Page 17 of 181 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Page 2 and no posts for over 24 hours?

Back to page 1

Anyone have a dog and do the commute from the city? I'm seriously considering getting one but am trying to see if it'd be fair with skiing on the weekends.

What do you do with your dog when you ski? Our lease allows pets but leaving them might be not cool...for them. Are they ok in the commute? Chain lines on 80?

How is this for a post:

If you have a college ID you can get a $199 pass to rose; the pass has no blackouts and is unlimited. This has to be a "Valid" college ID. You don't need a transcript, just the ID. This is valid today and tomorrow and is not available online, you need to call the office to get it.

- A word on IDs: They no longer do anything to IDs to validate, SO, all you need is a college ID. If you have ever taken a class at UNR or TMCC you probably have one of these laying around, but they do not limit to UNR or TMCC so if you have a college ID (from some time in the last decade would probably be most believable) you can get a $199 unlimited access pass to Mt. Rose.

That is all...

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Turbo - it sounds like you should just not get a dog. Sure, they're great to have around, but if you're seriously planning to head up to Tahoe from the city every weekend, it'll be a major pain in the ass and/or expensive. Unless of course your ski lease is dog friendly and the dog is cool w/other people there even if you're not around.

Quote Originally Posted by turboLT View Post
    Anyone have a dog and do the commute from the city? I'm seriously considering getting one but am trying to see if it'd be fair with skiing on the weekends.

What do you do with your dog when you ski? Our lease allows pets but leaving them might be not cool...for them. Are they ok in the commute? Chain lines on 80?
    Talk to The Dad. He has three dogs now. And takes all three to Tahoe. We shared a ski lease in Truckee for a while. I enjoyed playing with the dogs, but was glad not to be the one responsible for taking them out, cleaning up after them, hauling them back and forth, etc. Better him than me, IMO. Plenty of people do it, and the dogs love the snow.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

What Sinecure said. (Although since we've been in Alpine Meadows proper, we just let the dogs out first thing in the morning and again when we get home -- one of them sometimes decides to stay out all day, but that's his problem, not ours.)

Some dogs travel better than others. One of our three is the best car rider I've ever seen -- he just curls up on a seat, floor, or lap, and lies there pretty much the whole time, shifting to a different location occasionally. I've totaled a car with him riding with me, and he didn't even get out of the seat. The other two get frantic at least once or twice a trip. YMMV.

But they do all love the snow.
    not counting days 2016-17

Turbo, why drag your dog to the snow and leave them in the car all day? And no dog should have to live in the city. Sounds like you are not ready for a dog. woof !!!!

any tahoe mags just feel a tremor?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

EARTHQUAKE!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...c71671056.html

whoa, a 5.2...that's pretty major (or at the very least "significant" as defined by the USGS)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Centered right near Yuba Pass. One of my favorite climbing sites may have gotten a bit taller.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

it got demoted to a 4.7...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Level 1s "After Dark" tonight at 50-50 in Truckee... Afterparty with music from DubFyah (FullWatts HiFi) One Truest (Treetop Sound) and DJ Treez (KTKE 101.5)
    Sponsored by High Fives and Skirp Clothing
    $5 Cover... Drink Specials available all night!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoermk View Post
    Turbo, why drag your dog to the snow and leave them in the car all day? And no dog should have to live in the city. Sounds like you are not ready for a dog. woof !!!!
    Where did he say he was going to leave it in the car?

As for the city comment, having had dogs in the city, suburbs, and country, I can tell you that some dogs do extremely well in each, and others extremely poorly. Vischlas, for example, shouldn't be in an apartment (at least, not one I could ever afford). But as a blanket statement, it's silly.

any of you fools going to the SnowBomb thingy next weekend? I might actually leave TuCo for a weekend.....
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Mike, I may go. If you need a place to crash, I've got room down here on the peninsula. I'm going to a kids concert on Saturday night at the local HS so not sure if I'll go to the show on Sat or Sun.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

boreal opening tomorrow at 300pm... 9-2 on sattaday

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    Level 1s "After Dark" tonight at 50-50 in Truckee... Afterparty with music from DubFyah (FullWatts HiFi) One Truest (Treetop Sound) and DJ Treez (KTKE 101.5)
    Sponsored by High Fives and Skirp Clothing
    $5 Cover... Drink Specials available all night!
    Thursday? Couldn't push it out to a Friday? Ask around and see if you can make that happen...

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Mike, I may go. If you need a place to crash, I've got room down here on the peninsula. I'm going to a kids concert on Saturday night at the local HS so not sure if I'll go to the show on Sat or Sun.
    I think we are good to go on lodging. I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know. It would be me, Krystal Kartwright and Throwin' Owen - a major fucking junk-show fer sure. My family = Beverley Hillbillies.

Either way, let's try to hook up for a bevy or something.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

So are they working on Carson pass on the weekends right now, or is it just the 1 way traffic with the light. I'd like to head over the pass Saturday, but not if they have long closures going on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    any of you fools going to the SnowBomb thingy next weekend? I might actually leave TuCo for a weekend.....
    I'll be in Tahoe, unfortunately. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    So are they working on Carson pass on the weekends right now, or is it just the 1 way traffic with the light. I'd like to head over the pass Saturday, but not if they have long closures going on.

Thanks
    according to caltrans
    IS CLOSED AT THE CARSON PASS SUMMIT (ALPINE CO) FROM 1300 HRS TO 1600 HRS
    MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 10/31/11 - DUE TO BLASTING - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO
    USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 2 HOURS

and it looks like we have a return to weather next friday.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

If anyone has an extra ticket to the SF premier of OFTR, I'd love to get it/buy it from you. Moved here from Jackson 3 months ago (after being there for 3 years). Need some stoke back in my life...brraaah

Anyone want to tour Carson Pass Sunday, or next week for that matter? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    What Sinecure said. (Although since we've been in Alpine Meadows proper, we just let the dogs out first thing in the morning and again when we get home -- one of them sometimes decides to stay out all day, but that's his problem, not ours.)

Some dogs travel better than others. One of our three is the best car rider I've ever seen -- he just curls up on a seat, floor, or lap, and lies there pretty much the whole time, shifting to a different location occasionally. I've totaled a car with him riding with me, and he didn't even get out of the seat. The other two get frantic at least once or twice a trip. YMMV.

But they do all love the snow.
    Great points. It's probably a better idea to revisit in the summer when I'm not already committed to a lease, even if it is pet friendly.

Tahoermk: I couldn't disagree with you more re: city life. My aunt and uncle have been dog owners for years and their dogs have a great life: Beach on the weekend, dog parks bigger than any yard just across the street, public transportation for their parents to scoot home during lunch if necessary and a million walking services when they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by turboLT View Post

All depends on the dog and the owner....no real one size fits all answer to all the above. Obviously puppies can't be left all day in house or car while you ski, but older dogs (some) can. I have a 6 yr old lab who loves road trips, and I usually take him skiing with me. I have a big LL Bean dog bed in the back of the Suby that he happily sleeps in while I ski. I come out and get him out every few hours and then he joins in après festivities.

I also just leave him at home some days if I am doing a dawn patrol and plan to be home by lunch etc. just depends.

As for 80 shenanigans when it shuts down etc. just take them for a walk on the road! my old dog Shasta and I got stuck on 80 for a few hours one night when it closed and were walking on the highway past all the cars when a Sac news crew decided to flim us and make Shasta their lead in. Pretty funny.

Longer trips same deal. He loves to rally. Dogs rule, treat them like a beloved member of the family and use common sense. Good luck!