Page 3 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    +1 - they also serve mojitos by the pitcher that are pretty tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    best sunset dining - edgewood. not as expensive as the riva grill. the sports bar is great for apres and football too, but they're not open monday nghts.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Personally, I don't understand all the local love for TJ. I went there once last season because of all the hype and >$10 later I came out with the smallest, weakest veggie burrito I've ever had in my life. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the wealth of excellent burritos to be had anywhere in San Francisco, but TJ was overpriced and underwhelming.

IMHO, pretty much all of the "mexican" food to be had in Truckee is bunk (unless you really love refried beans, stale rice, and overpricedness), though the best ones I've found are the new little taco joint down by the train station (it's across from Truckee Sports Exchange). Cheap, good portions, friendly service. For sit down the spot next to Porter's has always seemed to be a cut above the other choices in town. That said, like any self-respecting wannabe ski bum, I usually make my own food.
    Well when you're limiting yourself to veggie burritos...there's the issue. That does limit ya...and I know, being the only carnivore in my house.

+1 for Diegos on West River but if you have not tried a veggie burrito at Bill's, that seems to be my family's favorite.

At TJ's it's all about the Armadillo. Covers all of the food groups...beef, pork, chicken, shrimp and cactus.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

for the 3 times you'll make it down to kwood, isn't it just cheaper to buy day tickets?!
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    +1 - they also serve mojitos by the pitcher that are pretty tasty.
    just Brooks' sports bar. the main bar doesn't offer pitchers and their version is too sweet (i think on purpose so they don't have to make them).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Holy crap its cold right now. It has to be like... 58 degrees. Winter is totally here.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

my biking season is over, im ready for winter, BRING IT ON!

jumping the gun i see. u need to change the whats up to whats to eat.

Reporting. Tis all.

Stolen bike, please help if you can!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Reward-n-stuff!

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

This was in the 10/11 thread, but I thought I'd toss it up here too, just in case.

I'm getting together the same condo to ski lease at Alpine again this winter. We're looking for another weekday ski lease member, plus one more weekend member, depending on scheduling.

This is a ski lease, not full time housing. It is right at Alpine Meadows (ski condo run home and you're in the parking lot) - you can walk to the hill. The condo is 3BR/3BA, 1 car garage, TV, WiFi, full kitchen, plenty of storage, small but comfortable and nice (not fancy). Most of the members are families/couples - not a party house.

For a weekday member, there will be times when you'll be sharing with a winemaker and his wife. They don't get up much during the lead-up to the holidays, but they're there in Jan-Apr. They're nice and laid-back and always bring good wine with them. There's also another middle-aged couple with no kids and the wife skis more than the husband. Sometimes the weekday members spend a few weekdays up there, or come up early/stay late. We'd like to add one more weekday single person or couple.

We'd also like to find one more couple or single person for full (weekend) membership. That means you can go up any time, although we really need to find someone who doesn't plan to ski Christmas week.

I'm happy to discuss costs via email/pm/phone, but it is pretty reasonable and the amazing location makes it one of those investments you're so psyched you made the first time you get snowed in or they close the road for avalanche control in the morning. It is also an added bonus that you really don't need a car. I've had weekends where I hitched a ride to Tahoe and just hung out at the cabin/mountain all weekend.

PM me if interested and I can share more details. I'd love to find a couple more maggots. I've had great experiences leasing ski houses with maggots before (The Dad, StormDay, XtrmJoe are all people I've shared with). XtrmJoe is the weekday winemaking maggot who is with us currently.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Back to page 1.

Summer is unofficially over. I need some dry weather the next few weekends but after the 25th (High 5's Bocce Tourney), bring on the snow!

As a DFJ I'd like to say that I'm committed to add substance to this fine thread this year. Time will tell... and I'm jonesing to get back home to the west where I belong...

Joining the roll call. Personally, I wouldn't mind a little precip to knock down some of the moon dust and if it starts as snow in the high country more the better.

