Page 11 of 181 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Cool Vid Powdork, with the exception of ski school, that looks WAY better than I figured it would be, sweet OCT turns!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    if anyone's thinking about tomorrow, this was how it looked when i left this afternoon. the sun had obviously beaten everything to shit

a few more pics from today via my sig
    That makes it easier. Almost looks like enough fell to stay on the north aspects. Another facets year?

fuck all you guys (and girls)

grumblegrumblegrumble
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

This belongs here:

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    This belongs here:
    The music was just amazing for how stoked they were.

damn, I really need to get my dukes mounted.

stupid cubicle walls.... been trying to slash turns in the hallways all day.... no luck....
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Planning on making some turns tomorrow morning (Donner Pass or Squaw/Alpine). PM if interested.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    seriously powdork? Ski School already?
    Wow! Really?? Nicely done PD!!

Ski School was just stellar last season.
    (Yes, us JONGs needed that much snow to drop from the top).

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Rose was quite nice yesterday afternoon and it was cool to follow it up with MSP's film at Squaw last night.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    fuck all you guys (and girls)

grumblegrumblegrumble
    hey, dont be a hater. its your fault that you dont live in a skiing state.

if my dad was an asshole and not the greatest dad ever, i'd be living in denver and not Houston; but i'm not laying that on anyone but my own choice to stay in Houston to be there when he eventually needs me around because he was there when i needed him.

it could be worse, all these guys could quit posting pics and videos.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    hey, dont be a hater. its your fault that you dont live in a skiing state.........
    mike you moved?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Plenty of folks got busy over here on the North Shore. Mid-Fall graffiti could be spotted on the faces of Sugar Bowl, Donner Ski Ranch, Soda Springs, Boreal (their coverage looked to be the best, imho, but I also heard tell that they were blowing their own to mix with Moms Nature's), Tahoe/Donner, and Alpine Meadows.

As mentioned earlier, I laid down my first-of-the-season tags under Donner Ridge on Wednesday.
    Much of that excursion was spent mostly falling down and untangling myself from the briar up on Sunrise Bowl (note to self: make sure you know what the slope looks like in the summer time before you attempt to schuss it on first snow).

Thursday I got a call from a non-Mag over in KB who wanted me to trek over and hit Rose with him. Given the slight distaste left in my jaw from Wednesday and lacking either skis to go with my skins or snowshoes, I declined. Several minutes later, however, JLA415 rang up, volunteered to loan me some skis that fit my skins and convinced me that the snow up at AM would be much more bueno (while I had been floundering around Sunrise on Wed he had been schussing around Alpine Bowl). At any rate, we skinned up the service road around Hot Wheels, then up the bottom of Alpine Bowl, and up around the top of Sun Spot. There were two snowboarders hitting up some fresh whilst we hiked and then another adventurous lad came up and passed us. By the time we got to the top the weather had come in, socking us with zero viz. On my second turn down AB, I found myself facing back up the hill towards JLA experiencing serious Alfred Hitchcock action (i.e. Vertigo for the cinematically challeneged). The snow was deep, fluffy, but there were still some chunky monkeys (tree trunks, boulders) lurking about. We hit Yellow on the bottom, which was a veritable mine field of mini pillows and scraping sounds ("Don't worry dude, I have a P-Tex gun at home" became JLA's mantra on this run).

All in all a solid day. I know JLA headed back up on Friday, but I opted to go snow hiking down by Island Lake, the area of which was was coated in mucho snow. Crazy (additional note to self: low-topped non-waterproof hiking shoes are not the most optimal for snowy conditions).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Smile More Food/Coffee suggestions

Just a few food suggetions:

Reno

Coffee -- The Hub. Best coffee in Reno, period. Yes, it is in a converted garage and there's only street parking.

Food --
    Vietnamese: Pho 777 is the classic, but Pho Country 2 is actually a bit tastier. Golden Flower, however, is open until 3am 7 days a week now. Hopefully they'll forget my little incident at 1am a few weeks ago...

Rubicon Deli: Tasty tasty sandwiches, friendly if gruff laidies behind the counter most days. Ample street parking on California.

Sup: Yes, it's a dumb name, but the soup really is worth finding a parking spot. Also note that Google still has their old address, which is just down the street. My link is to the current location.

Imperial: Only go there on 1/2 price burger night, get the tater tots, not the fries.

Chocolate Bar: if you like girly drinks that taste like dessert, or you want chocolatey desserts, or just to make ladyfriends happy, this is not a bad place to go. Bonus points for playing old sci-fi movies on the flat screens in an otherwise reno-trendy looking facility.

Truckee

Coffee -- I have to put a plug in here for Tuff Beanz. Mick the owner is awesome, he only works a couple days a week but it's worth it to see him tell the bay area society on their cell phones who try to order that he'll take their orders once they finish their conversations, not via mouthed instructions.

North Lake Tahoe

Firesign Cafe: Best breakfast in Reno/Tahoe. Yes, I am biased as this place was on the way back to the field house after checking traps from 4-11am, but it really is the best deal on brunchy food I've had in the area. LONG ASS WAIT at prime time on weekends, though.

Also, Alpine visitors note: I helped make all the "distressed" wooden frames in the base lodge area that are hung all over with various signs in them.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-08-2011 at 03:13 PM.

^^^ Donner Lake Kitchen closed.
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Really? That's weird... they were always busy when I was up there.

thanks for the chow suggestions backpack, added em to my database of places to try!

getting excited around here

dook- you up there full time these days, or splitting between there and SF?

Surprised to still find a couple good turns today. Lower Saddle:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Rose was quite nice yesterday afternoon and it was cool to follow it up with MSP's film at Squaw last night.
    I just mountain biked there today... Also nice.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Beta shot from today. the Cross looks to have more than enough snow for Powdork and his bomber Rock-a-Bro's

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8336.JPG 
Views:	643 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	101182  

that's kind of funny cuz as i was walking around my daughters game taking pictures i looked up through the trees and had the exact same thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-soccer 072.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	101184  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Penny enjoying some fresh October snow:

FYI, while the Donner Kitchen is indeed closed, it re-opened in late July as The Old Highway 40 Grill; new interior, new owners, new menu. Just had b-fast there this morning with the 'rents and the Eggs Benedict Crepes were pretty damn bueno (not being into Hollendaise sauce after reading Kitchen Confidential years ago, I got mine sans sauce, so I guess it wasn't really Crepes Benedict, but still...)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Dookey, I'm not quite healed to ski, but I could most definitely do crepes!
    Sometimes you have to let your bad self ski...