Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Delams were common on the 1st gen(eagles). It had nothing to do w/ the cores and everything to do w/ the wrong choice of sidewall material. Sidewall too brittle and would crack and chip.
    I've got eagles and the blue/white gen. Eagles are fukt and blues are still running cleanAttachment 397977
    Delams were common in the orange models too (not sure about maroons)... Same issue? Regardless, GS cores being stapled always stood out to me

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    The Dynastar Pro Rider 105 (aka M-Pro 105) is probably the most similar in production ski.
    I was not aware of that ski and I like it. Will be looking to see a pair in person.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    One million dollars for these unique beasts. Or $75.
    If abraham doesn't take them I will.

Monster 103 recommended line

Recently, I got 2003/2004 Head Monster 103 skis in 193cm length. They have never had bindings mounted on them. I haven't been able to find any markings indicating the recommended mounting line on these skis. Does anyone happen to know the position of the recommended mounting point (e.g., how many centimeters from the tail)?

Don’t know the recommended mount point but I’d certainly recommend mounting ahead of that. Makes that ski much easier to turn

Wow, that’s quite the find! I cannot remember the exact mount location, haven’t owned a pair in a long time. Maybe PM Marshal. I think it’s-12 but I liked mine +1.5 of it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a later model 183, so I don't think that will help, but someone here has got to have a 193 pair to measure!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I have that model yr and a few yrs later model(both 193), but not quite sure when I'd even be able to check as the skis are located about 10 miles from where I am right now. That model yr 03/04 had the infamous brittle sidewalls, so keep an eye out for delamming
    The ski has a very traditional tail. I'd bet reco is close to -14 front tc

Thanks for the info, everyone. Managed to snag the skis for about $80 in Japan . The condition is pretty good, with some rust on the edges.

Regarding the rec line, is it around -12 to -14 centimeters from true center? I'd like to PM Marshall to ask, but since I'm still a newbie on this board, it seems I don't have the privilege to PM yet. I'll wait a bit longer for more info.

Measured both my pair. 1 from 03/04 1 from 07/08
    I took pics but can't upload.
    The line is @ 80 cm's from the tail. The skis measure out @ 192, so recommended is -16 from tc, which, to me, seems a touch extreme

So, there's this small mark at about 80 cm from the tail that includes the recommended drill diameter. I kinda noticed it before, but I thought it was way back from the recommended line, so I figured it was just showing the drill diameter. Turns out, it's like -16cm from the ski center (my skis are a bit over 192 cm long). I won't be hitting the slopes with my Monster 103s until next season, but I'm thinking of mounting the bindings at either -2cm or -1.5cm. Thanks for the valuable info!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NX...usp=drive_link
    Last edited by mdca32; 05-01-2024 at 05:58 PM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by mdca32 View Post
    So, there's this small mark at about 80 cm from the tail that includes the recommended drill diameter. I kinda noticed it before, but I thought it was way back from the recommended line, so I figured it was just showing the drill diameter. Turns out, it's like -16cm from the ski center (my skis are a bit over 192 cm long). I won't be hitting the slopes with my Monster 103s until next season, but I'm thinking of mounting the bindings at either -2cm or -1.5cm. Thanks for the valuable info!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NX...usp=drive_link
    Wow, I didn’t remember how far back these were. So you’re going back of -16? That seems crazy to me. I really liked mine at +1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wow, I didn’t remember how far back these were. So you’re going back of -16? That seems crazy to me. I really liked mine at +1.5.

Oops, my bad. Yeah, I'm thinking of mounting them at around +2.0cm to +1.5cm too.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Ha. I still have that extra pair of im103s, new in plastic. Thx for the mammaries.
    Still have that extra pair of new 183s.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.