Fuuuuuck. Where's that, Splat?
    not counting days 2016-17

Can't wait to try out the carbon bro's. Here's to another big year and DOnner mini's in late June.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Fuuuuuck. Where's that, Splat?

Really? Palisades at Squaw Valley.

Even I knew that.

That's what it looked like, but I was confused by placement in the 11/12 thread, and in the summer, no less. Figured maybe he was "testing" in the other hemisphere.

Ever interested in what the hell I was up to at the end of high school and into college? Some embarrassing shit in there but whatever, still lots of classic Tahoe stoke footage...heh.

95' - Volatile Descent (lots of Heavenly pow, Kirkwood cliffs, June & July skiing at Alpine, Squaw & Carson Pass)

96' - Stitches, Riches & DH Boards (Colorado, Utah, Kirkwood, Heavenly, some Jackson Hole)

97' - World Snow Chaos (Colorado - Steamboat, Crested Butte, Kirkwood, Truckee floods, Boulder Riots)

...and if you missed it, THE SWARM!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    That's what it looked like, but I was confused by placement in the 11/12 thread, and in the summer, no less. Figured maybe he was "testing" in the other hemisphere.
    Just workin' up some anticipation amidst a remembrance of last seasons wonderfulness.

The Swarm!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Just workin' up some anticipation amidst a remembrance of last seasons wonderfulness.

The Swarm!!!!!
    Yeah, I got that now. I'm getting a little slow in my old age.

New Roll Call thread for 9/23/11 "On the Road" premiere....

And buuuump!

Roll call for Foam Fest - http://www.dsusafw.org/event_foamfest.shtml. Who's going?

It's about that time of year again...

Venue: Resort at Squaw Creek
    400 Squaw Creek Road
    Olympic Valley, CA 96146
    Shows: 7pm & 9:30pm - Doors 6pm & 8:30pm
    Tickets: $10.00 (surcharges may apply)

TICKETS AVAILABLE AUGUST 15TH:

Porters Tahoe

501 North Lake Boulevard
    Tahoe City, CA 96145

11391 Deerfield Drive
    Truckee, CA 96161

885 Tahoe Boulevard
    Incline Village-Crystal Bay, NV 89451

What Else?
    GRAND PRIZES TO BE AWARDED AT END OF TOUR:

-ONE PERSON WILL WIN 5 DAYS/5 NIGHTS TOTAL AT ALYESKA RESORT, ALASKA FOR TWO PEOPLE. CHOOSE TWO OF THOSE DAYS TO GO HELI SKIING WITH CHUGACH POWDER GUIDES! (AIRFARE AND TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM ALYESKA NOT INCLUDED; FOOD NOT INCLUDED)
    -ONE PERSON WILL WIN 2 DAYS/2 NIGHTS OF SNOWCAT SKIING/SNOWBOARDING AT SELKIRK WILDERNESS SKIING. ALL ACCOMMODATIONS AND MEALS INCLUDED (TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM SWS NOT INCLUDED)
    -ONE PERSON WILL WIN A $1,000.00 SHOPPING-SPREE GIFT CERTIFICATE TO BE USED AT COLORADOFREESKIER.COM
    -ONE PERSON WILL WIN A PAIR OF SALOMON ROCKER 2 SKIS
    -ONE PERSON WILL WIN TWO NIGHTS OF LODGING AND TWO DAYS OF LIFT TICKETS TO CRESTED BUTTE MOUNTAIN RESORT FOR TWO PEOPLE (RESTRICTED DATES WILL APPLY)!
    -ONE PERSON WILL WIN ONE DAY OF GUIDED ON MOUNTAIN SKIING AND ONE DAY OF GUIDED HELI SKIING FOR TWO PEOPLE AT SILVERTON MOUNTAIN!
    -ONE PERSON WILL WIN A CUSTOM MSP SWAG PACK WHICH INCLUDES: AN ATTACK OF LA NINA DVD, A DAKINE BACKPACK, AND AN MSP/ARMADA COLLABORATION SOFT-SHELL HOODI

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO