/DC! - Bon Scott this time:

Does anybody have any vouchers/deals/hook ups for Killington tickets this weekend? I got a free place to stay and cheap ticket will justify a day there. Thanks.

TBATT - Nice bib.

His Name is August + Bern: West seems to really polarize people.

The lifts were awfully slow. It kind of reminded me of that scene in Roger and Me when the poor people in Detroit see the fighting in Baghdad and they're like, THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE DETROIT!, except that there would be very little difference in riding lifts at West and skiing in communist Russia.

And I could definitely understand not being stoked on night skiing on limited terrain. It was fucking cold and icy and they should be able to groom in sections for the night crew.

But then again, it was totally empty, and I really enjoyed the novelty. If I could go after work, I'd still be there once a week. I'd even ski park! Not to mention early winter pow turns and skinning before they open... assuming it ever snows. They have a couple steep pitches that looked like they'd be really fun to the left of the double.

Sure, it's no Hunter but I'm glad I checked it off the ski bucket list. I'd definitely go back for some of the crazy deals if I was in the area, too.

Anyway, I had a good time skiing with NMBRD DAYS and thought I'd get a picture of him up here. Sunrise, at the Bush, late afternoon.

I didn't get great pics but it was a great sleeper day.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

7/16" fresh overnight 27.3`, this is not going to do it, ULLR are you listening?

Thanks again for all of the B-day wellwishing.

A PSA for the Alchemist More brown the black flodd benefit. Ask ML as he tried this and was impressed. I'll be going Friday after work for the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    VTF, what rubber are ya getting? my new rig came with Schwalbe Rocket Ron's 2.25 which i converted to tubeless with a Stan's kit. i liked them the few time's i got out on em.
    Have been on the Nevegal 2.35 DTC Really liked them,but missing 7 of 8 side knobs in a row on 1 side of the rear. I hear a lot of good things about Schwalbe and will look into tha,t sac has them on sale often enough. I also have a tubeless setup and a new Easton wheelset, Zocc 15mm setup to install.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    happy birthday, old fellah!
    the Pat's are going to krush.
    no fucking stupid catch the ball on helmet bullshit this go round.
    Brady is going to torch the jersey girls.

STOOOPID KATCH ON HELMUT[do not forget the broken tackles]

woot
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thin Covers' gonna get that moose

ML thanks for posting up the pictures, I was sure smiling over the weekend. nice blog
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

TBATT - Nice bib.

His Name is August + Bern: West seems to really polarize people.

The lifts were awfully slow. It kind of reminded me of that scene in Roger and Me when the poor people in Detroit see the fighting in Baghdad and they're like, THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE DETROIT!, except that there would be very little difference in riding lifts at West and skiing in communist Russia.

And I could definitely understand not being stoked on night skiing on limited terrain. It was fucking cold and icy and they should be able to groom in sections for the night crew.

But then again, it was totally empty, and I really enjoyed the novelty. If I could go after work, I'd still be there once a week. I'd even ski park! Not to mention early winter pow turns and skinning before they open... assuming it ever snows. They have a couple steep pitches that looked like they'd be really fun to the left of the double.

Sure, it's no Hunter but I'm glad I checked it off the ski bucket list. I'd definitely go back for some of the crazy deals if I was in the area, too.

Anyway, I had a good time skiing with NMBRD DAYS and thought I'd get a picture of him up here. Sunrise, at the Bush, late afternoon.

I didn't get great pics but it was a great sleeper day.
    Nice write up ML242. I've always seen it from the road and wanted to give it a try. I just might go and try it out I've day in the way home.

It really was a sleeper day. Sunrise was skiing pretty good. It was def a good day. Nice shot!
    I have to admit with the lack of winter there is some awesome stoke up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Thanks again for all of the B-day wellwishing.
    happy belated, VTF (fractional inch guy :-)

And, if you'll indulge me, I wrote up a little article about West Mountain for the NY Ski Blog. You don't HAVE to click it, but if you do I will make millions of dollars as a famous ski writer.

