Page 180 of 396 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 9892
    I need some knee help. If any of you are knee experts, the outside of my knee about 2 inches down from my knee cap is killing me. I am going to see a doctor people keep telling me its my LCL but I have no clue and it sucks because I can ski!
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Quote Originally Posted by ecskier7 View Post
    I need some knee help. If any of you are knee experts, the outside of my knee about 2 inches down from my knee cap is killing me. I am going to see a doctor people keep telling me its my LCL but I have no clue and it sucks because I can ski!
    Is it more a strong soreness than a sharp pain? Could it be your IT band? Going to a doctor should sort things out, but that position sounds similar to some IT band related problems I had at one point.

Some basic info:
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/k..._Band_Pain.htm

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    I was pumped when I saw the dps demo tent at the Bush sat AM. Tried out the 112rp pures first thing. HOLY FUN SKI. I did not enjoy going back to my 188 bros the rest of the day.

Pics from the Smuggs crew keeps getting better and better!

Some mediocre pics, I was having autofocus issues in the woods. Are people manually focusing or just making sure that there is no brush in the frame that AF is going to snap to?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--...20122_2395.jpg
    I stayed away from that tent...every time i demo skis i end up buying them. Bush as good on sat esp early.

sounds like IT band to me. stretching it worked for me.

george turns here on vid. this was a short section of the middle-ish area of the fields. nice bouncy pow turns you could really take yer time and sink yer skis into. keep em tight, keep em round, only so much up high pow to go round............

don't know how to embed

rog

Quote Originally Posted by ecskier7 View Post
    Sounds like you need to see a good Physical Therapist. Probably need a prescription for health insurance purposes.

If it is your IT band, foam rollers just went on sale... http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/...splayErrorView

Sharp pain when pressure is applied. When elevated its fine. I have been icing then heating it for the past week on top of stretching. Hopefully all of this gets sorted out tomorrow thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

george turns here on vid. this was a short section of the middle-ish area of the fields. nice bouncy pow turns you could really take yer time and sink yer skis into. keep em tight, keep em round, only so much up high pow to go round............

don't know how to embed

rog
    Looks like some sweet snow. MWOBS forecast 1-3" of ice..... That's a lot of fucking ice.

New snowfall today will be less than an inch. Ice from freezing rain may see upwards of 1 to 3 inches on the summit with lower amounts further down the mountain. New snowfall overnight into Tuesday will be a trace to 2 inches. And if for some reason more cold air gets trapped, more snow or ice than these predictions can be expected. But so far, the warming pattern is reflecting what model guidance has for us today, so these totals seem likely.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^bring it on, inches of snow, ice, sleet, freezing drizzle, rain, all of it. could make for ONE FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE CORN SEASON for months this spring. not that our corn season is anything less than absolutely stellar on the regular.

seems to me like it's a good time to head to where the air is 90 something and the water 80 something. glad i grabbed yesterday, let me tell ya. stoked to hit it hard come feb.

rog

cool photo from yesterday of me skinning the cog and bryan slaying easties pow on his new splitter.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GET-IN...type=1&theater

rog

don't know how to embed

rog
    i've had IT band issues too, and streching and especially using a (very hard) foam roller has really helped

i'm not sure this guy has an IT problem though, since he is saying hte pain is below the knee.. IT band can cause a lot of side effects, so it's possible, but the IT band runs from Ass to Knee.. not below

Sick turns up high Rog. I'll be over there sooner or later..

