Page 179 of 396 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 9892
    happy birthday, old fellah!
    the Pat's are going to krush.
    no fucking stupid catch the ball on helmet bullshit this go round.
    Brady is going to torch the jersey girls.
    woot
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    ^^^^^ Looks like a solid weekend all around. Good to see you guys getting some. So there is a decent chance I'll be moving to Philadelphia this summer and next season. I was looking at maps/drive times and was wondering if the 410 mile drive from Philly to Smugg's really takes 8 hours??? I would hope you could drive faster than 50 mph from Philly to Northern VT. Do any of you Philly guys make the trek to Northern VT, or do you just accept that you have to fly out west to get decent skiing? I know if the snow is good you could do southern VT including Magic if the snow is good, but I'm sure up north conditions are more consistent.
    Make the hell run from time to time. Best time so far is 710 to 715 ish. copilots are key. I leave from doylestown area so that knocks of 45 minutes compared to the guys coming out of philly itself. The run to magic takes about 4.5... Magic is great for sure but the snow has been better up north this year..... yes there a few of us that make the drive up and get it done......

VTF HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD BOY.....you havent lost a step........yet.......
    Great shots from all this weekend .. really made the weekend go by alittle quicker being sick as a dog ... did manage to get to POCS for a couple of hours.......lots of questions regarding the WORTHS so hopefully some peeps will check out the website......even let one dude demo them for a run or two......actually felt good to let someone run my new stix with the tought of helping to advance a company ....was wierd to be honest but felt good......RAIN this morning in PA with the highs this week in 50's...WTF.....Just hope the rain stays south and doesnt reach the north...

AGAIN GREAT STOKE BY ALL THAT BROUGHT IT.....
    always forward but never straight

Sure: I read through the last few pages, and all your stoke and pictures and Petric'd's of pow and trees and slashes and chutes and teh awesome gnar are teh radical sweetness, but your schuss has NOTHING on the FamousIntenetSkiers.

not that's a Petric'd's
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

^FKNA, 'swamp donkey' noice!!!
    crab in my shoe mouth

happy birthday VT-free!
    cheers!

Someone should have rode that cow switch to the road! FKNA. Cool shot.
    The Passion is in the Risk

I was pumped when I saw the dps demo tent at the Bush sat AM. Tried out the 112rp pures first thing. HOLY FUN SKI. I did not enjoy going back to my 188 bros the rest of the day.

Pics from the Smuggs crew keeps getting better and better!

Some mediocre pics, I was having autofocus issues in the woods. Are people manually focusing or just making sure that there is no brush in the frame that AF is going to snap to?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--...20122_2395.jpg

Crazy NE Winter!

Happy B-Day VT-free!

Great weekend. Got out yesterday with the family at Sunapee for a cold but sunny day. Great skiing early following the sun around. So psyched how my little ladies are skiing. Will try and post up some pics next time we go out. Really amazed on how well Plum Guides ski - was always skeptical of this type of set up but not any more. Fun family day.

Good to see ya the other night Strawjack - Bella Rose pizza yummy. Let's get out next next storm cycle (it's coming - patientce, patience, patience).

Rog have fun surfing and sun. Sounds like I missed a gem yesterday but was worth it spending the day with the kids. Enjoy the trip!

Sweet pics all. TC, HA and crew - you guys are killing it up there. See ya Tuesday night TC if that is still OK. May not get many turns in but who knows? Let's hope that cold front following this ra*n shit dumps a good refresher for Wed morning! Crazy ass weather.

Go Pats! Lynchdog blog out! Enjoy.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Great shot, gpetrics! That calf looks like she is in full trot to trench the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post

That picture is awsome. Did GP stop to find out if it was a boy or girl?

How the hell did he set up this shot? Was GP using a tripod? Need to know the camera setting too.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Awesome shots all. Sounds like I missed some sick skiing up high yesterday. Rog - did you stay on the E snowfields or were you in the gully's too?

Wildcat was good Sat morning. Wind blew that 3.5% snow around and it was like a reload day. Spatwelve, I saw your superbros but didn't see you.

The Worth DB's skied well. Had a couple of friends take some rides on them too. Was really surprised at how well they carved and held on ice. Working on a full review, need some more days on them though.

The Pats game was fun. Never sat down once. Got too drunk towards the end. Kinda jealous I didn't go ski George.

Buttah - sick you got to see the medals. Which shop do you work at?

I think I did some damage to my toes this weekend and last. Biting the bullet and getting hottronic's for next weekend.

Again Happy B-day to VTF! Shredding like a young buck, sweet vid BD!

Swede-skiing is lookin great over at the bush nice shots.

LD- yeah totally fine, today is feeling balmy, NOAA saying snow next few days though, maybe we will get some more unexpected storms. Lets see some kid stoke!

Neufox- remember detune those tip edges about a centimeter below the rocker start point and wax them, start haus did a great tune but no wax on them. And yeah lets see some george pics. I need to get the georges up on george for a product shot.

After 18 days straight, ending with a 55" cycle and a few laps of thigh deep cold smoke yesterday morning, waking up to a warm fog back in MD is a rude awakening!
    Now it's time to get back up to VT. Save some snow up north for me, TC. Should be up this weekend.

Happy birthday VTF!!

And awesome moose shot, Greg!! Still waiting to run into one of those guys in my travels in the breadloaf - I imagine it's only a matter of time.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Whoa! That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Anospa, sick board! venture seems to make good stuff, wouldn't mind trying one out someday. I am hooked on my neversummer at the moment though..
    I looked at neversummer stuff a lot over the last few years, but never got a chance to ride one. Venture sorta jumped out at me over the last year or two and I just moved on it. It'll be my first board with any sort of rocker, so I'm interested to see how it handles hardpack/etc. The idea is to ride this 90% of the time, find a nice pow board, and keep my 159 Custom X for when things are dicey and I need that grippy camber. The end goal is to figure out what rocker profile I like best and get that in a split.

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    If you plan to go to Killington one weekend and let me know, I'll let you take it for a few runs. It digs trenches very very effectively. It's a lot different than my T6/T7, and I suspect it wouldn't do as well in seriously icy stuff, but in the pseudo-soft snow we had Saturday, it was phenomenal.
    I dunno if I'll be in VT this season, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks! Good to know about how it'd feel on hard snow, I was sorta picturing it to be that way.

Nice moose, he's ready to charge the fall line and show you how its done.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    Sure: I read through the last few pages, and all your stoke and pictures and Petric'd's of pow and trees and slashes and chutes and teh awesome gnar are teh radical sweetness, but your schuss has NOTHING on the FamousIntenetSkiers.

not that's a Petric'd's
    RADness, right there....Noice moose.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

^Yes, great shot and I guess it's true...

Petrics got Petric'd!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The Worth DB's skied well. Had a couple of friends take some rides on them too. Was really surprised at how well they carved and held on ice. Working on a full review, need some more days on them though.
    Funny thing, this is pretty consistent...I have had some instructors working the DBs since last weekend (171s, 'cause these are instructors... :-), and heard the same from them. To a one, they all took a few sessions to dial themselves in on them, and now I can barely get them back to ski them myself. Last report was glowing, and from the most non-committal of the bunch. Looking forward to your full review Neufy! Hopefully you are able to find something softer to try them out on as well...though crud and funk is the best test.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    While I didn't make it out to Crystal, I wanted to give a shout out to Chris and Matt for showing me around Magic this weekend.

Great people and great mountain. Can't wait to make it back up again!

-Smarty

RARE

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Sounds like I missed some sick skiing up high yesterday. Rog - did you stay on the E snowfields or were you in the gully's too?
    skiing high was deluxe. rare conditions in the high fields. skinning from the base was easy, but cover was horrible and i'd pretty much decided it was gonna be all about the up, well, cept for the easties which i knew would be prime based on watching the wind velocity, direction, and new snow. no need to look at the gullies as i knew that there'd be way too much snap left in any slabs due to arctic temps that held tough for days. the folks that i led uop there had never skied off the top in winter, or skied pow up high. they were stoked and had no idea how lucky they were. i let them know just how lucky they were, more than once

the ski down was possible, but i gladly walked the last 1k of vert to save my skis.

great day fer sure. now time for hot tropics. back feb 1st,

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    I looked at neversummer stuff a lot over the last few years, but never got a chance to ride one. Venture sorta jumped out at me over the last year or two and I just moved on it. It'll be my first board with any sort of rocker, so I'm interested to see how it handles hardpack/etc. The idea is to ride this 90% of the time, find a nice pow board, and keep my 159 Custom X for when things are dicey and I need that grippy camber. The end goal is to figure out what rocker profile I like best and get that in a split.