Seriously, I am really happy with how this came out, I wish I spent a few more days there to really catch the feel of the place. West would be awesome for the big game, too. $3 beers at a ski area. Sweet potato fries. Lots of Carhartt.

Feel free to leave me a comment to let me know that I'm a spammer or awesome. And otherwise I can't give you credit for looking!

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2012/01/wes...-ny-12212.html

It's so hard to end this post... nice mooses!

and..... more snow please.
    ML, great skiing with you and the GF...more please! Nice write up, I will have to check the place out next time I head that way. Also want to hit Catamount sometime. My uncle and grandmother have a place in Dutchess County, I go right by on my way down.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    ML, great skiing with you and the GF...more please! Nice write up, I will have to check the place out next time I head that way. Also want to hit Catamount sometime. My uncle and grandmother have a place in Dutchess County, I go right by on my way down.
    Catamount isn't a bad hill. I remember having over night ski trips there when I was in the scouts. Catamount is a pretty nice bump trail. I poached that hill the day before Halloween with stuckinbrooklyn. Had 3 bottomless runs till we got kicked out. If the snow is good I'd be game to go there and ride the lifts.

Pitch looked decent. My sister and I went by last year bringing my grandmother home from her Christmas visit, and were bummed that we didn't have our gear. This year, I'm in no rush, but could be a fun detour for my next trip down that way.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    A PSA for the Alchemist More brown the black flodd benefit. Ask ML as he tried this and was impressed. I'll be going Friday after work for the glass.
    More brown than black is so damn good, had on tap the other day and its like a darker heady topper pretty much. Hmm snow friday/saturday combined with this could be a damn good excuse to get outta the house. Anyone else wanna head up from MA? Bern?

Edit: Damn I paid almost $10 for a pint, $7 plus the glass is an awesome deal when bottles go for at least $4...and the $$$ goes to an awesome cause.

Awesome stoke all, and nice work Rdennis! need to check Cannon out.

Snowing now, looks like friday/saturday could be good for the north country. Glad people are digging the Worths, we have a new powder specific deisgn that we are working on. I thinks its ideal and Weasel really nailed this one.

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    More brown than black is so damn good, had on tap the other day and its like a darker heady topper pretty much. Hmm snow friday/saturday combined with this could be a damn good excuse to get outta the house. Anyone else wanna head up from MA? Bern?

Edit: Damn I paid almost $10 for a pint, $7 plus the glass is an awesome deal when bottles go for at least $4...and the $$$ goes to an awesome cause.
    Might be up for that. I'm leaving for NY for a conference for the next few days, but am heading back to Boston on Friday night. I'll shoot you a PM in the next day or so and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Glad people are digging the Worths, we have a new powder specific deisgn that we are working on. I thinks its ideal and Weasel really nailed this one.
    It's B-I-G

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Awesome stoke all, and nice work Rdennis! need to check Cannon out.

Snowing now, looks like friday/saturday could be good for the north country. Glad people are digging the Worths, we have a new powder specific deisgn that we are working on. I thinks its ideal and Weasel really nailed this one.
    Sweet news on the Worth front. Hey TC check your pm. Did not make it up. Sorry. If too much to ask let me know. May try to get a pass from the old lady for Saturday / Sunday or just bring the whole family up if the wife is into it (we will get a place if we do). And when you head down for a Cannon visit I'd be happy to show you around. As you know there is is some stuff across the street too! Maybe when you get back from the world tour winter will have arrived.

How much snow we talking?
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post

How much snow we talking?
    Ah TC, ever the optimist. I think the snow comes just after TC and HA board the plane to Japan. February has to go off, that or winter is broken. Worth pow boards sounds good to me, looking forward to some specs on those.

^^^ LD just saw it, i will try to get them out.

Seq- Just saying there is snow in the NOAA forecast, the unexpected small stuff is what we have been living off of. Not like I said a big dump on the way, remember the 1" at our respective houses last week? and 10-12" of blower on the mountain, optimize that dood! " this is season's mission statement is you never know until you go"

^^^^ word. Definitely been a year of surprises. Garbage punctuated by moments of greatness.