Page 178 of 396 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 9892
    amazing surreal day on high george today in the lee. boot top no bottom pow (some of the best i've had up there, ever, blew in just right) for multiple laps.

couldn't expect or ask for better weather in jan up there. light winds, bluebird, and no other skiers around on a sunday. unreal. blows the mind. maybe some pics coming.

yay pats!!!

rog

nice Rog. let's see it!
    yeah Pat's
    no doubt BigDaddy. it was very cool to hold that mad, ski bling!
    HA the Head rep's Mom in law works at our shop. he's heading out to SIA in Denver this week. Head USA is located in Baltimore. they gave him the medal's and globe to show around shop's this past week. you should have seen the look on some local J3's who were lucky enough to be in the shop when Bode's medal's came out. the shop i work at is old school, root's. same spot, same family since 1967!
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^^^^ Looks like a solid weekend all around. Good to see you guys getting some. So there is a decent chance I'll be moving to Philadelphia this summer and next season. I was looking at maps/drive times and was wondering if the 410 mile drive from Philly to Smugg's really takes 8 hours??? I would hope you could drive faster than 50 mph from Philly to Northern VT. Do any of you Philly guys make the trek to Northern VT, or do you just accept that you have to fly out west to get decent skiing? I know if the snow is good you could do southern VT including Magic if the snow is good, but I'm sure up north conditions are more consistent.

Supa Bowl, bitches.... OH YEAH!!!

and have fun Eug. Damn, so jeal.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^^^^ Mtnbkrbrdr said it takes him 7 hours from philly area. So that seems about right, I was thinking more 6.5 but I drive pretty fast. Magic in south VT is more than worth while, powder days there are awesome, steep terrain and lots of buffed out tree skiing. I lived in philly area for a while and I drove to Magic every weekend for years or north pretty frequently when the conditions warranted it. North Vt definitely has more consistent conditions, bigger mountains, and twice the snow fall, so BC options are more and terrain can be way gnarlier if you are searching for that but its a solid 3 hours from Magic to get to Smuggs/Jay area.

Thanks Eug! and have fun in Cham, place is a dream

Grubbers- I am going to echo HA, Gnarly tooths lurking in a lot of those, needs lots of snow, take it slow if you are exploring for sure.

Rog- lets see some stoke! Tough for me to motivate there once the VT BC comes in, but I like seeing it so I know what I am missing and then I force myself to drive out of sheer dejection.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Rog- lets see some stoke! Tough for me to motivate there once the VT BC comes in, but I like seeing it so I know what I am missing and then I force myself to drive out of sheer dejection.
    stoke soon!

don't blame ya one bit for not wanting to leave good snow at home. skiing off the top o the rock with 120+ miles of viz is one of my faves. twas definitely a sunglasses all day long kinda a day up there fer sure. never gets old. pow skiing at 6k is such a bonus. all about timing

love the skinny stoke buttah!

rog

Buttaflake
    no love for Bode's medal's?
    While you were fondling Bodes' jewels we were skiing

Had an awesome BD weekend, much thanks to Ml242 for coming up to spend the weekend. We had a great time skiing Friday w/ NmbrdDays in the new pow.

NmbrdDays

Ml242

Had a great dinner at the Common Man with the crew.

Went to the Snowbowl Sat. to hook up wit de Weasel

Sunday a little BC with Young Jedi Arron

1/2 Century, going to keep going

Pats in, Go Giants
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^^ Mtnbkrbrdr said it takes him 7 hours from philly area. So that seems about right, I was thinking more 6.5 but I drive pretty fast. Magic in south VT is more than worth while, powder days there are awesome, steep terrain and lots of buffed out tree skiing. I lived in philly area for a while and I drove to Magic every weekend for years or north pretty frequently when the conditions warranted it. North Vt definitely has more consistent conditions, bigger mountains, and twice the snow fall, so BC options are more and terrain can be way gnarlier if you are searching for that but its a solid 3 hours from Magic to get to Smuggs/Jay area.
    Thanks thincover. That is about what I figured. I'll know where were are moving on February 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Had an awesome BD weekend, much thanks to Ml242 for coming up to spend the weekend. We had a great time skiing Friday w/ NmbrdDays in the new pow.
    So does this mean, you took the LT's virginity? Happy big b-day, dude!!! Looks like a fun day and hope to see your little men in the SB!