A good buddy of mine rides a venture split and loves it.. This is my 3rd season with a neversummer heritage and its the only board I ride now no matter what the snow is like, even on the the deepest pow days. Gave my custom x to a friend and my burton fish is now collecting dust, which i've been thinking of cutting in half. All done with Burton boards, but still like their bindings. Have a prior amf split which works great, but its the only split ive been on, so nothing to compare it to. Let me know how you like the venture.

Happy bday VTF!

GP awesome shot dude! Nice to see a post from you in here...

Rog, pics please....

AK, welcome back East.

Holy crap, that's unbelievable! Gpetrics posting groomer photos?!

All joking aside, that's one of the cooler ski shots I've seen. Awesome stuff.

The natural stuff at Magic was better than I expected this weekend. Lots of weeds pushing through some of the steeper runs, but it kept most people off them so there was fresh snow to be had. A big dump would be certainly welcome though.

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    A good buddy of mine rides a venture split and loves it.. This is my 3rd season with a neversummer heritage and its the only board I ride now no matter what the snow is like, even on the the deepest pow days. Gave my custom x to a friend and my burton fish is now collecting dust, which i've been thinking of cutting in half. All done with Burton boards, but still like their bindings. Have a prior amf split which works great, but its the only split ive been on, so nothing to compare it to. Let me know how you like the venture.
    Little mini-review here:

First, a bit about me: 6'2" 175lbs super-skinny. 15ish days so far this season, 100+ in JH and Squaw last year, maybe 60 or 70 in my life prior to that.
    Quiver/likes in a board: 07 Custom X 158, 08 T6 162, 09 T6 162, 11 T7 162, all mounted with Ride CADs and a pair of RXs on the CX. Boots are Salomon Malamute 28.5. If these are any indication, I like things stiff. The T7 seems a bit more playful than the T6s, and I like that. I'm a big fan of making GS turns on groomers and trying to emulate the ski racers. In the backcountry, I still don't have the confidence to really send big stuff, but I'm working on it.

Conditions on Saturday were variable, but softer than other days in recent memory. Terrain was super-mellow and way outside what this thing is intended to do. At first, I had difficulty getting the board to lock in to a carve. On long, stiff, cambered boards, you feel them loading up as you enter the turn, and once it locks, you can really stand on it. Then you'll get sprung out of the turn once you release it. I like this feeling. The Venture doesn't do this. I did find that you could very sloppily throw it in to a turn and it would just bite and hook up. This is also quite the neat feeling, but took some getting used to. Once it's hooked in, it stays there. You have to actively release a turn, and it took me a few runs to really figure this out and learn to trust it. After that, I could generally identify trenches I left on previous runs.

The rocker makes it feel shorter than it is. You can make surprisingly small turns on it. This, with the softer nose, made it do better than expected in bumps. I took a run down Conclusion (super-bumped) and found that I could put a lot more weight on the nose than I can on a T6. Weird feeling, but it's probably just the additional 4cm I'm not used to.

I like the board. A lot. It won't replace a T6 on hard-pack, but I think it is every bit as capable in the soft stuff. I bought it intending to make it a dedicated powder board, and I should figure out how well it works in those conditions in big-mountain terrain as I'm flying to Switzerland on Wednesday. I'll report back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    The natural stuff at Magic was better than I expected this weekend. Lots of weeds pushing through some of the steeper runs, but it kept most people off them so there was fresh snow to be had. A big dump would be certainly welcome though.
    I skied Shawnee Peak in Maine this Saturday with the same conditions. People were scared of the weeds, which gave me some options. It was a fun day overall. I'll be at Magic this weekend with a buddy. Hopefully I'll run into a few of you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Thanks for the review mangle, This is my first season in Malamutes and loving them after like 5 years in Driver x's. The camber underfoot and rocker combo on the NS seem to work great for me.. Last season was a good year to be at Squaw/JH. Have fun in Switzerland dude, I am counting the days till i head to Japan with TC.