Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    My 3 month old daughter now has ski boots, I'd say its getting close to winter.

^^^ ring me if you want to do any Bjorn touring.

All Hail the Mighty, Wise, and Just RacoonFace!

Suggestion/Question: Does anyone know how to use the Google Maps API to map out all the eats on a single map? Seems like it'd be an easier interface.
    not counting days 2016-17

EXcellent!
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HiGrade1 View Post
    WooHoo! I had a dream the other night that we had the first big storm of the season....
    I had a dream the other night that I bought lift tickets for summer skiing ... I like your dream better!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    All Hail the Mighty, Wise, and Just RacoonFace!

Suggestion/Question: Does anyone know how to use the Google Maps API to map out all the eats on a single map? Seems like it'd be an easier interface.
    I didn't know, but it was pretty easy to set up with some copy and paste. PM me with your google account name if you want collab rights, so you can edit the map. I didn't make it publicly editable; I don't want some jerk swinging by and deleting everything.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...5cbbc262&msa=0

HTML Code:
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205027509914402130179.0004ababfaf5c5cbbc262&amp;msa=0&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;vpsrc=6&amp;ll=39.192391,-120.004586&amp;spn=0.680374,0.410548&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205027509914402130179.0004ababfaf5c5cbbc262&amp;msa=0&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;vpsrc=6&amp;ll=39.192391,-120.004586&amp;spn=0.680374,0.410548&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Maggot Approved Restaurants</a> in a larger map</small>
    (I guess HTML isn't enabled in posts?)

Map added to first post in Mag projects. Thanks!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

posted. Now
    Click. Point. Chute.

Bjorn POV's

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^ ring me if you want to do any Bjorn touring.
    so shall we be expecting the 6'er to be rocking the new Contour Bjorn mount in his POV's this year?

What a labor of love.

Now this year get out and ski!!
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Well if this is a list you can't forget these gems in South Lake Tahoe.

Want a burrito? Hit up Super Taco's at 4113 Cedar Ave ... you can only eat outside but it's the perfect place to pickup a quick bite to eat.

Need a tune? Either Sierra Cycle Works (a smaller operation) or The Powder House on 3930 Lake Tahoe Boulevard where Brent Springbett works. He use to tune skis for the US Ski Team in France, modest guy but does a helluva job with any ski he touches. He enjoys Eye of the Hawk and it isn't a bad boot fitter either.

Need some fitting done? Pat Medau is the best South Lake has to offer, all pertinent information can be found here http://www.tahoebootfitting.com/

Your Subaru need regular maintenance or maybe serious repair? Norm's Auto Repair at 2186 Ruth Ave is unequivocally the best Subaru repair and maintenance shop in the world. There, I said it. I wish every town had someone like Norm.

Still hungry for breakfast? The Red Hut Waffle at 2749 Lake Tahoe Boulevard was my go to for a quick, cheap, and great fresh breakfast. You'll see a lot of Red Hut's in town, this is the one to go to.

As far as Riva Grill is considered the thing to do is to show up for Fish Taco Friday's (3.50 a taco) when the ski season is underway. Heavenly hosts the event and they give away a lot of free prizes. Make sure to get a Wet Woody on the rock's. They normally serve it as a slushy drink, it tastes way better on the rocks and most don't know to order this. An amazing Friday night hang out spot, a lot of prizes.

I'll second the The Brewery at 3542 Lake Tahoe Blvd, they make all of their own beer on site, definitely my favorite place to get a drink any night of the week http://www.brewerylaketahoe.com/

I think most of the bases have been covered?
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Thanks for thre thread. Nice links. Just went to Tacos Jaliscos Sunday. Quickest ingestion of mexican food followed by one of the quickest exits.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    ahhh, finally getting colder. Welcome 11/12 season and thanks for the thread TMRF!

food ... I move to add Nakorn Thai in South Lake as an alternative to when the other weekenders are lining up outside the door at Orchid Thai. The food at Narkorn is just as good, the service just as nice, the setting and style just as authentic.

I also move to strike Izzy's Burger Spa from the list ... the only thing that place has over Burger Lounge is that they sell beer, which is huge, but if you are grading on the burger then the Lounge is clearly leagues above.

Can I get seconds for these motions?
    seconded, i always end up with a charred hockey puck at izzy's

best sunset dining - edgewood. not as expensive as the riva grill. the sports bar is great for apres and football too, but they're not open monday nghts.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^^^ and they have the most responsible staff members. Always on time, well groomed and ready to go. They are never found hauling ass out of the BC fifteen minutes before the beginning of their shift.

when you say well groomed and ready to go, you mean safe, right?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    hauling ass out of the BC fifteen minutes before the beginning of their shift.
    or 120 miles from their shift

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

PAGE ONE BITCHES!!!

man i hope this winter is like last, i was hurt last go around. bring it on.

So you hope you're hurt again?
    not counting days 2016-17

Well I'm glad i was able to get in 2 more days of riding right before the 11/12 season officially kicked off. Saw Powdork pond skimming & Longshortlong even got in a gnar shoutout that i was able to hear from Upper Highland lake. It was awesome being back on snow. After 7 months of knee rehab it felt great. Plenty of gawkers @ highland lakes that loved the fact we were riding in Aug.

glad to hear your up and running around!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

still havent decided whether Im gonna add Kwood to my alpine pass... I feel like i should pull the trigger since Im boycotting squaw... decisions decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    What a labor of love.

Now this year get out and ski!!
    OK! I'm ready now!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedbrew4u View Post
    Thanks for thre thread. Nice links. Just went to Tacos Jaliscos Sunday. Quickest ingestion of mexican food followed by one of the quickest exits.
    Great breakfast burritos.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Personally, I don't understand all the local love for TJ. I went there once last season because of all the hype and >$10 later I came out with the smallest, weakest veggie burrito I've ever had in my life. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the wealth of excellent burritos to be had anywhere in San Francisco, but TJ was overpriced and underwhelming.

IMHO, pretty much all of the "mexican" food to be had in Truckee is bunk (unless you really love refried beans, stale rice, and overpricedness), though the best ones I've found are the new little taco joint down by the train station (it's across from Truckee Sports Exchange). Cheap, good portions, friendly service. For sit down the spot next to Porter's has always seemed to be a cut above the other choices in town. That said, like any self-respecting wannabe ski bum, I usually make my own food.

Still searching for a halfway decent sushi spot, too...

In terms of b-fast, I recommended The Log Cabin in KB to Vets and he took his mom-in-law there last season and they were impressed/satisfied.

And for "date night" Cottonwood is pretty solid (nice view of OT and prices aren't terribly insane, plus the bar is cozy and decked out with seriously OG ski accoutrements).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en