Page 15 of 181 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Breaking Trail tonight in Tahoe City

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    I assume the Leap is dry? Does the rock look wet to any SLT folks?
    co workers climbed there this weekend... said it was a beautiful day

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    I assume the Leap is dry? Does the rock look wet to any SLT folks?
    Good to go

Last edited by TahoeBC; 10-18-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Sweet - thanks Splitter, TahoeBC.

Hey, it's time for today's "Powderwhore at the Patagonia Outlet-Reno" bump... This'n's a good one because it's almost page top.

Friday, October 21st, 7:30 pm. $10 bones at the door comes with beer from Big Sky Brewery. Technically at the Patagonia warehouse in Reno, though the shop is at the warehouse. The movie will be shown in the lunch room on the side of the warehouse facing the Truckee. As usual, a raffle as well.

if anyone is looking for winter work, I hear that Bear Valley has a few openings on Ski Patrol - a great outfit to work for
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I have a pass to KW and will pick one up for Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    Went looking, but didn't find snow...

AKBruin:
    Attachment 101567

okbye
    Not a bad photo for a GoPro. I'll be happy if it doesn't snow until mid-November so that I can keep biking Tahoe trails. But once it starts, I'd like it to absolutely nuke down. The key is avoiding that shitty period when both the skiing and biking sucks.

page 2... no way.
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

x2......
    I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Friday, October 21st, 7:30 pm. $10 bones at the door comes with beer from Big Sky Brewery. Technically at the Patagonia warehouse in Reno, though the shop is at the warehouse. The movie will be shown in the lunch room on the side of the warehouse facing the Truckee. As usual, a raffle as well.
    I'm planning on going... Anyone else going to show up?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Me'n Schralph attended the Berkeley joint last night. Decent film that features "real" skiers/boarders (i.e. people that seem less like over-the-top rock stars and more like regular Joes) skiing/riding lines that most of us could at least envision tackling. Good mix of folks in the film and some crazy/funny stuff, as well. And the beer was cold (go with the cans, btw...muy tastiosimo!)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

^^^ Originally I was going to spend time with people. I just watched the trailer, and now I really want to see that movie! The part where the snow is cracking under the doods foot as he is skiing down is like a cartoon, and sick to see! I was getting all excited wondering if that crack would keep going.

Friday!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    I'm planning on going... Anyone else going to show up?
    Probably. Free beer is moderately less appealing when I have to drive home. Does the river bike path go all the way there from downtown?

what's all this movie talk? doesn't anybody ski any more?

the movie doesn't show it well, but i sent a LOT of rocks down at greg in the beginning there, and they had formed about a five foot tall bouncing wall of hurt heading right towards him
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Please!!!!
    Can we see a picture of your ski bottoms?

Let it Snow!

Still looking for a weekend place in south lake, if anyone has any openings...

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Please!!!!
    Can we see a picture of your ski bottoms?

Let it Snow!

the two core shots on one ski were from early in the season (though it was december so everything was already well filled in by then). the lone core shot on the top ski was from making turns in shallow water while pond skimming (actually it was right about exactly in the picture below). skiing on loose rocks tends to just lightly scratch up the base and does very little to the edges at all. it's the anchored rocks that hurt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-skis 005.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	101917  

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what's all this movie talk? doesn't anybody ski any more?

the movie doesn't show it well, but i sent a LOT of rocks down at greg in the beginning there, and they had formed about a five foot tall bouncing wall of hurt heading right towards him
    That was awesome! Thanks for the chuckles.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

you're welcome. and for the record, round top is skiing very well right now. the powder is gone, but so are the suncups. the top was super firm, but greg had to be back @ 2:30 so i'm sure it softened up a bit more in the afternoon. for reference, today's high in slt was forecast to be 70.
    the wait is pretty long now at carson pass any time of the day it seems. we parked on the east side of the stoppage and walked through. right about now everyone is yelling at me to get out of there. pretty sure that's where i dropped my lens cap.

greg with winnemucca behind

fin

hahaha. that is fucking awesome walking past the pass closure w/ yo skiis

they were all super cool. on the way back we were walking the ridgeline opposite the highway and the guy in the pic above (which was on the way in) waved us down onto the road and stopped all the equipment. every operator asked us how it was and were stoked to hear it was good. it was pretty cool. side note- where we parked the parking said he wouldn't recommend parking there because of the blasting (which i thought was a safe distance away). the foreman told us they weren't going to blast, not to worry. but if they are, evidently broken windshields and such aren't uncommon.
    just before we got waved down to the road

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Probably. Free beer is moderately less appealing when I have to drive home. Does the river bike path go all the way there from downtown?
    -ish

you'd have to pedal mayberry for a bit from Dorostkar Park until the neighborhood across from roy gomm elementary, then you can pretty much bike path it the rest of the way...
    Last edited by splitter; 10-21-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: incorrect form of pedal, unless backpack plans to panhandle mayberry on the way home

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    they were all super cool. on the way back we were walking the ridgeline opposite the highway and the guy in the pic above (which was on the way in) waved us down onto the road and stopped all the equipment. every operator asked us how it was and were stoked to hear it was good. it was pretty cool. side note- where we parked the parking said he wouldn't recommend parking there because of the blasting (which i thought was a safe distance away). the foreman told us they weren't going to blast, not to worry. but if they are, evidently broken windshields and such aren't uncommon.
    just before we got waved down to the road
    That is some funny shit. Wish I was up there on a patch, cause the surf is meager dribble right now, and I don't really want to peddle.

And damn, they are taking away a bunch of rock. Is this to help mitigate avi danger in the winter, or just to keep the rock slides down?

i think they're building a roadside pillow zone.
    daddyhood makes you get up early.

Yup. Early riser. Pillows sound very nice. I'd love to sleep on one.

Just showed the vid to my sister, who kept saying, "now that must be bad for the skis."