Page 177 of 396 FirstFirst ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 9892
    Fun day at the Bowl with ML242, ML's GF, and VTFreeheel. ML managed to find the gnar:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo01211401.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	108316

VTF, looking "pretty"....

Name:	Photo01211349.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	108317

More to come from VTF and ML242....the Poma line was boss!!!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Anyone have some Hunter Mtn beta?

Friend of the wife has invited us to spend the weekend sometime. Checked the website. Looks like they are doing ok inspite of the low snow year.

Just wondering what the mags say about the place?
    scottyb- hunter is not a bad mountain if you get the timing right IMO (which is not so simple) weekends are out. but a midweek day with fresh snow can be pretty fun. i dont know all the secret spots but they are out there. i concur with vinman- pkill is way more real- not as much vert but good vibe, way less grooming, way way less idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Holy shit, we just got to Switzerland and checked into what my wife Ali describes as the Swiss version of Hot Tub Time Machine. Fucking shocker that we got it for free on some time share deal , I have never seen anything like it.......since 1975. Skiing looks sick though. Bombs going off since we got here. Looks like what I imagine Magic was like in the 70's. Speaking of Magic you ought to be getting dumped on any day now.....I was out west for 2 months and its snowed every day out there SINCE I LEFT. Should be at Magic in 2 weeks maybe we will stop being loners at the bar and actually meet some folks other than DoWork..And I only met him once or twice. Gotta go, wife is upstairs and I have to fend off this smokin ( BITD) swiss eurocouger....
    This needs to be a thread of it's own... Swiss Miss Hot Tub Time Machine!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Good day out at the bush. Ran into Irishexit and friend. Nice meeting you guys and making turns with you guys. Some natural fell from the sky all day maybe a lil more on its way. Should be another good day out tommorow.

Demoed some DPS skis today. All I can say is I'm sold. They were awesome. I tried the hybrids and the pure. Both were awesome. Def will invest in a pair. Gonna have to demo a pair or Worths next.

Take that Bruins. Rangers hold the #1 spot in the east. Go Blueshirts! Gmen tommorow!

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Good day out at the bush. Ran into Irishexit and friend. Nice meeting you guys and making turns with you guys. Some natural fell from the sky all day maybe a lil more on its way. Should be another good day out tommorow.

Demoed some DPS skis today. All I can say is I'm sold. They were awesome. I tried the hybrids and the pure. Both were awesome. Def will invest in a pair. Gonna have to demo a pair or Worths next.

Take that Bruins. Rangers hold the #1 spot in the east. Go Blueshirts! Gmen tommorow!
    Good skiing with you as well dude. We will be up on the hill tomorrow, keep an eye out. Hopefully she can withstand the frost bitten toe.

SEA SMOKE

super fun seabrook session this am with the lost crew. 15 degrees and snowing sideways. perfect little a-frames coming thru. water still quite warm for jan. 1.5 hours of winter fun!

will be skiing up high george tomorrow. if anyone is up venturing round the summit area and gulf facing north, look for the pom pom hat! should be a perfect day for up high.

rog

Had a good day for what we were dealt. Glad patrol ended up being cool about a line I had to poach, it just had to be done... Had to work a little to find what we were after, but we found it. Nice meeting crank54, sorry you didn't have time for the afternoon adventure which had its moments, but overall turned out pretty well. Think it was like 4-4:30 when we got back to our cars. Brewster River Pub for some grub and beer hit the spot after a long day in the cold.

Some shots from the 1st part of the day....

Didn't bring my camera out 2nd half of the day, but did get a cell snap of a tiny section of our last run of the day..

Nice HA!!!! Sweet pics...
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Stowe with Reganized was GOOD today. Angel Food trees skied great.

Name:	GOPR0175.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	679.2 KB 
ID:	108348

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Nice HA!!!! Sweet pics...
    Thanks weasel, I even got the worth sticker on TC's helmet in the 2nd pic...

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Thanks weasel, I even got the worth sticker on TC's helmet in the 2nd pic...
    Saw that! That's one of the best pics yet of TC this year.

^^^Yeah, good day fooling around in the woods in the Notch with TC, high anxiety, sequioashan, treewelldweller (I think)... Lots of thwacking, a couple good turns, but had my best run inbounds on a closed trail before patrol pulled my ticket. Totally worth it though, buttery smooth pow turns all the way down.

Nice pink bottoms, TC... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    had my best run inbounds on a closed trail before patrol pulled my ticket. Totally worth it though, buttery smooth pow turns all the way down.
    Sometimes you gotta do what you gots too do.

one day this year i'll get on a lift.
    still too bony for tree action down this way.
    so i went nordorking at Grafton again.
    stopped at the Saxton's River store to fuel up on Cider Doughnut's.
    the perfect Cider Doughnut's, crisp outer layer with soft cakey goodness on the inside.
    i fucking love Cider Doughnut's!
    ended up skate skiing close to 20K.
    put a fresh grind and 'hot boxed' my skate rocket's at work this week.

crab in my shoe mouth

Pretty solid day for sloppy seconds at Cannon yesterday.

Breakwater called me over to look at this trail below another one that runs parallel to the lift. Very clearly looked like a nice 20' wide line snaking alongside another trail. After scooching over about 1 foot to look at it, patrol shows up and starts reading us the riot act. There were zero ropes in the area, and the one he pointed out to us was roping off an uphill section. Spent a good 5 minutes reading us the ski patrol doctrine for something we had zero intention on riding. Turns out its an old lift line and he said there's buried rebar from the old towers. I love being a snowboarder at Cannon.

In less harsh news, I had a present waiting for me when I got home:

165, 27 waist, g'buy bootout! Can't wait to get on this thing!

Nice skinny stoked buttah, dig the barn shot

and Great Pics HA, here are few to add to the days adventures

Good day out with Treewell, Seqouishan, HA, and Crank, with a late appearance from ISBD!

Spent the morning exploring out back and found some awesome deep fresh turns, with some manageable crust underneath, but cut into the flow at points.

But the best skiing came after setting out to find a line that I have wanted to ski and HA had been there a few times. Steep piney top section had a pretty nasty crust with where the pine canopy had captured a lot of the new snow. But then after a couple hundred feet, as HA promised, it opened up and the crust completely dissapeared(not sure how he made that happen ), from then on out it was just some deep awesome turns for a ton a vert and made the suffering to get there more than worth it. Definitely will be back again.

Ha about start down a lane

And reaping the rewards of some sweat equity

clouded me out in this shot

Treewell getting involved

Ended out at the lower village and stoked to be on the kiddy lift thinking of Brewski burgers and beers

nice work TC. yer pics are looking wicked good this season.
    that one of Crank is $$$.
    no gloves on the lift, huh wonder what's going on there

no love for Bode's medal's?
    the Head rep is in the shop right now, with this!
    Shreadly's Globe from last season

Go Pat's!
    Last edited by buttahflake; 01-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Pretty solid day for sloppy seconds at Cannon yesterday.

Breakwater called me over to look at this trail below another one that runs parallel to the lift. Very clearly looked like a nice 20' wide line snaking alongside another trail. After scooching over about 1 foot to look at it, patrol shows up and starts reading us the riot act. There were zero ropes in the area, and the one he pointed out to us was roping off an uphill section. Spent a good 5 minutes reading us the ski patrol doctrine for something we had zero intention on riding. Turns out its an old lift line and he said there's buried rebar from the old towers. I love being a snowboarder at Cannon.

Bring it over, so we can get crunk during the patriots, and cut a half-moon tail in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	108359  
    Last edited by Breakwater; 01-22-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Photo
    Skiing made me Board

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post

Very pretty! I finally rode my 26/166 Storm yesterday, and it was awesome. They get lots of questions in the lift lines, too, given that they're longer than most people's skis.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    nice work TC. yer pics are looking wicked good this season.
    that one of Crank is $$$.
    no gloves on the lift, huh wonder what's going on there

no love for Bode's medal's?
    the Head rep is in the shop right now, with this!
    Shreadly's Globe from last season

Go Pat's!
    Those were/are so cool, Buttah...

Funny thing, I just meet the ex-Head rep the other day walking dogs on the beach. Mike B____? Good guy, always fun to talk skiing.

TC with the usual high fi stoke!

GO PATS!!!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Got up into the notch to check out a line I've been eyeing today. Talk about dust on crust, it was extremely firm under about 3 inches of light snow. Could barely even break through it bootpacking near the top of the gully. Felt good to get some more "technical" riding in though, I was starting to get complacent riding just pow. Also good conditions to see how well the splitboard could handle firmer snow.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Very pretty! I finally rode my 26/166 Storm yesterday, and it was awesome. They get lots of questions in the lift lines, too, given that they're longer than most people's skis.
    Haha, I bet! I'd love to get on a storm at some point, they look like giant weapons of trenching warfare.

TC, love the spray shot!

See you guys in a week, off to Cham!

Buttah, pretty cool to see those metals for sure, why were they brought to your shop? Also dig that red barn pic..

Anospa, sick board! venture seems to make good stuff, wouldn't mind trying one out someday. I am hooked on my neversummer at the moment though..

Grubbers, careful up there, still needs a ton more snow in those parts. (if your venturing where I think you are). What kind of split you on?