Page 174 of 396 FirstFirst ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 9892
    Still snowing lightly now just rallied high anxiety for a few. Give a shout fussy. Vtsession- living 10 min away helps. I need to work by 11. But that could change of course. Let's meet on spruce this weekend and ski a lap.

yayyah, good to see totals higher than expected pretty much across the board. Attempting Bush again this weekend, knocking on wood.

Bowl is calling 3-4, which means more up high and in the woods from wind relocation. Looking forward to the weekend!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

good to read these reports.. go get some boys and girls......

^^^^ WEASEL1 i left your goggles with TC before i left... forgot to say thank you very much and also thanks again for mount and the new sexy skis i am skiiing.... you rock!
    always forward but never straight

Thanks MBB, I will get them from him at some point. And happy to help on the mount, there was no way you were leaving the Worths unmounted while we skied pow.. NO WAY. :-)
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Nice kidd! You guys will enjoy that. Those boys will be pumped for that trip.

Speaking of trips. Jay this year? Any talk or plans?

How ya feeling dude? Hope to catch up soon.
    there was a little talk of jay, but everyone bagged it. no snow. maybe in march...who knows.

if u go to cannon, be careful venturing into woods. this wasn't exactly good base snow...and god knows we don't have a base. this helps...

Last edited by strawjack; 01-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Smuggs as usual under reports easy 10+"on sterling. Heading up Madonna now. Money surprise pow day, was no where near expecting this.

Heading up to MWV to ski tomorrow. Most likely Wildcat. Wanted to get a tour in, maybe a lap on the Sherby, but based on the avy forecast the bowl or anything steep is going to be to likely to slide or scoured to a nasty crust. Anyone in the area?
    Last edited by neufox47; 01-20-2012 at 08:02 AM.

^^^Nice. Trying to figure out what I'm doing tomorrow. TC, wanna give an estimation if Smuggs would be worth it after today's schralpage?

Eug, VT-F, etc, how is the Bush? I really should use my pass there more often...

About 6" of supa-fluff in the southern hills of VT overnight. More expected tomorrow. Getting some lunchtime runs in today, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    ^^^Nice. Trying to figure out what I'm doing tomorrow. TC, wanna give an estimation if Smuggs would be worth it after today's schralpage?

Eug, VT-F, etc, how is the Bush? I really should use my pass there more often...
    I'm not there but I bet we could find a
    something up there tomorrow. I live close to Smuggs and only had an inch or two. It's the surprise pow that lasts. Get after it early tomorrow and stoke will be had.

What's the report on Magic? I'm thinking of meeting my brother there instead of at the 'Bush. Is the open terrain worthwhile? Never been there so any beta would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Heading up to MWV to ski tomorrow. Most likely Wildcat. Wanted to get a tour in, maybe a lap on the Sherby, but based on the avy forecast the bowl or anything steep is going to be to likely to slide or scoured to a nasty crust. Anyone in the area?
    I'll be at the Cat. Gray Trew pants (thumbs up) and either black jacket or yellow jacket, and super bros (or Bluehouse Maestros if there is still snow to be had). Say "Ellow!!!" if you get a chance.

Just stepped in from castlerock. A lil bony but not bad still Pow to be found. I'll take some via the iPhone and post later.

Quote Originally Posted by prophetman View Post
    What's the report on Magic? I'm thinking of meeting my brother there instead of at the 'Bush. Is the open terrain worthwhile? Never been there so any beta would be much appreciated.
    Natural snow trails at Magic are still kinda dicey and thin. One thing about Magic is if the trail is closed, its closed for good reason. Patrollers will open terrain even if its somewhat skiable. With the snow last night and a few inches tomorrow, man made snow trails will ski great. I would think they should have close to half their trails open by tomorrow.

The snow Magic has now is a good base for the next storm so, in my opinion, the snow on the steeper trails should be left alone so they're really skiable for the next dump.

I haven't skied the Bush this season so its tough to compare. I'll be at Stowe instead of Magic. The upper half of VT has much more of a base than anywhere in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    I'm not there but I bet we could find a
    something up there tomorrow. I live close to Smuggs and only had an inch or two. It's the surprise pow that lasts. Get after it early tomorrow and stoke will be had.
    Same here 2" at the house but easy 10" at mountain. Weird storm. HA and I got some seriously rude pics to put up. Just buried in blower. Even with how much fell you can still feel the coral bottom since this stuff is like 2%. 10% would have been preferred but I will take it. Touring should be nice tomorrow

I'm ready. Thinking about a hike in the morning then touring to keep warm. Give a shout later and we'll make a plan. We gots to get it while we can...forecast is not uplifting at the moment.

Magic was very good last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Natural snow trails at Magic are still kinda dicey and thin. One thing about Magic is if the trail is closed, its closed for good reason. Patrollers will open terrain even if its somewhat skiable. With the snow last night and a few inches tomorrow, man made snow trails will ski great. I would think they should have close to half their trails open by tomorrow.

The snow Magic has now is a good base for the next storm so, in my opinion, the snow on the steeper trails should be left alone so they're really skiable for the next dump.

I haven't skied the Bush this season so its tough to compare. I'll be at Stowe instead of Magic. The upper half of VT has much more of a base than anywhere in the East.
    Thanks for the report. I'll probably be heading up to Sugarbush. I was hoping to minimize the drive for the brother, but the extra hour and change to Sugarbush will probably be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by uppernotmaster View Post

Magic was very good last weekend.
    Congrats to Bromley Carmichael

SEACOAST SKINNY SKI SOCIETY UPDATE

blissful backyard hill/dale skiing this morning. amazing what 2 of new will do to bring miles of smiles. even found a new lake out in the middle of nowhere that i never knew did existed.

killer workout. beautiful way to start the day.

rob, i may ski george sunday. there will be options my friend.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    blissful backyard hill/dale skiing this morning. amazing what 2 of new will do to bring miles of smiles. even found a new lake out in the middle of nowhere that i never knew did existed.

killer workout. beautiful way to start the day.

rob, i may ski george sunday. there will be options my friend.

rog
    I'm taking clients to the Pats game Sunday. So no skiing for me Sunday. Maybe next weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I'm taking clients to the Pats game Sunday. So no skiing for me Sunday. Maybe next weekend...
    What do you sell?... I'll be a client!

Better yet, let me take them and you ski. Do they eat pork?...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Same here 2" at the house but easy 10" at mountain. Weird storm. HA and I got some seriously rude pics to put up. Just buried in blower. Even with how much fell you can still feel the coral bottom since this stuff is like 2%. 10% would have been preferred but I will take it. Touring should be nice tomorrow
    Shit, it sounds like a drive from PA may be in order tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    What do you sell?... I'll be a client!

Better yet, let me take them and you ski. Do they eat pork?...
    Forensic accounting services. It would be much cheaper to buy the tickets than to be my client. Not to mention, if you are my client, something bad happened to you.