Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FKNA!!!! I Had Stem Cell/PRP/HGH Injections in Two Knees and One Shoulder Yesterday

The long flowing red hair of a drop-dead gorgeous woman caught my eye as she looked at me aand she pulled two syringes from between her teeth, smiled and said, “So, you ready for some stem cells?” These joints have been used, abused and torn asunder during their decades of service skiing. I tried a lot of remedies. I went through surgeries. It wasn't working. I kept hearing about stem cells. Stem cells. They come from dead babies, right? So this vixen with the needles is some kind of baby killer? Not even. Nowadays, you get to use your own stem cells harvested fromm your own body. We’ve come a long way, baby. Without dead babies.

I was indeed treated by a beautiful red-haired lady doctor. And she did indeed inject my knees and shoulder with stem cells. I am blown away with the whole process. I'm not naming names just yet, but I will say she’s the blazing flame of a medical movement about to set the world on fire and, as one of her first patients, I’m in the hot seat to report on how stem cells helped my three specifically different joint problems heal when all other options had been exhausted. So far, so good. But it hasn’t even been 24 hours. Yet, I feel like a million buffalos. This is some interesting stuff. I’ll report more later.

The most noticeable immediate improvement has been in the patellar tendonitis. It raised its burning searing head a couple times yesterday, the day after the treatment, but is almost gone completely this am. To say I feel great again today is an understatement, even though I am in a bit of discomfort in the extraction zone where they took the stem cells out. I'll get into that later. It's quite amazing where the stem cells are and how the cells are taken out.

strawjack - thanks for that insight. The self-extracted stem cells are currently being used to repair macular degeneration in the eyes, emphysema and, I believe, can be injected into the hearts of people who have had heart attacks to regenerate damaged heart muscle/tissue.

Had my 4 week followup PRP/HGH injections last week.
    Nothing overwhelmingly noticeable in my improvement yet.
    Giving it time...

And to think a maggot wrote that story!!!

Well, I'm still chuggin along and my patellar tendonitis has completely healed, my torn bicep tendon and rotator cuff injury is much better and so is my meniscus. I find the amount of time I can stand around on bare cement has increased and today I played disc golf on a rocky, hilly course, then worked on concrete and am feeling the meniscus a little bit.

My endurance of how long I can do things that really hurt before has increased time-wise and the pain, when it does it hurt, is less. The doctor has requested, however, that I make an office visit for a swift kick in the nuts for smoking again after quitting for three weeks.

It has now been three months since I got the stem cell/prp/hgh injections in my knees and shoulder and each joint has gotten much, much better.

I totally recommend anyone with substantial damage to a joint get this treatment. I'm closing in on these joints feeling as good as they did pre-injury. The doc said it would be about 90 days for the full effect to occur and it has happened. Stoked. If you have a problem that doesn't seem to want to heal, this is the ticket. Glad to refer anyone to the doc who might need this to heal. It works.

I have held off on saying anything until I felt it was a success and I can now say without a doubt it has been the success I was waiting for. I was holding back in my earlier posts because it simply hadn't kicked in. I had to be sure. I am now. WOW! I was fading after a few hours working on the cement floor in the factory making skis less than 9 months ago due to the knee pain. I'm now working 16 hour days and coming home and thinking, "Holy shit, this knee just keeps getting stronger and has no pain." FKNA!

I am now going to pass on the stats on my remarkable beautiful redheaded doctor: Her name is Dr. Rebecca Gelber in Incline Village. She is married to Matthew, aka Patches, here on the board. If you are having issues with healing a joint or tendon, r/c issues or even old nagging injuries, this woman is your best hope. I cannot tell you how much pain she has taken out of my body with this treatment. My left knee was so out of whack after two surgeries for ACL and meniscus (twice), I was developing issues in my right hip from walking with a limp for two years. When Doc Orr, Chief Orthopod for the US Ski Team, went back in and took 60% of my meniscus out, my knee joint went 3-4 mm out of line because I am bowlegged. In jointspeak - that's a shitton out of line. All the orthopods I went to wanted to cut a wedge out of my tibial plateau. I said I'd wait until stem cell treatments finally took off mainstream and I am god damned glad I did. My knee developed arthritis that was getting worse and it simply wasn't getting better 2-1/2 years in. I screamed in pain when I hit bumps skiing and cramped the hell out my right quad from putting 90% of my weight on it in every turn. I had patellar tendonitis in my right knee from poor form doing squats to try to get my left leg muscles back. Patellar tendonitis: Gone. I shredded my left rotator cuff and bicep tendon on a nasty fall in Maggot Chute in Kirkwood. Doc Orr said that the r/c 'looks like hamburger' when he viewed the MRI on that shoulder. Pain: Gone. Strength: Increased and coming back more all the time.

Final Conclusion: The cure for most injuries we sustain skiing or otherwise can be healed with stem cell/prp/hgh injections.

Me? The happiest skier around.

It's the location the stem cells are taken from - around your umbilical cord, your belly button. It's apparently the location of the highest concentration of stem cells in your body. But now...no dead babies are involved. PRP is from your blood.

The PRP and stem cells are separated individually; stem cells from belly fat and PRP from a blood draw. They are injected together, along with some HGH. I guess it's like the stem cells are the builders, the PRP is the materials and the HGH is the foreman on the job to kick everything else in the ass. There's a better analogy I was told but I forget it now.

The stem cells go to work and keep working for months. You get a periodic booster shot of PRP and HGH to keep them fueled for healing. I've been running 16 and 18 hour days lately, much of that on bare cement, and still feeling fairly chipper. I've had days when my knee has screamed "I feel so buff!" I mean, like it was the strongest part of my entire body. The the next day it wouldn't be so much like that and I'm sitting here wondering "What the hell was that? I want more!"

Coffinskate - thanks for your input on the bone to bone stuff for couloirman up above. I was close but not quite there with my knee. What's amazing is that stem cell treatments are here now. This is it. And this is it for skiers or anyone else who hit something while traveling fast or simply tweaked a part of their body. I look forward to the day when there are a hundred more testimonials like ours in this thread.

Patches - I just wanted to say that what you and your wife are doing is the glimmering cutting edge of healing therapy/technology. Thank you so much for doing what you do. I can't even begin to tell you how much improvement I notice in my knee every day and how much I think about what it was like to be in constant pain for two and a half years.

Thank You and Thanks to Your Beautiful Wife from the bottom of my heart and depths of my soul for healing me.

You should talk to Patches directly. But if any of you clowns want to fly out there to have it done, I'd be glad to help with an airport pickup, ride to Tahoe and a place to crash. The entire experience, the healing, means enough to me to want to see other people be able to get it done.

You would likely need to have the surgery to put an tendon into place that could grow and reconfigure itself into an acl. I don't think stem cells alone will build the bridge of cartilage and affix itself to the bone as it sounds you hope it would. That might be asking a bit much...

Hey, my knees were totally gone, I thought, in '93.
    They rattled and I couldn't walk up or down inclines and steps well at all. I braced up to ski for over a decade on both knees. My first turn-around eye opener was prolotherapy, prolozone, to be exact. Three rounds and I threw the braces away, both knees felt like new.

Those results wouldn't duplicate for my knee with prolo after the surgeries; mostly because the prolo doc had a list of lame excuses and gave me some other stuff because he said he forgot the formula he used the first time and he also mentioned he forgot it because he used it on some kung fu mafia enforcer dude who had a bad reaction to it and he thought the dude was going to hurt him. Apparently the guy made an impression big enough he actually forgot it. He said he injected the guy and the guy left his office and called him that night screaming and cussing because his knee totally locked up, which is believable because he shoots enough juice and ozone in the knees that walking is a chore. Your knee joint is just floating all over the place. Anyways, the prolo wouldn't reproduce results since he forgot the formula.

The stem cell injection is kinda like that, too. My knees definitely were floating a bit when I tried to stand. The doc warned me and I caught myself. But what the stem cells did is still, right now, as I type, miraculous. My knees feel so new again. Not totally new, but in a place where I can go do anything. After being down as long as I was, it's day and night. What I'm saying, Piggity, is there are treatments that work, that aren't a kabillion bucks, like prolo, that you should try as a low budget cash treatment. Do what you can afford for your knees. A prolo treatment is prolly the same as a day skiing at Mammoth. If it doesn't help, think stem cells. I have gotten the relief you are looking for at the lower end and the upper end of the treatment spectrum. Start low, aim high.

Stopped by the doc's office today and ran into a maggot friend heading in to discuss options for his knees. I was hopping around the lobby of the doc's office on my formerly bad leg to show Patches and the doc how far it had come. Since the stem cells came from me and there were no aliens present, I guess my own stem cells did the trick.

Ran my first mile on my knee in like three years at the gym tonite. I'm having to retrain my knee to gain my gait, but that was a milestone I had worried I'd never see

The Doctor Speaks.

Just wanted to post a note up that Dr. Rebecaa Gelber, the beautiful redheaded doctor who cured my bum knee, is giving a presentation on 'Innovations in Stem Cell Therapy' at her Incline Village office on Tuesday January 24th from 5:30 to 7:00pm. Her office is located at 770 Northwoods Blvd and is directly behind the Wells Fargo bank.

