Page 131 of 396 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 9892
    It figures, I leave the state for one day to visit family and we get a good dumping.

Enjoy all!

Anyone else refreshing the MRG page every minute

I know this has been discussed, but is Jay cool with sleeping in the parking lot? Plan is to head up Friday night and ski Jay Saturday and MTW Sunday (gonna be taking it easy on New Years). Snow fall may change this. Giving serious consideration to MRG. Monday is up in the air.

Anyone else going to be at Jay, MRG, MTW?

cold stiff wind at Stowe this morning. 6"ish of new but blowing around and open trails were pretty hard. night hike up spruce last night was soft and boot deep

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Anyone else refreshing the MRG page every minute

was...til:

Dec 29, 2011:
    Close But No Cigar!

We picked up an unexpected 8" to 12" of very light and fluffy snow . We came very close to being able to open up the main mountain but it was not to be. We will absolutely be opening up the Practice Slope and Handle Tow tomorrow and it remains possible that we may be able to pull the main mountain off as well. Yesterdays snow dried out a ton overnight with the frigid temps and fierce winds. There are still open water bars, wind scoured areas and general hazards. With colder temps expected we hope the mountain will "set up" a bit and give us a shot to be able to get cats on it and move some snow around. Trust me folks no one is more psyched to crank things up than we are, please stay tuned to the latest. As my Mom always told me; "The best things in life are worth waiting for!
    they are close though...was seriously bummed about the state of the mtn just a few days ago...now all giddy with anticipation

A good morning was had shredding some good ole' VT pow with TC and TWD at Smuggs. Ropes were ducked, ropes were dropped. Suddenly all is right with the world, the colors are bright again. Round two is coming...winter has arrived.

^^^^ Cant believe its here, freezing my ass off, pow hitting me in the face, toes like blocks of cement, yeah its arrived for sure. No one was really into waiting for shots, but will throw a few up later that I managed.

Lawn Furniture stoke, touching 13-14"

Edit: Great stoke Weasel! cant wait to make some turns on the 192 carbon Hump Backs.

I havent been on these forums in a long long time....first link i click on is that "douchy patroller snowbasin" thing....what a mistake.....should have clicked on the ECroll call because heads are always positive in here. Think my first year back on skis in last two brought the mega low tide but something tells me the rest of the season is going to be one for the books. If anyone sees a brown smith helmet, 4frnt msps, and a navy/maroon trew top at kmart this wknd give a shout, raise a beer, a shot, tro me a lighter, dap me out, whatever...happy new year and have a great fucking season!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFat View Post
    .....should have clicked on the ECroll call because heads are always positive in here.
    Note: Please avoid reading old posts in this thread. Now that snow is falling attitudes are improving.

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

That ^^^ statement is funneh.

What an awesome day, stayed off the manmade and slayed the fresh. Only 1 minor coreshot but the gaper show made up for it, never seen so many charge full tilt into waterbars and double eject. My quads are pissed at me in a "hate fucked" kind of way. Cannot forget how much the full on sunny day made it so easy to ignore the cold.

Thank You ULLR
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Its was a sick day today. 14 inches at least of blower pow at the top and it was also so cold. Cold enough where I could only take pictures of one run. I took 4 laps 2 double 2 single. I started skinning at 8 and ended at 230. It was a long day. But no more need to skin because they are opening tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

^^^^wtf!! VT...damn, i wish i was there! what a difference one state over makes...

One more I found.
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

dude? what did i ever do to you?

Hit MRG as well, lots o skinners but certainly plenty to go around, deeeeeep where the wind had blown, few pics to post once my computer drys from my dog pissin on it!

Are they opening the single tomorrow? I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by ecskier7 View Post

Its was a sick day today. 14 inches at least of blower pow at the top and it was also so cold. Cold enough where I could only take pictures of one run. I took 4 laps 2 double 2 single. I started skinning at 8 and ended at 230. It was a long day. But no more need to skin because they are opening tomorrow!
    those pictures are killing me a little inside!
    total failure on choice of days taken this week - at work tomorrow.
    will go seeking out scraps saturday morning - though hopefully there'll be a little bit of new white stuff still falling then.

way to get after it day after day though
    (and to think i thought your plan for the week might have been overly optimistic)

the mountain looks absolutely beautiful, and finally ready to usher in a proper 2011-2012 lift-served season with two days to spare!

awesome!

Great morning at MRG. The pow was light and dry and felt good under my feet after skiing only man-made boilerplate this season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20111229-00008.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	106711  

stoke from today(including a brutal -10 6:30 am dawn patrol), people were not keen on waiting, this week has restored my faith in this season, its what we have been waiting for.

Got some POV if I can figure out how to edit it and upload

^^^ohhhh boy!

I'm drooling. I'm also debating skipping work to ski MRG tomorrow. Although it looks like you guys tracked it up pretty good.

Ya its tracked on the main trails like catamount, chute, slalom hill. Gazel wasent bad and gazel woods were even better I was the only person who went down them. But It might be worth skipping work. It also depends on how much they open.

I just called MRG and was told they are planning on running the double and single chairs tomorrow.
    on the send bus to gnar town

^^^ cough! COUGH! crap! stomach bug's got me

Had a nice day at the snowbowl. gf is getting better, the snow was soft, the trails empty and the tickets stupid cheap. Looked a lot like this:

Then I saw Weasel who suggested I follow him on a poach mission. mental note: always follow the weasel...

I'll be at MRG hopefully freeskiing for the morning. Probably going to try out my *new* early season 183 black goats. Dunno. White helmet with MRG stickers and a contour. It'd be cool to meet up with any mags who want to tell me about how good it was today.

p.s. refills tonight? please please please
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    ^^^^wtf!! VT...damn, i wish i was there! what a difference one state over makes...
    Right?? Nothing but wind blown ice here in the MWV. I'd love to take off for VT tomorrow but family obligations are probably going to hold me here. Looks like more hugging the trail edges for sugar bumps at Wildcat and Attitash for me...