Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I am now at the one year mark and can say that stem cells have changed my life and cured my joint injuries better than I could have ever imagined.
    I don't ever even think about my meniscus or torn rotator cuff anymore. Or my other "bad knee."

This stuff works and it works like magic. If you have any bad joint issues, my experience is so positive, I have to say get the stem cells and be very careful of the damage surgery can produce for the long term. If I hadn't gotten the stem clls, I think I'd be looking at a replacement knee and hip by now. That is a nightmare thought.

I had an acl autograph (hamstring) replacement and two meniscus surgeries resulting in 60% of my medial meniscus going away. Due to my bowleggedness, that missing meniscus caused my knee joint to go waaaaay out of line and I was an osteotomy candidate, but refused to let the docs cut a wedge out of my tibial plateau and vowed to wait for stem cells. After 2-1/2 years of gimping badly, I had the stem cells/prp/hgh injection a year ago and I feel GREAT! It's like I have a new knee. My knee was developing osteoarthritis - GONE. It hurt all the time - GONE. I could barely ski without dying in pain - NO MORE.

It was done in Tahoe by Dr. Rebecca Gelber. 775.298.1750 Call Matthew, her office manager/husband, and talk to him. He'll tell you everything you need to know. And read my first few posts in this thread. It was 100 days to magnificence but the best possible outcome I could have ever hoped for. SO STOKED!

Procedure costs around $6K. I know there have been guys with no cartilage left in their ankles that Dr. Gelber has brought back. You should talk to Matthew and maybe have Rebecca take a look at your images before totally giving up hope on keeping your knee. I think only it only takes a little to get it to start growing again.

I say this for a couple reasons. I've known plenty of people who have been extremely happy with their knee replacements. But the ones who weren't are what terrified me enough to know I didn't want to do that. In some cases, they'll never be the same. Also, as far as skiing, I always think about how Arnold Schwarzenegger took a fall at Sun Valley a broke the pin through and out of his femur bone on his knee replacement.

Call Matthew. He's Patches here. Maybe your doctors have never seen what stem cells can do.
    Maybe they are resistant to anything outside their realm of experience.

Dr. Stone replaces the meniscus. It's a meniscus transplant. Not sure if he's switched up to stem cells to help it along. His education and research encompassed a lot of things like immunotherapy to prevent rejection, as his wiki page denotes.

The stem cell therapy I had involved what must have been the regrowth of the30%-40% of my meniscus that was let after ripping it a couple times. Feels better still. I was out walking the dog today and was marveling at how strong it feels. 15 months out since I got the cells.

17 month post-stem cell treatment bump to say I hardly EVER think about my knee anymore.

It's the cure!

My knee felt a little tweaked today so I went for a hike, did some trail running and it's back to fantastic. This thread has become my diary for a story I plan to write so others can get the benefit I have. When I think back to how my knee felt two three, four years ago, the improvement, as or I call it, the cure, has been nothing short of phenomenal.

You'll be skiing?

It's not in it's early stages in my body. I'm at about 19 months post stem cell injection. You might want to read this whole thread. I consider myself living proof it works. Or you can continue searching for empirical proof via research papers if that's what you need to be convinced.

I'm just saying it was easily the most awesome cure and better than I could have ever hoped for.

Good for you. You have a while before it all kicks in.
    After pretty much 19 months of spectacular results, I kinda tweaked my back and now my knee hurts a touch ever so often.

Interesting. I had no knee pain after the procedure. Just felt a little floaty in the knee and unstable walking at first step when I got off the table. Knee feels much better after skiing yesterday.

The redhead doctor has the art of doing this painlessly down beautifully. Couldn't feel the lipo or the injections and the results, as I have said a thousand times - beyond belief.

Just went in to see Patches and his lovely wife yesterday for a prp tuneup on my knee after hitting kirkwood the day before. It's been a little weird lately and I felt it could use a prp booster. They took enough blood to hit old rc and bicep tendon tears in my shoulder, too. When the dr asked where it hurt in my shoulder, I pointed to the spot. When she stuck the needle in, it went right into my bicep tendon, which started fibrillating. This is cool, I thought, as all other prp injections had been around that tendon. I'll be measuring the effect of that direct tendon injection of prp. It actually feels fantastic this morning.

What does that mean, Patches??? Who are these people sending you patients?

Make the trip to Tahoe. Patches and his wife are on the bleeding edge in this treatment arena.

I should note that the prp injection into my bicep tendon has affected the most unbelievable improvement since the dr. punched the prp directly into the tendon. Wasn't expecting so much improvement, as the tendon won't transport blood and, thus, the prp, along its length to heal so much. But I have been blown away in how that just happened that the needle landed right on it for the shot and how much it's come along. Knee also benefited additionally. I am so grateful for this medicine.

Just checking in to say I basically never think about my knee or shoulder much anymore. And that's exactly everything I could have ever hoped for.

Success stories 2 for 2, going to be 3 for 3 soon. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mir1950 View Post
    Just had Regenexx Stem Cell Therapy on both knees 2 weeks ago. One knee, bone on bone..the other, not so bad. Anyone experience this procedure?
    Please check in at 100 days with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Mir1950 View Post
    Thanks Rod for the reply. What was your schedule for activity? My doc has me wearing horrible braces and only 10 minutes of walking, twice a day, and my body is suffering from inactivity! Did you take the regenexx advanced stem cell support formula - a discussing powder ? I had my last injection 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'd love to know what your post-op instructions were.
    That sounds pretty brutal. Were you active before the procedure? Are there follow up PRP injections?

Keep your parts and regrow them!

Remember, you can get it done in Incline if your doc doesn't do it. PM Patches. Great maggot peeps, his wife and him.

I've seen some pretty elderly people in the office of Patches and the Mrs getting it done.
    Maybe he can speak to that...

FKNA! That sounds great. I know how you feel to be able to function again and it is definitely wonderful.

I had the surgery to remove part of my meniscus and ended up needing stem cells to walk again. And I had the head ortho for the US Ski Team. The inherent risks any surgeries involve are greatly understated imo. Stem cells allow you to keep your parts without major surgery and be new again. Lots of us old geezers here learned the knife is not the only solution. But, hey, it's your body...what could possibly go wrong?