If you ever had any questions, this is the time to go meet the wonder woman of stem cells and find out if it might cure your nagging whatever. I just went in and got a prp booster shot in both knees and my shoulder. One thing that was evident was the inflammation in my knee as compared to when I first had the stem cell injections. The whole knee capsule was so inflamed when the doc first shot into my knee that her hand quivered to inject the solution in but she was flawless in execution. I could feel how it was like cement the needle had to go through. The inflammation was gone when I got the prp booster shot. Went totally smooth. I continue to be impressed. The shoulder has been nagging me a bit lately because I have a habit of picking up ten pairs of skis at a time (not that ten pairs of our skis weigh that much ).

You can always call Patches (Matthew) at 775.298.1750 during office hours if you have any questions.

Skied my first day of the season yesterday. Icy firm stuff. Skied it hard. It was also the first day I've skied pain free in almost three years. Thanks, stem cells and Dr. Rebecca Gelber! It worked!

Just wanted to drop a note and say that I skied with the beautiful red headed lady doctor who stem celled my knees on Monday. She ripped. There was some other guy there who said he was her husband but I only noticed him for like a couple seconds. I hyperextended my knee about twelve days ago and it's been a bit achy since, so the wonderful Dr. Rebecca Gelber did a prp injection Saturday and we were skiing Monday.

The hyperextending my knee is the first setback I've experienced, but it will teach me not to do overly-exasperating shit like walk up the driveway, which is how I did it. It was one of those moments where the signal didn't quite connect between my leg and my brain.

Oh, and that guy, Patches, who's married to the most wonderful doctor in the world, he's a pretty good dude to ski with, too.

Checking in at nine months since I got my stem cell/prp/hgh injections to say that my improvement continues still. My knee is something I almost never think of aymore. Same goes for the other knee and shoulder that was treated with this amazing cure.

For anyone facing radical joint surgery, I can only say this - Keep your parts as long as you can. The after effects of surgery can sometimes be worse than the problem. Stem cells allow you to cure yourself. Consider it before placing your future in the hands of others who don't have to live in your body for the rest of your life.

Nine months and still getting better. The doc said the stem cells continue to work for a year and I have seen it and she was right. I almost never even think about my knee anymore. Or my shoulder. And just healed a broken arm in 30 days with no cast. Still totally stoked....

I'm sure you could get insurance to cover it if a doctor prescribes it and refers you to a doctor that does it. A lot of people don't realize they can do that, though it might require some insistence on the patients part. If I could afford it, I'd pay out of pocket to have it done annually. It's been that good for me.

I had a follow up PRP injection in both knees and my shoulder last week. I happened to break my arm and screw up my hand and wrist on a rock May 28 while skiing. The PRP injection to my shoulder made an overnight difference to my wrist and especially my fingers, which had been stiff and sore since I stuck my hand down to keep from breaking my hip. Essentially, though it is injected into a joint, it still gets into the bloodstream and goes everywhere. On another side note, the stem cells also go into your bloodstream and the first stop is your lungs. I've heard of people getting cured of emphysema from stem cells. Well, it cured my hay fever, too. This stuff never ceases to amaze me!

I was reading everything I could find on that guy and Dr. Stone in SF before I found a stem cell doc that could treat me in my neck of the woods. You should go see them, ssd. Get your doc to write that script.
    I'm going to write a piece on stem cells and would love the testimonial.

Just so you know, Patches, the cost of stem cells are 1/10 of what my acl/menicus repair followed by a meniscus clean up on me. I can't help but think it's more like 1/20 of a joint replacement. Plus, you get to keep your parts. I was well on my way to a knee replacement when you and your beautiful redheaded wife saved my knee. Have I ever said THANK YOU!!!?

I don't know. Since my knee injury went on a workers comp policy, the only way I could afford another MRI is if I go tell the doc it still hurts and I want an MRI. I don't have anything other than traveler's insurance right now, which covered my broken arm last month and, since my knee doesn't hurt, I haven't been inclined to ask for one.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Would any of this be recommended for a still kinda loose feeling shoulder? Repeat injuries to the labrum. Tears were repaired, but then I fell and almost tore it again. Rheumatism adds a little complication.

What is prp? Too lazy to read back.

Sent from my cell phone. no, a cell phone.
    PRP is like GSA. FKNA. But made from your own blood.

Quote Originally Posted by whatcomridaz View Post
    Splat,

Can you comment on the normal trajectory to deciding if you should use PRP or Stem Cell? I'm guessing full tears=surgery partial tears, tendonitis, etc=stem cell? Just trying to decide if another MRI is worth the effort or just go for the stem cells for a grade 2 tear
    All I can say is it's the wonder treatment your entire body benefits from. According to my OS, I had a complete tear of my rotator cuff and bicep tendon. It's really feeling fine since stem cells. Put the MRI funds toward stem cells - that's my recommend to anyone even considering it. Stem cells are that god damn good!