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Good day out at the bush. Ran into Irishexit and friend. Nice meeting you guys and making turns with you guys. Some natural fell from the sky all day maybe a lil more on its way. Should be another good day out tommorow.

Demoed some DPS skis today. All I can say is I'm sold. They were awesome. I tried the hybrids and the pure. Both were awesome. Def will invest in a pair. Gonna have to demo a pair or Worths next.

Take that Bruins. Rangers hold the #1 spot in the east. Go Blueshirts! Gmen tommorow!
    Heh - made it to the DPS tent a little late in the day - they were closing up soon and only one pair was left so I took the 112RP Hybrid (cough *yvette* cough) for a run.

As long as you skied those Yvette's like a man

And yeah, Philly to NOVT does take between 6.5-8 depending on the lead in your foot and traffic mostly along 87 / thruway below the 90 / 87 split all the way to NJ.

Buttaflake
    While you were fondling Bodes' jewels we were skiing

I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    As long as you skied those Yvette's like a man

And yeah, Philly to NOVT does take between 6.5-8 depending on the lead in your foot and traffic mostly along 87 / thruway below the 90 / 87 split all the way to NJ.
    Rode em hard and put em away wet (which sounds better than "rode her soft and short")

well played, JC...

Grubbers- I am going to echo HA, Gnarly tooths lurking in a lot of those, needs lots of snow, take it slow if you are exploring for sure.
    I was definitely conservative in my riding today, expecting some rocks underneath. But where I rode the impenetrable rain crust covered any of the gnar up high, which is where I was most worried about what was underneath the snow. I wasn't riding with style today, just wanted to make sure I made it down safely. Stability will definitely be a concern once this rain/freezing rain passes and we get more snow. Seemed to me that the crust was strong enough to bridge any weak layers underneath it today, but now it's a perfect bed surface for whatever falls next.

From where I topped out. The gully continued higher up, but the snow seemed to get considerably thinner.

HA - I split an old Rome Anthem that I was going to retire last season as more of an experiment than anything else. It doesn't line up perfectly and looks a little worse for wear, but it still rides surprisingly well.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Sunday a little BC with Young Jedi Arron

1/2 Century, going to keep going

Sweet pics, VTF! Fun schralping the poma line with you and ML, and happy birthday again
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Haha, I bet! I'd love to get on a storm at some point, they look like giant weapons of trenching warfare.
    If you plan to go to Killington one weekend and let me know, I'll let you take it for a few runs. It digs trenches very very effectively. It's a lot different than my T6/T7, and I suspect it wouldn't do as well in seriously icy stuff, but in the pseudo-soft snow we had Saturday, it was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Heh - made it to the DPS tent a little late in the day - they were closing up soon and only one pair was left so I took the 112RP Hybrid (cough *yvette* cough) for a run.

I brought those back around 2. Them are some sweet planks. Def a good weekend. Common Man was really good. Good skiing with VT-Free and ML242 on fri and linked had some good turns with Irishexit on sat. Too bad I couldn't stick around for a beer, the lady friend was a lil impatient. I wasn't out long today but made a few good turns with VT-Free. Today was really nice, too bad that r word is in the forecast.
    I found this on the bush's site from fri. I was heading down lower organ grinder and saw one of their photographers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327287849.533020.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	108425

Good to see all had a good weekend

BD- nice VTF-rospective vid...great shots!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    ml242 skis in slacks!

Who on the 183 bros did I ask for change in the k-1 maze this AM? In other news, my wife is an official PMGear lifer after two days on her new bros. It all clicked for her when she told me "these skis are really good when you go fast."

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Great weekend, capped off by a GIANT win!!

NmbrdDays - I saw you ski under me a few times while on the lift, I tried yelling. Some how the lady friend managed a half dozen runs with frost bitten toes, chick has a high pain tolerance to say the least.

happy b-day vtfree! 29? ya ski like it!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Irishexit View Post
    Great weekend, capped off by a GIANT win!!

NmbrdDays - I saw you ski under me a few times while on the lift, I tried yelling. Some how the lady friend managed a half dozen runs with frost bitten toes, chick has a high pain tolerance to say the least.
    I thought I heard something. I didn't stick around long. Next time, hopefully the weather stays in our favor. Damn dude. That chick is a trooper.

Gmen / Pats rematch. GO Blue!

Thanks to all, yea Rog 29. Where's the snow? Go Giants!!!!!! What a game!!!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime