Page 176 of 396 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 9892
    Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Thoughts on what it'll look like tomorrow? Hoping the wind keeps some of it on the trails... Or pushes it into the trees!
    Tomorrow should be good. When I left around 1PM there was still plenty of soft goodness and it wasn't crowded at all. The wind was moving the snow around and seemed to be picking up as the day went on. I stayed out of the trees though so I can't comment on how they are skiing.

any word on cover on big jay? I may check it out from the bottom tomorrrow.
    Ski The East

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmBeer View Post
    Tomorrow should be good. When I left around 1PM there was still plenty of soft goodness and it wasn't crowded at all. The wind was moving the snow around and seemed to be picking up as the day went on. I stayed out of the trees though so I can't comment on how they are skiing.
    That makes me happy. Breakwater, get ready for an early departure you bum!

Quote Originally Posted by salomonskiier12 View Post
    last sunday, there was a fairly high budget sign up top saying it's off limits due to "low snowpack and fragile vegetation"

the glades were boney, but of course they get skied out.. i'm sure it's getting there

TC and Sequ I'll be up early for first chair. Planning on being I the lot by 7:30ish. Hopefully they load early. Likely hiking straight off unless things look good in bounds.

Give a shout in the a.m.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Vin I'll see you in lot 1 in the morning. Hope we squeeze a few more inches out of tonight to freshen things up.

page bump
    nice work boyz.
    i fucking hate you

good day at the shop today.
    the Head rep stopped by with Bode's medal's, on his way to SIA.
    crappy phone pic, and they are out of order but you get the idea.
    these things are 'heavy'.
    also got to fondle the Lange touring boot.

crab in my shoe mouth

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    It really isn't quite ready yet. A few years ago, some "eager beavers" went in before it was ready and it meant we all had to wait an extra three weeks instead of ONE WEEK to ski it (it literally dumped the following week but the damage was already done). One more good shot of snow and it should be good to go. Please wait so you don't end up on the "hunt that son of a bitch down" list.
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

Anyone have some Hunter Mtn beta?

Friend of the wife has invited us to spend the weekend sometime. Checked the website. Looks like they are doing ok inspite of the low snow year.

Just wondering what the mags say about the place?
    watch out for snakes

Don't waste your time with Hunter, drive the extra 35-40 min and hit Plattekill.

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    Vin I'll see you in lot 1 in the morning. Hope we squeeze a few more inches out of tonight to freshen things up.
    Should be some wind buff refills to be found. Dress warm tomorrow.

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    last sunday, there was a fairly high budget sign up top saying it's off limits due to "low snowpack and fragile vegetation"

the glades were boney, but of course they get skied out.. i'm sure it's getting there
    You talking the top of the tram? Because that sign will probably be there for much longer than people will be skiing it for.
    Was this sign you saw actually over on big jay? I saw quite a few cars down at the big jay lot last weekend, as well as a few today...
    Ski The East

anyone know how the presidentials are looking? tucks access and sherbie filled in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TC's just showing off now... up by 40 and still throwing deep.
    More like show and tell so you guys can see the conditions and make your plan. Was a fine day for sure.

FD-sequioshan-Vinman: not sure on plans, might tour tomorrow but some morning hike laps would be great to warm up

Great pics AK!

And UNM so good to see you guys at it again
    Last edited by thin cover; 01-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Some non-skiing photo stoke from this past week - the first three are sunset and sunrise pics from my stay at the Stone Hut last Sunday; the second two are from a round at Center Chains where I scored my first ACE on Hole 8. Nothing like teeing off and watching that sucker float right in and ring the chains.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1433.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	108269

Name:	DSCN1446.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	108266

Name:	DSCN1445.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	108265
    View from the 12th tee

Name:	DSCN1462.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	108267
    Pic from the 8th tee - ACE!

Name:	DSCN1466.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	108268
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1444.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	108264  

Quote Originally Posted by SheSkisTrees View Post
    It really isn't quite ready yet. A few years ago, some "eager beavers" went in before it was ready and it meant we all had to wait an extra three weeks instead of ONE WEEK to ski it (it literally dumped the following week but the damage was already done). One more good shot of snow and it should be good to go. Please wait so you don't end up on the "hunt that son of a bitch down" list.
    I'm not talking about ducking that rope, I'm thinking of a skin up from the road... defintely don't want to deal with those guys on patrol.
    Ski The East

I'm not talking about ducking that rope, I'm thinking of a skin up from the road... defintely don't want to deal with those guys on patrol.
    can't tell you much about the lower lot ski in conditions, don't go that way. overall its still 2' shy of really carefree skiing. still skipping some open water crossings under 2400', enough snow to cover most obstacles, not enough to avoid feeling them underfoot on the downhill. once above the hardwood line it skins better than it skis, but I don't take a lot of chances, I'm sure others would light it up. hardwood sections are skiing nicely, but gently, you dig in to dump speed you'll still uncover some terra firma

if your looking for a fun adventure, enjoy. if your into counting pow turns you might be disappointed. maybe not, hard tellin if you don't go.

pic from 1/15(3300'). all those 2' trees in the foreground are usually buried to make it safe

Today was a treat for sure.. I only got 3 runs in, but they were way better then expected, as you can tell from TC's pics, which came out really well for his p&s..

3 of him...

nice HA!
    and TC too.
    like that last pic best.

vt-ski
    especially like the sunset pics. good to see so much snow on the trees

First day at Stowe, worth skis, sweet! Snowing lightly

At the bush riding up north lynx. Snow seems to be good and falling from the sky. Any one out today?

Notch OB/BC was pretty good today. there was a bit of a rain crust but it was breakable and the fresh stuff from Thursday and Friday night made things nice in spots. Traffic was not much of an issue except for a group of 4 that jumped our line and rode right through the middle of the group I was in with the lead guy yelling "coming Through!!!"

It's not like it was a huge pow day or something. There wasn't even that many peeps bothering to hike out.

I really have only one rule in life, don't be an asshole.

WhiteRoom Skis

Sorry I missed you this morning Vin. Slacked a bit this morning, but still managed to get mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327175845.565434.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	108314  

Holy shit, we just got to Switzerland and checked into what my wife Ali describes as the Swiss version of Hot Tub Time Machine. Fucking shocker that we got it for free on some time share deal , I have never seen anything like it.......since 1975. Skiing looks sick though. Bombs going off since we got here. Looks like what I imagine Magic was like in the 70's. Speaking of Magic you ought to be getting dumped on any day now.....I was out west for 2 months and its snowed every day out there SINCE I LEFT. Should be at Magic in 2 weeks maybe we will stop being loners at the bar and actually meet some folks other than DoWork..And I only met him once or twice. Gotta go, wife is upstairs and I have to fend off this smokin ( BITD) swiss eurocouger....