Page 18 of 181 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    according to caltrans

I was up there last Sunday and it was just the light and a 5 minute wait for the one way section.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Close call...almost page two. Boreal stoke is not as good as patch skiing stoke in October, but Vets was out of town this weekend. Skied with JLA415 for a couple of hours until we got to the point where traffic moving uphill > traffic moving downhill.

Praying for snow...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

I saw Boreal on TV yesterday, it looked totally packed. Didn't look like much fun unless you're into the park stuff.

It needs to hurry up and start snowing already. Looks like maybe a little next weekend but nothing useful.

Bump to get us back to the 1st page.

Where's all the weekend Boreal TR's? :P

A couple people I know are looking for full-time housing in Tahoe for the winter. All foreigners and all work teaching skiing. If you've got something available and are looking for some decent housemates, let me know and I'll connect you. Two are hottie Brazilian girls (no joke), one is cool slovak guy. All speak English. Hot or cool, your choice. North Lake only.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Why is no one talking about the snow? And are you sure the Brazilians don't want to ski at KW?

first storm is inside slider, which means light snow amounts and light weight snow. sunday's could be better.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The "storm" on the way may not have much precip, so no one wants to jinx it by getting too excited. That's my take, anyway.

^^^ you don't know what you're talking about. The little picture for friday's forecast was snow flakes and that means snow! Lots of it! You heard it here first!

Oh, and I will be out of town with my mountain bike so there is no need to antijinx.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Seems like one NWS statement after another popping up. I'm not even hoping for enough snow to actually be useful for anything this weekend, though. I'm totally lost interpreting weather data, I hope some of the weather bloggers get their stuff up soon.

Sounds like a tiny bit of snow but only on the Nevada side from the most recent post? I'm driving up tomorrow to do pass stuff, hopefully it doesn't cause a problem.

pft. Jinx sminx. And who is excited? Besides, the whopper wont come to later. 10 days. And even if we do get a dusting of blower on shale this week, I expect skiing and pics from you guys. Don't be getting lazy. Only problem with my long view plan, is the folks will be in town when it dumps, and I'll only get surfing privileges.

little one tonight was non exisitent. i guess thursday night doesn't sound so bad
    .UNSTABLE
    CONDITIONS WITH COLD POOL ALOFT WILL KEEP BANDS OF SNOW AND SNOW SHOWERS
    GOING ACROSS MUCH OF THE REGION DURING THE REMAINDER OF THE NIGHT.
    SNOW AMOUNTS ARE NOT EXPECTED TO BE VERY HEAVY WITH EARLY ESTIMATES
    OF A FEW INCHES IN THE TAHOE BASIN...UP TO A FOOT POSSIBLE ALONG THE
    SIERRA CREST AND LOCALLY UP TO AN INCH OR TWO IN LOWER ELEVATIONS OF
    WRN NV.
    and sunday still looks promising
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

This thread needs a theme song....

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    my old dog Shasta and I got stuck on 80 for a few hours one night when it closed and were walking on the highway past all the cars when a Sac news crew decided to flim us and make Shasta their lead in. Pretty funny.
    That post made me smile - I think it'd be a nice change of pace to have an inherently optimistic creature in the car during a shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Why is no one talking about the snow? And are you sure the Brazilians don't want to ski at KW?
    agreed, would love to talk about inside sliders with the Brazilian girls when i offer up housing for the winter. oh!

SF North Face store avi presentation by Sage

Hit up the SF North Face store tonight with Turxski for that avi presentation thing they're touring around. Sage was doing this one. The presentation thing itself was beyond basic as expected. But Sage was cool as hell. Super chill and easy to talk with after he was done.

No real schwag beyond NF branded snowboard scraper (no thanks) and a coupon for a free tool if you buy over $100 in stuff. (pass)

Movie time tomorrow night!

Quote Originally Posted by the_immaculatedeception View Post
    Movie time tomorrow night!
    'hitting the 9:30 showing. I have not been paying much attention, will this top Light The Wick?

Quote Originally Posted by flipsRscary View Post
    'hitting the 9:30 showing. I have not been paying much attention, will this top Light The Wick?
    You have not seen many ski movies have you? LTW was one of the weaker choices from TGR in recent years IMOWO.

Check out Legs Of Steel...quite a movie.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Nick dropped some knowledge on the site...

http://www.powdiction.com

...KT line should be forming any minute!

Nice, but it needs the twentyone tres treatment.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by 213 View Post
    Nick dropped some knowledge on the site...

http://www.powdiction.com

...KT line should be forming any minute!
    Woah, weird. I've been wondering when he was going to update for ages. Apparently he did, and having "powdiction.com" and not "www.powdiction.com" bookmarked somehow made the posts since October 7th not show up. Figured I should mention that in case anybody else was having the same thing.

^^^ Good thing you mentioned that. The first post was broken.

If you guys are noticing any other broken links or issues please let me know and I will make the corrections.

Also, I have not forgotten about the adding the food suggestions from the earlier pages I just haven't had time to sit and do them yet.

okybe
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

^^^^ word. I'm not sure what happened, but I've heard of others having the same issue. I don't hardly know much about that internet shizz, but I must publicly apologize for the egregious grammatical, spelling, and stylistic errors in recent posts by the other so-called members of the Powdiction team.
    Fools best work harder and proofread to earn those blunts!

Quote Originally Posted by 213 View Post
    but I must publicly apologize for the egregious grammatical, spelling, and stylistic errors in recent posts by the other so-called members of the Powdiction team.
    Fools best work harder and proofread to earn those blunts!
    Maybe they should lay off those blunts before posting. Or if they are anything like me Maybe they hadn't had one at all yet.

I'm watching webcams (can't imagine I'm the only one) and it's actually looking like winter on there. Looks like it's coming down pretty good up there.