Page 9 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    [continued from here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hread/page251]

I just bagged my first turns for 2011/2012 on Sunrise Bowl at noon...
    you beat me then, the little cell phone camera said 1:15

first two were here

last two were here (though each run was like a half run)

and it's snowing outside
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	run-1.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	101057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-kirkwood-day-1 020.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	342.5 KB 
ID:	101058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-kirkwood-day-1 040.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	101059  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Dam.

Earliest snow since 1969 for Tahoe and shortest duration between snowfalls; with the last one occurring July 1st. according to this article:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/earli...oe-since-1969/
    Huh? I'm not sure what counts as the "earliest" vs. the "latest" snow, but I can think of many instances of getting a decent amount of snow in August and September. I'm sure others can give dates and totals.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Esme was found in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. She was covered in dread locks and couldn't walk. She had cuts all over her face. I took her to the vet and the x-rays showed a broken pelvis. 6 weeks of rest in a crate and this week she cut loose playin'.

Today's walk was a little snowier.
    What a lucky dog to be found by such a kind soul.

Esme was found in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. She was covered in dread locks and couldn't walk. She had cuts all over her face. I took her to the vet and the x-rays showed a broken pelvis. 6 weeks of rest in a crate and this week she cut loose playin'.

Today's walk was a little snowier.

can i have her back now?

seriously though, if she needs a home...

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    Huh? I'm not sure what counts as the "earliest" vs. the "latest" snow, but I can think of many instances of getting a decent amount of snow in August and September. I'm sure others can give dates and totals.
    Umm, yeah. It snowed a couple of inches above 7,000' on August 29 just last year, and a few years back I remember 3" on the Tahoe City golf course in mid-September, so I don't know where that info came from. And I remember several times in the last 15 years when I'd skied Rose by now.
    or don't

splitter, that's a picture of sheer unadulterated awesomeness.
    not counting days 2016-17

Whomever cut the skin track above TC, thank you.
    I will use more of it tomorrow.

Solid 10" at TC, 14-16" where I clicked in.
    REAL SNOW!!!!!!!

Let it Snow!

12 to 20" at Bear Valley today on a north facing slope. Heavy snow made for a good base; didn't clip any rocks or stumps during three laps. What a beautiful day and great start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Whomever cut the skin track above TC, thank you.
    I will use more of it tomorrow.

Solid 10" at TC, 14-16" where I clicked in.
    REAL SNOW!!!!!!!

Let it Snow!
    you're welcome. sad aprt aout this refresh is that the track will be gone tomorrow.

Bummer on that refresh...

Lots of rain fell in SC between 5-6 tonight. And it is still falling out there. Funny thing is I have plans this weekend because our friends don't want to go up to Kirkwood this weekend because of the weather. And here I was thinking we should join them. Guess I'll need to try to find some of that south instead.

Enjoy the snow.

Looks like it was fun. Though the sun will probably do its trick by this weekend as others have said the pics have pretty much sealed the deal. Planning on heading up Fri night to get some October turns Sat morning @ DP or CP.

Too bad we missed you PD, but a nice way to break in the new season w/Gimpy nonetheless: http://unofficialnetworks.com/unoffi...ernight-45965/

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    CalTrans closes the road and blasts from 1 to 3pm. But I that's at the summit. You should be good to get through the spur.
    yup, there have been the reported 2 hr delays, but very rarely, and if tomorrow is snowy like today (radar looks ok) they won't be doing much. talked to the guy today and it looks like they'll now be there through the end of october.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    What a lucky dog to be found by such a kind soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    can i have her back now?

seriously though, if she needs a home...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    splitter, that's a picture of sheer unadulterated awesomeness.
    Thanks for all the comments. It was nice getting her out. I had a trip planned down south with a buddy who had to cancel the morning I was loading the truck, because he had a fire in Elko.

I figured I'd head up to the cabin with Esme and Dakota and show her around. I was stoked when my last day off we had snow to go explore.

My wife is due November 20 with our first kiddo, so going away on a trip and finding a broken dog to bring home wasn't exactly her idea of perfect-timing. But, we weren't against another dog, we were just waiting to find "ours". Also, we are saps, and my wife always gets bummed when there is a sad dog at the pound or left alone in the backyard all day everyday other than to yell at it for barking from neglect, or when the SPCA commercial comes on at night. I tell her, all you can really do is take really good care of the one's that come your way.

So I guess this one couldn't have come along as "ours" any more than it did, and it was an opportunity to give a good life to one that hadn't had one. It was time to put my money where my mouth was.

splitter, your a good man. Kudos to the misses and congrats on the new baby. this world would be a better place if more people had the same attitude. your karma is/will be good and strong.

Nice PD, gimpy and DS. Well done, this morning is probably going to be damn good too!

Two Days and i'm still amped. A month ago, seemed like never eneding summer; now i cannot even think of anything besides when the next snowstorm will roll in. a hot day is now just a nuisance.

Seems even the weather channel is willing to give Tahoe some love. must be a slow news period between hurricane of the decade and blizzard of the decade seasons for them.

great pics taken from all the resorts: sieera, mt rose, mammoth:
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/weath...ins_2011-10-05
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

One day earlier this year Darkstar and you didn't even have to go to the top of Freel this time.

Nice work all and more pics people!

As nice as it looks, I'm still jonesing to get some more high altitude mountain bike rides in before winter settles in for good, Tis the season to get some of those seldom ridden projects done.

My wife is due November 20 with our first kiddo
    Mazel tov!
    not counting days 2016-17

went to bed last night with all the day's snow melted off the deck and driveway...just woke up to a re-freshed dump of 4" lining the deck, roof, and the roads are awaiting the plow.

wow.

wish i still had my BC set-up because yesterday's 1.75 hour post-holing boot-pack to ski sludge, battle the snow octopus, and get tangled in sage was brutal...

PD: nice pics (per usual).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Here's another from yesterday near Mt. Rose. The ski resort looked pretty good and hourglass was probably pretty good too, didn't have time to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    went to bed last night with all the day's snow melted off the deck and driveway...just woke up to a re-freshed dump of 4" lining the deck, roof, and the roads are awaiting the plow.

wow.

wish i still had my BC set-up because yesterday's 1.75 hour post-holing boot-pack to ski sludge, battle the snow octopus, and get tangled in sage was brutal...

PD: nice pics (per usual).
    You wear a 26.5 right? Swing through SC, and I'll hook you up.

anybody getin sum 2day???

I'm debating, since the new snowfall is gonna make my trek back to the Bay a--in the immortal words of Too $hort--beeeeeeyatch, but I am presently leaning towards the negative. Yesterday's ratio of hiking to turns (and falling to turns) was pretty brutal and since I currently don't have skis for my skins (or AT boots) or snowshoes, I'm not sure I wish to post-hole like a mofo again...

Those who venture out, good luck!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en