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    i've had IT band issues too, and streching and especially using a (very hard) foam roller has really helped

i'm not sure this guy has an IT problem though, since he is saying hte pain is below the knee.. IT band can cause a lot of side effects, so it's possible, but the IT band runs from Ass to Knee.. not below
    ya, i'm certainly no doc. i usually just beat my body in another way to get rid of a current bother till the next one come up. has worked for the 1st 40, maybe it'll keep working for another

Sick turns up high Rog. I'll be over there sooner or later..
    i like to think of them more as special turns, but sick is cool too, thanx! let me know when ya wanna ski some cool shit up high. always good at one elevation/aspect or another.

rog

and i'll give another update from the north... skied fairly bottomless pow in the laurentians backcountry from last week's series of storms. deep base and no crust (although that won't be the case by tomorrow morning)

off to ski in the rain at bromont tonight.. it pleases Ullr you know

the ski down was possible, but i gladly walked the last 1k of vert to save my skis.

rog
    your fuckin' killin me! do you have this on top also? http://www.tognar.com/top-sheet-skuf...sold-per-foot/

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    your fuckin' killin me! do you have this on top also? http://www.tognar.com/top-sheet-skuf...sold-per-foot/
    HEH!

thanx for the link. trust me, the cover sucks up there. skiing was fine classic alpine ice/frozen brush tops, windpow bunker tops, coral reef, and all kinds of other shit from the west sides summit down to 4700 feet. then it was pretty good, but thin down to 3700, then fucking high blood pressure, destroy my equipment this is fucking stupid skiing below 3700. walking down from 3700 was very relaxing. plus, who gives a shit about an exit anyway? the goods were up high. another foot on whats there i'da used yer skis. 2 more feet and i'd use mine. cover will be quite a bit worse than it was yesterday by tomorrow. ah well, it'll keep the already deserted rockpile even more deserted of skiers. win.

rog

Long trail chute slayed x 3. 3-6" of Wind blown pow on top of last weeks crust layer. Each lap skied better than the last as the crust was broken up.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Rog, nice vid, looks super fun, enjoy your surf trip.

Vinman, nice work. It crossed my mind the other day, but we had to big of a crew to head out there.

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Rog, nice vid, looks super fun, enjoy your surf trip.

Vinman, nice work. It crossed my mind the other day, but we had to big of a crew to head out there.
    thanx HA, nice work eveyone. read y'all soon nuff!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Looks like some sweet snow. MWOBS forecast 1-3" of ice..... That's a lot of fucking ice.

New snowfall today will be less than an inch. Ice from freezing rain may see upwards of 1 to 3 inches on the summit with lower amounts further down the mountain. New snowfall overnight into Tuesday will be a trace to 2 inches. And if for some reason more cold air gets trapped, more snow or ice than these predictions can be expected. But so far, the warming pattern is reflecting what model guidance has for us today, so these totals seem likely.
    Tide has been so low that any form of frozen is welcomed I guess. October-nope, November-nope, December-nope, January-highly unlikely. Hope we get a base soon or there will be no Spring.

I finally hit it. Two days in Utah and impossible to describe. Brighton yesterday good considering years totals. Pow mow today. Mountain to ourselves. They opened powder country at 1030 for first time all season. Did so many laps I couldn't guess my total. All fresh all day. Snowed all day. Looking at 7-11 for tomorrow in LCC. Best day ever.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Way to get it, Court... damn!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    I finally hit it. Two days in Utah and impossible to describe. Brighton yesterday good considering years totals. Pow mow today. Mountain to ourselves. They opened powder country at 1030 for first time all season. Did so many laps I couldn't guess my total. All fresh all day. Snowed all day. Looking at 7-11 for tomorrow in LCC. Best day ever.
    Very Nice!!!!!!!!!! How did you break your jinx?

It's official...the moose are as pissed about the snow conditions as we are...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	399390_257798244292122_100001858448983_648187_170664436_n.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	108591
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

^^^^ holy shit

And nice vin! I shoulda gone out with you today, I do work at times. Next round for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Very Nice!!!!!!!!!! How did you break your jinx?
    Paying my dues, bra. That and my attendance at Ullr Fest probably helped. So technically, I owe you and Ullr for today, Jeff.
    Last edited by Skirotica; 01-23-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Mittersill was fun this weekend, went Saturday and ended up cruising back up this morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryan3cropped.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	108612

Photo from Saturday