Page 6 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    Ha that was fun...

Met Snowhot, FlexonPhil, Splitter and Corky. (have pics but I will have to wait until my phone is charged again)

Nice show fun peeps and a nice relaxing Thursday.

USKREEM <- This will make sense to some...

okbye
    Thanks for comin' on down and letting my in-laws and folks take over your table. It was good seein' ya again. Thanks to Corky, Phil, and Snowhot for makin' it out as well.

I had a lot of fun. Work was less-so today.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Thanks for comin' on down and letting my in-laws and folks take over your table. It was good seein' ya again. Thanks to Corky, Phil, and Snowhot for makin' it out as well.

I had a lot of fun. Work was less-so today.
    The show is 11/2. Same time, same place as last year: https://www.tetongravity.com/one-for-...t.aspx?tid=925

We doing the late show again? filmtour will likely have discounted fix available. I can't say I am a fan of the establishment and the screen quality, however, it was fun meeting up with everyone, so I would likely do it again.

More imminent is the new MSP film, which is in SF on 10/11. Same time, same place as last year: http://www.skimovie.com/index.php/in...-francisco-ca/

While the venue is less tailgate friendly, I will probably be heading up for that as well.

Not wishing to cock up the Tahoe thread with Yay Area slang tang, I took the liberty of kick starting this for all the SF locals: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ing-in-the-Bay

FWIW, Tahoe heads get quite a few more films choices this season (Level 1, for example is showing Reno and Truckee, but not anywhere in the Bay).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    FWIW, Tahoe heads get quite a few more films choices this season (Level 1, for example is showing Reno and Truckee, but not anywhere in the Bay).
    yeahbut, no sweetgrass productions in the area...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps View Post
    Haha yeah man been out here 2 years now - congrats on the move - lets catch up over some beers.
    PM me. I'm at the edge of lower haight, geographically, and I work from home so I got nothing but time.

Cool

BUMP
    cant be on page 2 with a storm brewing... might be riding some pow wednesday or thursday!

Yep...have an evening meeting i am trying to get out of on Wednesday. Eff volunteerism!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    BUMP
    cant be on page 2 with a storm brewing... might be riding some pow wednesday or thursday!
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

This storm should officially kick off the new season......?! right?!?!?!
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by HiGrade1 View Post
    This storm should officially kick off the new season......?! right?!?!?!
    I'm gonna say no. It will be a nice tease, but I'm not expecting much soon after it. I'm more looking forward to the storm buffing out the MTB trails here in the foothills.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Hiking Kirkwood early am on Thurs if the storm pans out. Sentinel bowl usually only needs about 12-15" for good turns. Anyone else interested let me know.

Nuthon,
    I would love some company on the track. Bella and I will be in the Sunrader SkiBumMobile. Are you parking by Cornice or TC?

Let it Snow!

Ya, this is a teaser. All it's going to do for me is fuck up my route over 108 to fish the EW Friday. I know there are some sketchy spots on SP, but come on CalTrans, don't close 'er down, I can make it over, I swear!

skiing is a long way off.....the snow melt should make for some good trails this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Chair 9 lot. By the ski school building. Trying to be there between 6-630 . I'll pm you wed night to confirm. i have to work thurs morn, but i already told the boss i wouldn't be in till 10-11.

KW webcam still showing dry, but you guys will get some goods in a few hours. It's already started over here in SF.

(edit: goods = relative, it'll definitely be a light dusting until the real wave hits!)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    skiing is a long way off.....the snow melt should make for some good trails this weekend.
    Fuck that, i been off real snow for 7 months. I'm pretty much foaming at the mouth over this little squirt of an early season storm. I know it will be gone in a couple of days, but it will be real good for at least a couple of laps.

Roundtop refills!

My first issue with the squalpine merger occurred today: after racing to alpine to pay for my pass I got to the special ticket office at 2:51 (supposed to be open til 3) and no one was there... full on ghost town, after wandering around yelling "I want to give you money" a few times throughout the lodge I raced back to work... In the past they were open early and stayed late, hopefully this isnt the future of customer service at Alpine Meadows

All this is doing is messing up the remainder of the Eastside alpine ice/rock season - ugh. I wanted the rest of October for some more High Sierra granite and that random patch of neve/ice....

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    My first issue with the squalpine merger occurred today: after racing to alpine to pay for my pass I got to the special ticket office at 2:51 (supposed to be open til 3) and no one was there... full on ghost town, after wandering around yelling "I want to give you money" a few times throughout the lodge I raced back to work... In the past they were open early and stayed late, hopefully this isnt the future of customer service at Alpine Meadows
    Not sure, but you might have more success at the offices at the base of the road, in the little shopping area where Crest Cafe is.
    not counting days 2016-17

Nah Dad... tried that too... they said, "the special tickets office should be open"

D'oh. Well, it looks like special tickets' phone is (530) 581-8310, if you want to call them before you head over next time. Which might not be a bad idea, since based on what OHC posted in another thread, the staffers may be in limbo right now.

Of course, another alternative would be to buy the passes at Squaw....
    not counting days 2016-17

Trying to get thursday off, if so looks like the frush and I will be in the kirkwood vicinity.

I'll ski Thursday. Who wants to watch my son in the parking lot? I'll leave you a bottle and a few diapers. I'll only be gone for a few hours. He is a bundle of joy. Should be lots of fun.