Page 171 of 396 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 9892
    I'm with bucket, AT boots beat the cold better. On Sunday, I was out for six hours, minus lunch and breaks, with a five year old, third day on skis. He was so jazzed, he just wanted more. Even moving slowly, my toes never complained.

Sweet bicycles showing up in the stoke feed. Despite a strong preference for winter, riding is never far from the brain. The Scott I just got still gives me chills when I think about the fall flow and float, just like skiing.

For MRV food suggestions ... check out Mad Taco (real deal+local ingredients), Easy Street (fresh mozz+choc crinkle) and the Smokehouse (BBQ+draft choices) in Waitsfield. Near SB, check out Pizza Soul (big slices+NY-style), Muthastuffers(Dino+affordable proscuitto sandwiches), Henri's (history+cuisine), and Castlerock Pub (draft choices+ahi burger). The Mad River Barn (Betsy+ski to dinner from MRG+BarnBoySkis) usually does a great Saturday night buffet too. The fancier places deserve a look-see, if you can foot it. The new Common Man, Timber's, Picture Inn, and Mint are all well regarded. Flatbread is worth at least one visit too. Go early on weekend nights or plan to wait.

CR Liftline, Saturday. More please?

I'm pissed I have a Dentist appointment on Friday so only a day trip to Catamount to get the rust off.
    Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Just sayin....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	383304_347618515248769_100000018705587_1486253_841067355_n.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	108132
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Haha actually I pretty much leave right when it starts. I'll get like a foot, 2-4 more feet are supposed to come by Monday.

My shuttle leaves the mountain at 12:45 tomorrow. I may take some pics, if I feel like stopping
    Awwwww... damn. That blows. I thought you were just heading out there. You and Crank should get a free pass for the snow sacrifices you guys made.... here and there. Some of this is bound to hit the east though, so all may not be lost.

For MRV dining, The Purple Moon Pub is very good and near Hostel Tevere. Food's a lot better than the Hyde Away and beers can be had. Part of the same building as Easy St. Cafe.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

For MRV dining, The Purple Moon Pub is very good and near Hostel Tevere. Food's a lot better than the Hyde Away and beers can be had. Part of the same building as Easy St. Cafe.
    Better than Meatloaf Monday and Taco Tuesday????
    Silent....but shredly.

I'll give you Taco Tuesday... Hyde Away's not bad, just Purple Moon is so good. (Half owner Karen is gone though, so I hope it stays good.)

PM's fish tacos are amazing. Burgers rock, too.

top of page tunes

^Wait, I missed that... pagetop thief! (Nice choice, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Adrian is HERE

Must book flight
    Yo Adrian.... how is it?????!

VT-F... flight booked?

Has anyone skied Stowe this week? We're heading up there Saturday and want to know if trees are skiable.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Has anyone skied Stowe this week? We're heading up there Saturday and want to know if trees are skiable.
    Trees are all 100% skiable here so I assume there as well. it's just a matter of if you like your knees since its dust on crust right now. Yesterday's lap was not pretty its why I only took one. Up high there is a few inches to play in though. We need snow to cover this rain event up. If we do I will meet you at top of spruce though for a few runs.

the rain event sure did help our situation out down here. the 3-4" of base is covering/coating everything and the 4" we're expecting will make everything pure bliss. stoked for morning tour.

i guess more for sat as well. love the rain.

regarding steux. i always look for the manny stake to hit 40" before i start wandering in the woods there. but in this day of fat skis, protective battle gear, and POV, folks will ski just about anything. that rain crust/consolidation should help immensly once new lands on it.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Fwiw, for $50 they will put any topsheets you want on them.
    That is really awesome! I am not looking for new skis, but getting that kind of customization on ( by all accounts) great pair of skis, and keeping it local would put Worth on my list for next time I'm shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Trees are all 100% skiable here so I assume there as well. it's just a matter of if you like your knees since its dust on crust right now. Yesterday's lap was not pretty its why I only took one. Up high there is a few inches to play in though. We need snow to cover this rain event up. If we do I will meet you at top of spruce though for a few runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    the rain event sure did help our situation out down here. the 3-4" of base is covering/coating everything and the 4" we're expecting will make everything pure bliss. stoked for morning tour.

regarding steux. i always look for the manny stake to hit 40" before i start wandering in the woods there. but in this day of fat skis, protective battle gear, and POV, folks will ski just about anything. that rain crust/consolidation should help immensly once new lands on it.

rog
    Damn, I didn't realize it rained up there recently. Well at least there's a base for the next storm. I'm hoping the inbounds trails will ski well at least.

Yeah we got some snow on the front and back but the rain crept up for a brief period, but thats all it takes when its negative 10 out like right now. Supposed to snow, you should be fine.

While we got rain le massif got almost a foot of snow.

http://www.lemassif.com/en/planifier...es?doc_id=3483

The forth pic from yesterday is off the hook. Probably the best ec pic I've seen so far this season.

Off to another mountain bike ride in a bit I'll make sure to take some pics and clutter up this thread for you guys!

Heading up this weekend....where should I go.
    Magic? shortest drive...but how's it lookin?
    Sugarbush/MRG? Love it there.
    Smuggs? Never been.

Tell me where I should go...ski.

-Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Smuggs? Never been.

Tell me where I should go...ski.

-Smarty
    Crystal

I see what you did there!

For anyone feeling the blues - continental is having a ridiculous sale. There's only a few seats left, but NYC - SLC for a few dates in feb is $120 RT. Can combine with the google offers deal at solitude (link) for a sweet setup.

I confirmed feb 6/7 until 13, and feb 12-18, and also one around feb 28. Also available to PDX, and maybe seattle.

I'm dying that I can't take adantage of this. Someone do it and send some snow karma over here.
    If you are driving to Jay Peak this evening, please drive carefully you bad ass.

jgb@etree Guest
    Magic's definitely one of the closest spots if you're coming from the south, and while you're certain to have a blast there, only about half of the trails are open (if you're the type to pay attention to closed signs & ropes).

That said, regardless of open terrain, most of VT got some liquid sunshine earlier in the week followed by a deep freeze, so conditions are probably going to be damn near bulletproof everywhere until some new snow falls (forecasted for tonight and Saturday, so that's a good thing).

So I guess my recommendation would be Magic - you'll get your fill of skiing, drinking and are sure to meet a bunch of friendly maggots.

Happy driving.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by C.O. Jones View Post
    For anyone feeling the blues - continental is having a ridiculous sale. There's only a few seats left, but NYC - SLC for a few dates in feb is $120 RT. Can combine with the google offers deal at solitude (link) for a sweet setup.

I confirmed feb 6/7 until 13, and feb 12-18, and also one around feb 28. Also available to PDX, and maybe seattle.

I'm dying that I can't take adantage of this. Someone do it and send some snow karma over here.
    Thanks for the heads up. The Mrs & I were just talking last night about when we're going to head out to Utah - I'll have to check out those continental flights - even if it means leaving out of Newark (which sucks for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    4 hole here as well. Let me know if you get a pair of Humps (maybe the softer layup) down to the Magic area.
    I'm riding up North with JGB tonight and most likely skiing Smuggs Fri and back down to Magic for Sat & Sun- I would be happy to bring an inserted pair back down with us fwiw. Have to insert my DBs anyways, so might as well kill a whole bunch of birds with one stone, right?

Let me know whatever you guys decide.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

do you shit rainbows?

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Smuggs? Never been.

Last I heard Magic's natural snow has been locked down by the wetness, so if we get the couple inches of fresh tonight we're supposed to, things should look good this weekend. There was some loss, but I've been told it's not too bad coverage wise.

If you decide to come out, just look for the peeps with the bright colors and ask for change, I'd love to meet ya and make some turns.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. The Mrs & I were just talking last night about when we're going to head out to Utah - I'll have to check out those continental flights - even if it means leaving out of Newark (which sucks for me).
    V-day with the misses at solitude, don't tell her it was cheap as all getout...score points and catch some pow!
    If you are driving to Jay Peak this evening, please drive carefully you bad ass.